Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 23
April 22nd, 2021 at 7:46:43 AM permalink
I own a variety of different stocks, not just tech stocks. Yes, some of the non-techs tend to flatline over the years but pay dividends.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
April 22nd, 2021 at 10:59:42 AM permalink
Trading wise today:
I joined you SooPoo, on COIN, at 301. Doesn't look too good it's already lower, may decide to average in, but probably will just leave it alone for today see how it goes tomorrow. If it gets back to 304 or so, will probably dump it today.

I re-bot NFLX at 504 today too.

(As far as the NFLX @ 495 I bot on earnings night, I disposed of those trading shares the next day, and wrote about it here.)
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 111
April 22nd, 2021 at 11:09:17 AM permalink
So I Ďbookedí $90 on O. Sold at $69.90 then rebought at $69. So I have the exact same stock holding as yesterday, but $90 cash in the account. Itís a weird way to do it. My other 1200 shares of O are now worth $1100 less than yesterday....

I unfortunately am in COIN at $325. But not looking to trade. Iíd be happier if I was in at the present $296 though....

I have been buying some long term bonds paying between 3 and 4%. Limits my variance when market is down.... and up....
MDawg
MDawg
April 22nd, 2021 at 11:19:36 AM permalink
I believe the markets just took a dump due to the news that Biden is considering doubling the capital gains tax rate for wealthy Americans to 39.6%. (I also saw 43.4% mentioned.) Typically this sort of news blows over though, and the markets recover quickly.
MDawg
MDawg
April 25th, 2021 at 10:30:24 AM permalink
TSLA reports Monday the 26th. AMZN Thursday the 29th.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 111
April 25th, 2021 at 1:59:13 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

TSLA reports Monday the 26th. AMZN Thursday the 29th.

I always feel that the earnings, despite theoretically not released until the official release, are leaked to some unethical people. I fell like I will never be amongst the Ďin the knowí crowd and wonít guess one way or the other based on an earnings date. Plus sometimes earnings Ďbestí estimates but donít beat a Ďwhisper numberí and the stock plummets.

Any thoughts on my thoughts?
MDawg
MDawg
April 25th, 2021 at 7:39:21 PM permalink
In general, NO. EVERY TIME the stock starts tanking up until the closing bell, the internet is awash with rumors that "earnings were leaked." The truth is - the action before the bell has NOTHING to do with what happens after the bell.

Are earnings leaked? Yes, it may happen, but if it does happen it is leaked to so few that it's not going to make a difference one way or another before the bell.

I was privy to information once. Did I act on it? I will never say.
MDawg
MDawg
April 26th, 2021 at 7:17:13 PM permalink
I hung around in the room long enough to note that TSLA earnings were good, but for whatever reason, failed to impress. TSLA dropped some. I didn't look into this closely yet.
Mdawgrukes
Mdawgrukes
  • Threads: 0
April 26th, 2021 at 7:25:03 PM permalink
Mmmmmm we bet on you everyday winning nrbouyvff vim sucking us offbeat you are the best until the toll rings for you and misses jefff decides itvs overs for you and misseres mike sellojgrd youuuhgb outtt fitbtidhbeasyyyhgrhb dolleardsgj
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
April 26th, 2021 at 8:19:05 PM permalink
Quote: Mdawgrukes

Mmmmmm we bet on you everyday winning nrbouyvff vim sucking us offbeat you are the best until the toll rings for you and misses jefff decides itvs overs for you and misseres mike sellojgrd youuuhgb outtt fitbtidhbeasyyyhgrhb dolleardsgj [/q
Good talk.

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.

• Jump to: