Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 30
March 23rd, 2021 at 9:02:56 AM permalink
Yes, sometimes when sitting outside the courtroom waiting to go back into session (back when we used to go to the courthouse at all...nowadays almost all virtual) I'd do a trade here and there, just as you did at the pool. It's a great feeling.

Just to feel a part of and to join you today, I booked a 100. in TSLA 670 to 671.

As you may see, I was trying earlier too but cancelled all those orders out. Entry at 670 wasn't the best entry for that moment, but I just wanted to feel a part of, and buy and sell something. 😁

That 665 that I cancelled out didn't get quite that low on the first dip, but woulda been glorious if I hadn't cancelled it out because it would have filled nicely on TSLA's second dip today.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
March 24th, 2021 at 4:11:56 AM permalink
What's on the agenda this morning SooPoo? Looking good as far as long terms.

I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
March 24th, 2021 at 4:13:11 AM permalink
GME reported after the bell yesterday and dropped - but lately, when has that stock moved due to anything relevant or real world?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 112
March 24th, 2021 at 5:08:58 AM permalink
No real plan today. But I checked how Iíve been doing. I have booked $2500 total in profit. That compares to my unrealized loss of $900 on the 5 stocks I bought specifically to trade that I still own. Some TSLA (671) TRIP (51.12) NOK (4.80) HERO (32.99) and NAK (.80). NOK is the big loser at is down to around 4. Not sure what wife has planned for us today... probably pool... so I may buy something else to trade...!
MDawg
MDawg
March 24th, 2021 at 5:29:36 AM permalink
Well that is the best way to approach trading, as in...no forced plan. If you see an opportunity to make money that seems like a high probability trade, take it! Otherwise, pass.

The way to look at what we do, trading additional shares in stocks we own long term, is as "free money" that we pluck from nowhere that we would not earn ("book" 😄) by doing nothing.

Have fun in FL. It's def. not pool weather in Vegas lately. Very windy.

I don't roast in the sun anyway. Just stop by occasionally for a few minutes to feel some rays.
MDawg
MDawg
March 24th, 2021 at 5:54:31 AM permalink
I'm putting in an order for TSLA around 663 or so, see if it dips to that before it takes off again.

NFLX is now about 20 pts higher than where I sold for that particular trade, but I still booked an easy grand on it, and own a lot of very very long term NFLX anyway. Trading wise, best not to look back.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
March 24th, 2021 at 6:41:27 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Well that is the best way to approach trading, as in...no forced plan. If you see an opportunity to make money that seems like a high probability trade, take it! Otherwise, pass.

The way to look at what we do, trading additional shares in stocks we own long term, is as "free money" that we pluck from nowhere that we would not earn ("book" 😄) by doing nothing.

I don't roast in the sun anyway. Just stop by occasionally for a few minutes to feel some rays.

(Bold added)

I donít trade. Only long term invest. But I donít understand the bolder.

Shouldnít you also subtract from the ďfree moneyĒ the opportunity cost of what that money would be invested in if you didnít hold it for trading? In other words, if you werenít trading with that money, wouldnít it be invested in your long term hold stocks? So by trading you are costing yourself the appreciation that money would have gotten by holding those shares.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 112
Thanks for this post from:
unJon
March 24th, 2021 at 6:52:46 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

(Bold added)

Shouldnít you also subtract from the ďfree moneyĒ the opportunity cost of what that money would be invested in if you didnít hold it for trading? In other words, if you werenít trading with that money, wouldnít it be invested in your long term hold stocks? So by trading you are costing yourself the appreciation that money would have gotten by holding those shares.

Exactly! I answered that a bit ago. I think I am tying up maybe 30 grand on a day in these. My yearly expectation on 30 grand is, say, 2 grand positive or so? In the month or two Iíve been doing this Iím up $1600 so Ďbetterí than expected.... My B in Law who does this for a living crushes the expected 6-10% that HODL might produce.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
March 24th, 2021 at 7:02:32 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: unJon

(Bold added)

Exactly! I answered that a bit ago. I think I am tying up maybe 30 grand on a day in these. My yearly expectation on 30 grand is, say, 2 grand positive or so? In the month or two Iíve been doing this Iím up $1600 so Ďbetterí than expected.... My B in Law who does this for a living crushes the expected 6-10% that HODL might produce.

Thanks, SOOPOO. That looks like the right comparison to me.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
MDawg
MDawg
March 24th, 2021 at 8:36:02 AM permalink
I ended up going in at 661, and it dropped a full 10 pts. I had an order in to average more at 648, but it never dropped that low.

Anyway, I wanted 665 but let it go at 662, which it eventually came back to.

Imagine how happy I was to see

Trade filled!

• Jump to: