Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 23
March 22nd, 2021 at 6:53:14 AM permalink
Out, NFLX, swing trade from last week that I entered at 510. So, you could say that I booked my K for the day by way of that trade anyway.

I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
March 22nd, 2021 at 8:40:41 AM permalink
I read this thread and all I see is the Billion dollar boys club.
They thought they were making millions
It was a bogus account
Great story
Much better then this thread
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
MDawg
MDawg
March 22nd, 2021 at 8:54:57 AM permalink
SooPoo everything is holding pretty solid so far. That might be it for the day, Good Luck! if you trade further. Just remember though - stocks are sometimes strongest just before they collapse. But of course, as we have seen, they always come back.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 111
Thanks for this post from:
MDawg
March 22nd, 2021 at 2:38:35 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

SooPoo everything is holding pretty solid so far. That might be it for the day, Good Luck! if you trade further. Just remember though - stocks are sometimes strongest just before they collapse. But of course, as we have seen, they always come back.

I did sell at 687. After it did rise to 699 but didnít make 700. Down I think to 665 again! I may buy tomorrow morning depending on what Iím doing in real life.

Terapined called us the million dollar club.... my trade which lasted nearly a week netted me $180. It is real money. I am quite happy with the result. I am still not 100% sure if what I am doing has a positive expectation, but it seems so....
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 46
March 22nd, 2021 at 3:57:37 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I am still not 100% sure if what I am doing has a positive expectation, but it seems so....

Subject to whatever minimal bid-ask spread, commissions and fees, you quite possibly do have an advantage.... If the long term upward trend continues. Though that is a safe bet, it's not a lock. Even Blue chips can switch into catastrophic long term downward trends. Been there. Worked for one during the dot.com bubble and lost a LOT..... After I'd made a bigger lot.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
March 22nd, 2021 at 4:38:31 PM permalink

Terapined called us the million dollar club....

Billion dollar boys club
It's an infamous gang that got scammed. They thought all there trades were legit
They got scammed. All the trades bogus
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 22nd, 2021 at 5:29:02 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Billion dollar boys club
It's an infamous gang that got scammed. They thought all there trades were legit
They got scammed. All the trades bogus

I use TD. I am 99.9+% confident that they are real trades. Not 100% though! For a while I had some in Schwab, some in individual mutual funds.... But I consolidated .....
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
March 22nd, 2021 at 6:17:22 PM permalink

I use TD. I am 99.9+% confident that they are real trades. Not 100% though! For a while I had some in Schwab, some in individual mutual funds.... But I consolidated .....

My self managed funds are in E-Trade. I never really did a comparison between the cheap brokers. I can't imagine that they are much different.
Order from chaos
MDawg
MDawg
March 23rd, 2021 at 7:31:10 AM permalink
SooPoo I was too cheap again today. My TSLA order was 665, so I got nothing. Might be a day with no trades, but something on my radar might dip sufficiently later this morning.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 23rd, 2021 at 7:36:33 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

SooPoo I was too cheap again today. My TSLA order was 665, so I got nothing. Might be a day with no trades, but something on my radar might dip sufficiently later this morning.

Iím sitting at pool. Surprisingly well heated. Hot tub has cracked pipe.... supposedly It will be fixed later today. Will sunning I got in and out of TSLA for $10 x 15 shares. So $150. All while swimming......

Even though overall market is around even, all 5 of my portfolios are down more than the market.... I may have won the tiny battle but am losing the big war!

Edit.... back in TSLA and also TRIP.
Last edited by: SOOPOO on Mar 23, 2021

• Jump to: