Thread Rating:

vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 28
Thanks for this post from:
TDVegas
May 14th, 2022 at 3:39:13 PM permalink
Everyone made money on the markets in 2021. However so far in 2022....not so much.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 32
May 15th, 2022 at 3:13:40 PM permalink
Last year buy and hold about anything good made money. This year, so far anyway, only skillful trading such as the way I am doing it will make you money. Or perhaps going short, but I am not into that sort of thing.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1418
May 15th, 2022 at 3:27:03 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

I accept the wager. I made no such losing trades, no such trades at all as you describe "all red trades now in the long term bin." What amount of money will you put up? I propose $100,000. put up to the Wizard to be held in trust, plus a lifetime ban from WOV for the loser.
link to original post

I've been asked to take a stand on this.

There is some precedent. As I recall, in 2015 Ayecarumba (whatever happened to him?) challenged to StrictlyAP to a bet, to which StrictlyAP said "sure." Aye went onto win the bet and SAP wouldn't pay, saying, I think, the "sure" was not in reference to confirming the wager. Moderators took Aye's side and nuked SAP. To be honest, we were not unhappy to see him go and that may have influenced our decision.

Let me confer with the other moderators about this. If either side wishes to make any further statements in the matter, you may do so.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
MDawg
MDawg
May 15th, 2022 at 3:45:15 PM permalink
This post here
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/off-topic/34418-mdawgs-investments/151/#post849821
makes clear that TDVegas' proposed "any amount you wish" for the wager he proposed was accepted for $100K. And $100K isn't a ridiculous sum I assume manageable for either of us.

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 215
May 15th, 2022 at 3:47:43 PM permalink
So the bet is that mdawg never made a losing trade?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MDawg
MDawg
May 15th, 2022 at 3:56:31 PM permalink
It's quite clear what the wager was. It was that I made those specific trades "all red trades now in the losing bin" on May 11, 2022.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 2
May 15th, 2022 at 5:40:05 PM permalink
My bet is those losing trades are in a shadow account…set up for him by his trust fund from Grandpa MDawg or even possibly great Aunt Edna MDawg and the money she willed into an account only accessible until he reaches age 65, but he had a special proviso to access the account to trade stocks. Edna ain’t happy about that as the trust has dwindled from $10,000 to .49 cents. She would have set it up for him differently. Be it robin hood, Schwab, Goldman, UBS or some other account not easily identifiable because it exists as a trust, set up for him in a conglomeration of fictitious names (ie, Inka, Dinka, Doo corp). He’s probably allowed to trade in the account, but the inherent ownership is grandpa MDawg and his littany of trust fund lawyers check to make sure MDawg doesn’t self implode the monies.

There’s just no way to access or identify all these “shell” trading accounts to disprove the trades were not made….but my statement is firm. MDawg has made no losing trades as every losing “transaction” has been converted into a long position and therefore he is able to claim “no losing trades.”

I’ve also been speaking to MY trust fund advisors…and they have advised me $100,000 exceeds my “bet withdrawal” limits. Sorry. Grandpa TDVegas was no Grandpa MDawg. Successful, mind you, just not that successful.
TDVegas
TDVegas
May 15th, 2022 at 6:25:46 PM permalink
Edit. Double post.
Last edited by: TDVegas on May 15, 2022
TDVegas
TDVegas
May 15th, 2022 at 6:25:50 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

So the bet is that mdawg never made a losing trade?
link to original post

I did not go thru all 150+ pages with literally 100’s of claimed trades…but I do not believe there is one single solitary mention of a losing trade among the 100’s claimed to have been made. Not one. EVERY one has been profitable.
coachbelly
coachbelly
  • Threads: 1
May 15th, 2022 at 7:05:25 PM permalink
The terms of the challenge that you initiated (below) requires you to prove what you have asserted.

Quote: TDVegas

I’ll bet you any amount of money that you also made trades in AMZN at 2178 (dropped)…again at 2154 (dropped)….again at 2134 (dropped)…again at 2132 (dropped)…again at 2119 (dropped).

Quote: TDVegas

There’s just no way to access or identify all these “shell” trading accounts to disprove the trades were not made.

Then how do you intend to prove your original accusation, and your subsequent accusation that MDawg has shell trading accounts?

• Jump to: