1 vote (2.7%)
4 votes (10.81%)

37 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
January 24th, 2020 at 10:58:58 PM permalink
https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic-personality-quiz/

I took the quiz and I almost feel bad I'm a borderline narcissist at 17. I took the test twice and had the same result. One thing which puzzles me is why they ask your gender if it doesn't matter, I paged back for each gender and it was 17 every time. Perhaps some of the questions are gender specific and I answered the right way to not affect a score.

What was your score, is the question for the poll.
I am a robot.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
January 25th, 2020 at 12:39:30 AM permalink
I got a 9, I thought it would
be higher.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 25th, 2020 at 12:47:30 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I got a 9, I thought it would
be higher.

It could go either way, some of the questions could go either way, sometimes you're not sure which you like. A low score is a good thing.
I am a robot.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 25th, 2020 at 7:28:23 AM permalink
Lucky eleven here.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 25th, 2020 at 7:52:08 AM permalink
The site said most people score 12-15 and the majority seems less than 12. Maybe this thread should be called, hey ONM is a narcissist, I knew it lol. I really don't think I am, but they never do. I think maybe some questions I don't understand or I'm maybe answering them dishonestly somehow.
I am a robot.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
January 25th, 2020 at 8:10:42 AM permalink
I got a 4.

How is the average 12-15? That seems pretty high....

Also, which one of y'all got a >19?? Jeez... maybe time to reevaluate you life...
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
January 25th, 2020 at 8:55:06 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I got a 4.

How is the average 12-15? That seems pretty high....

Also, which one of y'all got a >19?? Jeez... maybe time to reevaluate you life...

The test does say to take it if you think you might be narcissistic. Maybe the average is 12-15 for that group of people.
I heart Crystal Math.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
January 25th, 2020 at 9:13:56 AM permalink
2, I did not answer the age and gender questions.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 25th, 2020 at 9:47:22 AM permalink
10. Quiz is easy to get a total megalomaniacal score, but I doubt we have any of those, so maybe someone picked those just for fun.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 25th, 2020 at 10:19:13 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

2, I did not answer the age and gender questions.

Of course not. How insulting to
ask what your gender is when
there are so many to choose
from. I listed mine as cat loving
french fry hating mongotrog..
We're a tight group..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
January 25th, 2020 at 11:05:11 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

It could go either way, some of the questions could go either way, sometimes you're not sure which you like. A low score is a good thing.

But perhaps not too low. While most of the categories are considered negative personality traits, scoring zero or one point in "Self-Sufficiency" implies that a person is slothful, incapable, frightened and/or willing to piggyback on the hard work of others.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
January 25th, 2020 at 11:37:18 AM permalink

A low score is neither good nor bad. Narcissism can be a positive force in the world, and shrinking away from attention and responsibility can be a debilitating force in the world. It’s situational, and dependent on the motivation of the subject.

I got a 10, btw, but there are many situations in my life and work where I go against my natural tendencies. It’s not always who I am; sometimes it’s who I need to be.
A falling knife has no handle.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
January 25th, 2020 at 12:06:42 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

But perhaps not too low. While most of the categories are considered negative personality traits, scoring zero or one point in "Self-Sufficiency" implies that a person is slothful, incapable, frightened and/or willing to piggyback on the hard work of others.

I considered this too, and I scored quite low. I am confident in my abilities and I’m not lazy, but there’s a lot I don’t know. For instance, there was one question like “I get things done on my own vs. I rely on other people to get things done.” Now, I get my own job done without anyone’s help, but I also recognize that there are a lot of other pieces required to get to the end. I Think I answered the first one, but there’s merit in the second one depending on how you interpret it.
I heart Crystal Math.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 25th, 2020 at 12:36:22 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I got a 10, btw, but there are many situations in my life and work where I go against my natural tendencies. It’s not always who I am; sometimes it’s who I need to be.

Yup. Many of those questions only apply to my experience with sport, and that version of me has little in common with the street version. Right now I'm Bob Ross, but in 2hrs I'll be the Heartbreak Kid. Is "gimme the damn ball" superintendent or self obsessed?

Seeing your perpetually chill personality, I can imagine it clashing with the necessities of salesmanship.

ETA: 12, if it matters
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
January 25th, 2020 at 3:46:35 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Haha.... I got a zero in that category.

Quote: CrystalMath

The test does say to take it if you think you might be narcissistic. Maybe the average is 12-15 for that group of people.

Ahh, that makes sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
CrystalMathonenickelmiracle
January 25th, 2020 at 3:50:19 PM permalink
I WANT EVERYBODY TO KNOW I SCORED AN 11. Does that make me a narcisist?
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
Thanked by
CrystalMathonenickelmiracle
January 27th, 2020 at 5:57:17 AM permalink
I put little stock in quizzes like this because they are so transparent (for every question it's obvious which answer gets you closer to narcissism and vice versa), and even if you try really hard to answer honestly, there is always that little voice in the back of your head pushing you toward the outcome that you want.

I scored an 11, and therefore did not answer the poll because there is no option for scoring exactly an 11 (there is an option for less than eleven, and 12 and up).
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
January 27th, 2020 at 9:13:25 AM permalink
Sometimes these are tough to answer because they are so situational. There are definitely times I prefer to blend in, but others that I preferred to be noticed. I don't think I'm better than people in the vast majority of contexts, but there are certain moments in which I do feel that way like when scores on a test were announced for tests in college. I absolutely love listening to other people and learning from them, but can talk about myself at length. I got a 10 and that seemed pretty reasonable.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
January 27th, 2020 at 11:53:33 AM permalink
I got a 13. Surprised it was so high. I'm thinking I'll score lower than DarkOz though.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
January 28th, 2020 at 5:34:34 AM permalink
I got a 9
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 28th, 2020 at 6:12:17 AM permalink
Only got high in self sufficiency. Not a surprise as my dad used to yell and scream at me for that.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 28th, 2020 at 1:36:16 PM permalink
My weakness was vanity meaning I'm not vain and I am very humble. You cannot pay me to have all eyes on me, I don't like that attention.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Jan 28, 2020
I am a robot.
SlotKing89
SlotKing89
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
February 24th, 2020 at 2:23:52 AM permalink
I got a solid 2
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 110
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
February 24th, 2020 at 2:49:56 AM permalink
Your Total: 27
Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.
Narcissists score over 20.
Because you scored 18 or higher, you may want to check out the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.

Here's how you rated on the seven component traits of narcissism:

Narcissistic Trait Strength of Trait
Authority: 5.00
Self-Sufficiency: 3.00
Superiority: 3.00
Exhibitionism: 5.00
Exploitativeness: 4.00
Vanity: 3.00
Entitlement: 4.00
Below you will find a brief interpretation of each narcissism trait and what your score relative to that trait may indicate about you.

Authority

Authority refers to a person's leadership skills and power. People who score higher on authority like to be in charge and gain power, often for power's sake alone. You scored particularly high in authority, suggesting you see yourself as a leader or as someone who values power.

Self-Sufficiency

This trait refers to how self-sufficient a person is, that is, how much you rely on others versus your own abilities to meet your needs in life.

Superiority

This trait refers to whether a person feels they are more superior than those around them. You scored particularly high in superiority, suggesting you feel you are superior to most others.

Exhibitionism

This trait refers to a person's need to be the center of attention, and willingness to ensure they are the center of attention (even at the expense of others' needs). You score particularly high in exhibitionism, suggesting you have a higher need than most to be the center of attention in any group or gathering.

Exploitativeness

This trait refers to how willing you are to exploit others in order to meet your own needs or goals. You scored particularly high in exploitativeness, suggesting you don't mind exploiting others in order to meet your own needs or goals.

Vanity

This trait refers to a person's vanity, or their belief in one's own superior abilities and attractiveness compared to others. You scored particularly high in vanity, suggesting you have a strong belief in your own abilities and attractiveness.

Entitlement

This trait refers to the expectation and amount of entitlement a person has in their lives, that is, unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with one's expectations. People who score higher on this trait generally have a greater expectation of entitlement, while those who score lower expect little from others or life. You scored particularly high on entitlement, suggesting that you may have a higher sense of entitlement than most people.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
February 24th, 2020 at 5:20:09 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Your Total: 27
Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.
Narcissists score over 20.
Because you scored 18 or higher, you may want to check out the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.

Here's how you rated on the seven component traits of narcissism:

Narcissistic Trait Strength of Trait
Authority: 5.00
Self-Sufficiency: 3.00
Superiority: 3.00
Exhibitionism: 5.00
Exploitativeness: 4.00
Vanity: 3.00
Entitlement: 4.00
Below you will find a brief interpretation of each narcissism trait and what your score relative to that trait may indicate about you.

Authority

Authority refers to a person's leadership skills and power. People who score higher on authority like to be in charge and gain power, often for power's sake alone. You scored particularly high in authority, suggesting you see yourself as a leader or as someone who values power.

Self-Sufficiency

This trait refers to how self-sufficient a person is, that is, how much you rely on others versus your own abilities to meet your needs in life.

Superiority

This trait refers to whether a person feels they are more superior than those around them. You scored particularly high in superiority, suggesting you feel you are superior to most others.

Exhibitionism

This trait refers to a person's need to be the center of attention, and willingness to ensure they are the center of attention (even at the expense of others' needs). You score particularly high in exhibitionism, suggesting you have a higher need than most to be the center of attention in any group or gathering.

Exploitativeness

This trait refers to how willing you are to exploit others in order to meet your own needs or goals. You scored particularly high in exploitativeness, suggesting you don't mind exploiting others in order to meet your own needs or goals.

Vanity

This trait refers to a person's vanity, or their belief in one's own superior abilities and attractiveness compared to others. You scored particularly high in vanity, suggesting you have a strong belief in your own abilities and attractiveness.

Entitlement

This trait refers to the expectation and amount of entitlement a person has in their lives, that is, unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with one's expectations. People who score higher on this trait generally have a greater expectation of entitlement, while those who score lower expect little from others or life. You scored particularly high on entitlement, suggesting that you may have a higher sense of entitlement than most people.

So uh, do you have a comment on your results, besides just copying and sharing. I'm not much of a narcissist, I give the credit to the forum. Otherwise I'd be a 13 probably. Vanity was my lowest score, but I must have misunderstood some of these authority and entitlement questions and I'm certainly not very exploitative with people, they exploit themselves and I just watch and collect their ashes. Lately I was accused of being one of those asperger demonic robots, nope, and also bi-polar, nope.
I am a robot.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1489
February 24th, 2020 at 8:08:46 AM permalink
Quote: SlotKing89

I got a solid 2

So did I.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
February 24th, 2020 at 9:10:34 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

So did I.

You must be eating your fibre 🤣
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 110
February 24th, 2020 at 12:36:24 PM permalink

So uh, do you have a comment on your results, besides just copying and sharing. I'm not much of a narcissist, I give the credit to the forum. Otherwise I'd be a 13 probably. Vanity was my lowest score, but I must have misunderstood some of these authority and entitlement questions and I'm certainly not very exploitative with people, they exploit themselves and I just watch and collect their ashes. Lately I was accused of being one of those asperger demonic robots, nope, and also bi-polar, nope.

The questions are all about context in your life. I'm probably border line between getting the maximum score and the minimum score simultaneously.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 22nd, 2020 at 5:32:33 AM permalink
I don't really think my score is as high as I tested, because I feel I answered about general answers about power and control when I was thinking more specific. I don't really like being responsible and doing things as much as I answered, I do like to delegate and let others take over for certain things.
I am a robot.
Wishuponacomet
Wishuponacomet
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
May 2nd, 2020 at 5:05:42 AM permalink
I got a 3. I don't mind compliments, but being overly complimented would annoy me. There was a question asking if I would want to rule the world or something like that. No. There was a question asking if I like being the center of attention. No.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
Thanked by
AxelWolf
May 2nd, 2020 at 6:29:01 PM permalink
I just know I'm better at this test than anyone else.......
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 2nd, 2020 at 6:41:03 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I just know I'm better at this test than anyone else.......

he hee ha ha ha ha.

Oh wait, you're not trying to be funny lol.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: