Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 18th, 2019 at 1:01:58 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Actually, I'm hearing reports that it's due to substitution in the local market of homemade booze, either poured into bar drinks and/or stocked in the minibar, and that numerous resorts are or have been buying garbage cheaply either knowingly or unknowingly. The adulterant or contamination may well be pesticides, but could also be chemicals used in distillation or illicit ingredients.

I could be wrong of course.

Several people complained about employees spraying pesticides under their windows and the smell getting into the ventilation system. I'm thinking the pesticides are in the ice, not the liquor.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
June 18th, 2019 at 3:32:20 PM permalink
4.5 million dollars worth of drugs accidently sent to Ford dealerships in car spare tires.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/drug-cartel-mistakenly-sends-dollar45m-of-meth-to-canadian-ford-dealerships/ar-AAD4oGG?ocid=spartandhp

Not sure which soon-to-be dead guy in the cartel is responsible, but he's probably not sleeping well.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 18th, 2019 at 4:04:30 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Not sure which soon-to-be dead guy in the cartel is responsible, but he's probably not sleeping well.

Accidents happen.

Did you hear about the one hundred dollar bolt of cotton that was seized by the government? The cloth could have been made into a Dior gown, so the press release said "Fifty Thousand Dollar Seizure.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 18th, 2019 at 4:14:45 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm thinking the pesticides are in the ice, not the liquor.

Good thinking particularly if its a microbial contamination, but not too likely if its a limited amount of a contaminant. Ice machines are checked by epidemiologists because victims usually forget to report ice consumption and if tourists choose to avoid the local water, they seem to often forget where ice comes from.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
June 18th, 2019 at 4:16:27 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Good thinking particularly if its a microbial contamination, but not too likely if its a limited amount of a contaminant. Ice machines are checked by epidemiologists because victims usually forget to report ice consumption and if tourists choose to avoid the local water, they seem to often forget where ice comes from.

I worked in quite a few restaurants back in the day
None ever cleaned the ice machine
I disagree with ALL your gambling stories! That's allowed here, to disagree! The Mission data proves it ! You want me to make a different assessment based on that data? It's just a coincidence that you always win? At least Know Thyself and don’t try to claim otherwise!!!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 18th, 2019 at 8:46:23 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

None ever cleaned the ice machine

A very common situation, but think of it as a constant dilution of the insecticide.
terapined
terapined
June 19th, 2019 at 7:39:40 AM permalink
7 year olds playing baseball
13 yr old umpire makes a call the adults don't agree with
Of course the adults resort to violence to resolve the umps decision
sad
I disagree with ALL your gambling stories! That's allowed here, to disagree! The Mission data proves it ! You want me to make a different assessment based on that data? It's just a coincidence that you always win? At least Know Thyself and don’t try to claim otherwise!!!
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
June 19th, 2019 at 8:45:44 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

7 year olds playing baseball
13 yr old umpire makes a call the adults don't agree with
Of course the adults resort to violence to resolve the umps decision
sad

Yeesh!

I remember this one time playing youth baseball as a kid, the umpire got hurt during the game, and one of the parents volunteered to ump the rest of the game. Just so happens he was the father of the other team's pitcher.

So, I'm up to bat, 2 outs, 2 strikes, bottom of the last and we're behind. The pitcher throws one at my head, so I hit the deck to get out of the way. While I'm on the ground, I hear "Strike three!" form the ump! There was some grumbling, but everyone just went home. I do remember my coach saying that it was a "$h!++y call." I think that was the first time I heard the word "$h!++y."
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
RS
June 19th, 2019 at 2:02:54 PM permalink
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/06/19/chick-fil-a-becomes-third-largest-restaurant-chain-us/?utm_term=.5ee99e96d718

Chick-Fil-A passes Burger King, Wendy’s, Subway and Taco Bell to move up to #3 in Fast Food Sales.

The boycott worked out well for the liberals, didn’t it. Imagine if they were actually open on Sundays.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
June 19th, 2019 at 2:15:12 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/06/19/chick-fil-a-becomes-third-largest-restaurant-chain-us/?utm_term=.5ee99e96d718

Chick-Fil-A passes Burger King, Wendy’s, Subway and Taco Bell to move up to #3 in Fast Food Sales.

The boycott worked out well for the liberals, didn’t it. Imagine if they were actually open on Sundays.

And they did it with far fewer stores plus a smaller menu. Good food trumps overcomes the hate of the left.

Don't want some folks to get upset at that word in this thread.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
June 19th, 2019 at 2:31:00 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

I don't think anybody on the left here on this board was boycotting
I don't eat there but it has nothing to do politics
I simply think the food is disgusting , over priced and doesn't taste good
I want a chicken, I'm going to Costco, 4.99 for a whole chicken and its delicious
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
Thanked by
Joeman
June 19th, 2019 at 6:30:19 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Yeesh!

I remember this one time playing youth baseball as a kid, the umpire got hurt during the game, and one of the parents volunteered to ump the rest of the game. Just so happens he was the father of the other team's pitcher.

So, I'm up to bat, 2 outs, 2 strikes, bottom of the last and we're behind. The pitcher throws one at my head, so I hit the deck to get out of the way. While I'm on the ground, I hear "Strike three!" form the ump! There was some grumbling, but everyone just went home. I do remember my coach saying that it was a "$h!++y call." I think that was the first time I heard the word "$h!++y."

You went around.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
  • Jump to: