Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 6608
June 13th, 2019 at 3:50:00 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: darkoz

Quote: AZDuffman

I keep hearing that "pro-choice" folks are not "pro-abortion." Well, look at a recent USA Today headline:



Fewer women are having abortions. Why?


If that not clear enough that they think a decline in abortion rates is not a good thing, how about a quote from the article:

Quote: Mary Ziegler, a professor at the Florida State University College of Law who specializes in the legal history of reproduction



"We've changed what was an undeniable consensus that reducing abortion was the goal," Ziegler said. "Now we're looking at whether the decline in abortion rates is something to be celebrated or worried about."



So please, do not tell me the "pro-choice movement" is not really pro-abortion. And when you support them, know what you are really supporting.



But I am telling you.

Please dont tell me the opposite



You can tell me whatever you want. This is at least the third think I have linked to show my point. A John Cleese reply of "no, it isn't" does not compare.



Because your links are fake news

I am certain I can link to dozens of articles on global warming being a reality

Will that change your mind?

Doubtful

So links are meaningless
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11677
June 13th, 2019 at 4:06:52 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz



Because your links are fake news



How? By actually showing people celebrating abortion?

Quote:

I am certain I can link to dozens of articles on global warming being a reality

Will that change your mind?



Nope. Because GW has been disproved many times. Because so many GW models have been proven flawed. Because so many GW predictions have failed. But mostly because GW is a prediction, I am showing actual reality.

How about some links showing feminist organizations and "pro-choice" folks praising women who chose adoption? Or celebrating that there were less abortions over time? Hmmm? Instead of comparing to GW, for which I have given actual reasons to be a skeptic vs. saying "no, it isn't", you try to defend your position in an intellectual way?

Or is it easier to say, "no it isn't?"
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 6608
June 13th, 2019 at 4:53:19 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

How? By actually showing people celebrating abortion?



Nope. Because GW has been disproved many times. Because so many GW models have been proven flawed. Because so many GW predictions have failed. But mostly because GW is a prediction, I am showing actual reality.

How about some links showing feminist organizations and "pro-choice" folks praising women who chose adoption? Or celebrating that there were less abortions over time? Hmmm? Instead of comparing to GW, for which I have given actual reasons to be a skeptic vs. saying "no, it isn't", you try to defend your position in an intellectual way?

Or is it easier to say, "no it isn't?"



I can point to just as many links that show GW is real.

If I took the time I am certain I can point to just as many links that disprove your pro-abortion accusations

(I am too busy enjoying my bluray of smokey and the bandit right now)

As u state, you wont believe my links.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11677
June 13th, 2019 at 5:43:50 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I can point to just as many links that show GW is real.

If I took the time I am certain I can point to just as many links that disprove your pro-abortion accusations

(I am too busy enjoying my bluray of smokey and the bandit right now)

As u state, you wont believe my links.



Take your time, I look forward to you showing some of these feminist groups praising the women who choose adoption over abortion.

My position on GW is clear, I do not believe. Your defense is "LISTEN TO THE SCIENTISTS!" Same as any GW believer, cannot make their own case.

But I am making a point about pro-abortion folks, not GW. Your deflection says quite a bit.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 6608
June 13th, 2019 at 5:57:46 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Take your time, I look forward to you showing some of these feminist groups praising the women who choose adoption over abortion.

My position on GW is clear, I do not believe. Your defense is "LISTEN TO THE SCIENTISTS!" Same as any GW believer, cannot make their own case.

But I am making a point about pro-abortion folks, not GW. Your deflection says quite a bit.



Of course I say listen to the scientists

Im not a scientist so why should you listen to me
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 6608
June 13th, 2019 at 6:11:17 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: darkoz

Quote: AZDuffman

I keep hearing that "pro-choice" folks are not "pro-abortion." Well, look at a recent USA Today headline:



Fewer women are having abortions. Why?


If that not clear enough that they think a decline in abortion rates is not a good thing, how about a quote from the article:

Quote: Mary Ziegler, a professor at the Florida State University College of Law who specializes in the legal history of reproduction



"We've changed what was an undeniable consensus that reducing abortion was the goal," Ziegler said. "Now we're looking at whether the decline in abortion rates is something to be celebrated or worried about."



So please, do not tell me the "pro-choice movement" is not really pro-abortion. And when you support them, know what you are really supporting.



But I am telling you.

Please dont tell me the opposite



You can tell me whatever you want. This is at least the third think I have linked to show my point. A John Cleese reply of "no, it isn't" does not compare.



Because your links are fake news

I am certain I can link to dozens of articles on global warming being a reality

Will that change your mind?

Doubtful

So links are meaningless





So here is an excerpt from an article stating that pro-choice groups are not advocating for abortions but reducing the number of abortions while expanding the choices women have

In case your wondering what article it comes from its the very one you link to above in your own post as your proof.

Do you even read past the first paragraph when you link to these articles?

Excerpt:
In the 1990s, President Bill Clinton said abortion should be "safe, legal and rare," a slogan that persisted among Democrats for years. It was a position on which pro-choice and pro-life activists could ostensibly agree, since it implied abortion is something to avoid. 

Pro-choice advocates have moved from framing abortion as something that should be "rare" to something that should be accessible to any woman who needs it, though they strongly advocate for policies that reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, which in turn reduces the need for abortion.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 163
  • Posts: 9561
Thanks for this post from:
darkoz
June 13th, 2019 at 7:02:36 PM permalink
Too many in the pro-life movement think that going beyond actual facts is helping their cause. It just makes them look foolish and dishonest.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 5257
June 13th, 2019 at 7:12:59 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Too many in the pro-life movement think that going beyond actual facts is helping their cause. It just makes them look foolish and dishonest.



Bottom line
Prudes angry people are having sex for fun
Its pretty obvious those against abortion aren't getting any

It amazes me how nosy some people get when somebody gets pregnant.
None of my business
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11677
June 14th, 2019 at 2:25:32 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz




So here is an excerpt from an article stating that pro-choice groups are not advocating for abortions but reducing the number of abortions while expanding the choices women have

In case your wondering what article it comes from its the very one you link to above in your own post as your proof.

Do you even read past the first paragraph when you link to these articles?

Excerpt:
In the 1990s, President Bill Clinton said abortion should be "safe, legal and rare," a slogan that persisted among Democrats for years. It was a position on which pro-choice and pro-life activists could ostensibly agree, since it implied abortion is something to avoid. 

Pro-choice advocates have moved from framing abortion as something that should be "rare" to something that should be accessible to any woman who needs it, though they strongly advocate for policies that reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, which in turn reduces the need for abortion.



Did I even read it? Did you even read it?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 6608
June 14th, 2019 at 2:28:21 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: darkoz




So here is an excerpt from an article stating that pro-choice groups are not advocating for abortions but reducing the number of abortions while expanding the choices women have

In case your wondering what article it comes from its the very one you link to above in your own post as your proof.

Do you even read past the first paragraph when you link to these articles?

Excerpt:
In the 1990s, President Bill Clinton said abortion should be "safe, legal and rare," a slogan that persisted among Democrats for years. It was a position on which pro-choice and pro-life activists could ostensibly agree, since it implied abortion is something to avoid. 

Pro-choice advocates have moved from framing abortion as something that should be "rare" to something that should be accessible to any woman who needs it, though they strongly advocate for policies that reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, which in turn reduces the need for abortion.



Did I even read it? Did you even read it?



Whats your point?

Highlights of half a statement in order to change the full meaning of the paragraph just prove your wrong.

Why dont you highlight the second part of the paragraph which literally proves you wrong lol
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: