Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
April 25th, 2019 at 11:29:57 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

People that are considering having children need to spend a few days at these schools and witness what goes on, and see if that is what you want to have living with you, because that is what your kids will turn into "if they are cool" and want to be respected by their peers.

Schools have been allowed to get so out of hand. In the 1950s, a kid chewing gum or not throwing waste in the trashcan was a big deal. Today, many schools need cops onsite. How many people had school police when they grew up?

Where I went there were about 5% causing 90% of the problems. They needed to be sent to reform school. If we had that system again, school problems would plummet. But heaven forbid we boot a kid from school for any reason.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 153
April 25th, 2019 at 12:06:59 PM permalink
Get off my lawn.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
April 25th, 2019 at 12:21:40 PM permalink
I imagine if you go to a school when kids are being dropped off and picked up and witness their parents complete disregard for any sort of parking/waiting/bike lane restrictions, particularly in an upper middle class zip code, and itís simple to see how many kids could develop an attitude that rules donít apply to them.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
April 25th, 2019 at 12:57:04 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I imagine if you go to a school when kids are being dropped off and picked up and witness their parents complete disregard for any sort of parking/waiting/bike lane restrictions, particularly in an upper middle class zip code, and itís simple to see how many kids could develop an attitude that rules donít apply to them.

I did that once to help out my sister, picked up my nephew at a upper middle class elementary school
All the parents waited patiently in a car line
It was very civil and safe. I had a placard on the dashboard proving I was safe to pick up a child
Nobody was breaking any rules. Very organized.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 39
April 25th, 2019 at 1:24:11 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I did that once to help out my sister, picked up my nephew at a upper middle class elementary school
It was very civil and safe. I had a placard on the dashboard proving I was safe to pick up a child

You'd be surprised at some of the antics people try to pull to avoid the orderly process.

One mom here avoided the line by signing her kid out twenty minutes early every day. They soon changed the policy and you had to sign them out an hour before schooll ended.

Not every school or district has discipline over the process. The it is just a free-for-all.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
April 25th, 2019 at 1:29:00 PM permalink

Ok. Tampa must be a reasonable place then. Try Summerlin, different story.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
April 25th, 2019 at 1:45:56 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Ok. Tampa must be a reasonable place then. Try Summerlin, different story.

This was actually in Houston, visiting my sister.
Barbara Bush Elementary school
Lots of teachers outside keeping everything organized
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
April 25th, 2019 at 2:09:10 PM permalink
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-24/failure-launch-adult-children-living-their-parents-are-destroying-retirements

Dangerous to let young folks that won't move out of their parents basement, vote.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
April 25th, 2019 at 2:52:55 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-24/failure-launch-adult-children-living-their-parents-are-destroying-retirements

Dangerous to let young folks that won't move out of their parents basement, vote.

I keep hearing these stories and keep smh. Just taking up a room while you work is one thing, and in many cases works out. But to have your car insurance paid? I was told I had to pay up, and up front, if I wanted to drive.

I remember an article about worse than this back about 1999. How 30-40 year olds were going to their parents for money for SUVs and other luxuries. If the parents are loaded I say "whatever" to it all. Collapse is coming, let those who can enjoy enjoy. When it does collapse they will be the ones freezing in the dark.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 101
April 25th, 2019 at 3:05:35 PM permalink

Unless I am out of town
I never ever go to starbucks anymore
How hard is it to make a cup of coffee.
I used to go there for their frappes. I cant drink that anymore, too much sugar. Unhealthy. I cut frappes and ice cream from my diet.

I get a double shot of espresso(sometimes decaf) over a full cup of ice. Add a teaspoon of cream to discolor it. It's a 20 calorie no sugar treat. About $2.50.

• Jump to: