Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyph
April 23rd, 2019 at 1:12:24 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I don't know, but call me old fashioned. I remember when junkies had to hide their drug use.

I remember when you had to score some s#$% from some sketch bag under the train tracks. Now it's some dude in a white coat at Rite Aid.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
April 23rd, 2019 at 1:33:08 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I remember when you had to score some s#$% from some sketch bag under the train tracks. Now it's some dude in a white coat at Rite Aid.

deleted
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 218
April 23rd, 2019 at 5:04:38 PM permalink
Philippines' Duterte gives Canada 1 week to take back garbage or 'we will declare war'

An interesting change of pace. If he does it he would trigger NATO. A world war over a third world nation and garbage!
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
April 23rd, 2019 at 6:45:24 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Philippines' Duterte gives Canada 1 week to take back garbage or 'we will declare war'

An interesting change of pace. If he does it he would trigger NATO. A world war over a third world nation and garbage!

A declaration of war against Canada does not trigger NATO any more than The Argentinian attack on the Falklands did. If terms like third world nations existed back then, both World Wars started because of them. Serbia was a wart on Europe's rump and Poland still counted on cavalry units at the start of the Second War.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
April 23rd, 2019 at 7:28:07 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

A declaration of war against Canada does not trigger NATO any more than The Argentinian attack on the Falklands did. If terms like third world nations existed back then, both World Wars started because of them. Serbia was a wart on Europe's rump and Poland still counted on cavalry units at the start of the Second War.

I agree that a "declaration of war" does not trigger NATO, but if the Philippines does conduct an armed attact on Canada in North America it will trigger NATO.

Argentina's attack on the Falklands did not trigger NATO because the attack occurred outside of NATO's Article 5 jurisdiction.

NATO Article 6 "For the purpose of Article 5 an armed attack on one or more of the parties is deemed to include an armed attack on the territory of any of the Parties in Europe or North America, on the Algerian Depart­ments of France, on the occupation forces of any Party in Europe, on the islands under the jurisdiction of any Party in the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer or on the vessels or aircraft in this area of any of the Parties."

http://archives.nato.int/uploads/r/null/1/4/145641/0010_NATO_Handbook_1959_ENG.pdf
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
April 23rd, 2019 at 10:55:42 PM permalink
When the most advanced military starts actually talking about unknown highly advanced aircraft invading our air space, I guess we should take notice.

Quote:

The U.S. Navy is drafting new guidelines for pilots and other personnel to report encounters with "unidentified aircraft," a significant new step in creating a formal process to collect and analyze the unexplained sightings — and destigmatize them.

The previously unreported move is in response to a series of sightings of unknown, highly advanced aircraft intruding on Navy strike groups and other sensitive military formations and facilities, the service says.

"There have been a number of reports of unauthorized and/or unidentified aircraft entering various military-controlled ranges and designated air space in recent years

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-navy-drafting-new-guidelines-for-reporting-ufos/ar-BBWdVrV?ocid=spartanntp
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 192
April 24th, 2019 at 12:07:53 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

it's not about Trump ( didn't want to start a new thread) but I find it pretty sad and amazing that we've come to this - I've seen needle disposal boxes in the mall bathrooms near me

https://www.businessinsider.com/starbucks-needle-disposal-boxes-more-locations-2019-4

There are plenty of diabetics out there besides junkies, but the junkies are most likely to have diseases innocent people can catch. I'd kind of be surprised to see a junkie waste $2 on a cup of coffee though. Maybe they just want the finer things, the ambience of the starbucks bathroom must be a real treat.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
April 24th, 2019 at 12:43:53 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

Quote: billryan

I agree that a "declaration of war" does not trigger NATO, but if the Philippines does conduct an armed attact on Canada in North America it will trigger NATO.

Argentina's attack on the Falklands did not trigger NATO because the attack occurred outside of NATO's Article 5 jurisdiction.

NATO Article 6 "For the purpose of Article 5 an armed attack on one or more of the parties is deemed to include an armed attack on the territory of any of the Parties in Europe or North America, on the Algerian Depart­ments of France, on the occupation forces of any Party in Europe, on the islands under the jurisdiction of any Party in the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer or on the vessels or aircraft in this area of any of the Parties."

http://archives.nato.int/uploads/r/null/1/4/145641/0010_NATO_Handbook_1959_ENG.pdf

I'm not that familiar with the Philippine military, but I doubt they have much that would get anywhere near our hat.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 218
Thanks for this post from:
RS
April 25th, 2019 at 10:41:09 AM permalink
California May Ban Schools From Suspending Students For ‘Willful Defiance’

"Research has shown the category of willful defiance was disproportionately used to discipline minority students, specifically African-Americans. Assembly Bill 420 was signed into law by Governor Brown in 2014, eliminating the expulsion option for schools. It took effect on January 1, 2015.

So we are not going to remove the kids who are causing problems, that should really help out the educational problems. I have to wonder, does anyone have the guts to ask if the reason Black students get more suspensions is because they misbehave more? Subjective to answer to be sure, but should not at all be ruled out.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
April 25th, 2019 at 11:18:04 AM permalink

California May Ban Schools From Suspending Students For ‘Willful Defiance’

"Research has shown the category of willful defiance was disproportionately used to discipline minority students, specifically African-Americans. Assembly Bill 420 was signed into law by Governor Brown in 2014, eliminating the expulsion option for schools. It took effect on January 1, 2015.

So we are not going to remove the kids who are causing problems, that should really help out the educational problems. I have to wonder, does anyone have the guts to ask if the reason Black students get more suspensions is because they misbehave more? Subjective to answer to be sure, but should not at all be ruled out.

"Existing law already prohibits schools from suspending children in grades K-3 for disrupting or willful defiance. Existing law also prevents schools from recommending the expulsion of students in all grades for disrupting or willful defiance." It's been easy already for years to discern which kids had no discipline in their households. And it is nearly impossible to compete with peer pressure. This is crazy.
IIRC, forcing your child into that atmosphere 30 years ago, would have qualified as child abuse?

People that are considering having children need to spend a few days at these schools and witness what goes on, and see if that is what you want to have living with you, because that is what your kids will turn into "if they are cool" and want to be respected by their peers.

• Jump to: