Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
April 23rd, 2019 at 8:54:46 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I don't think your last line is accurate. We can have a debate about the hazier lines between someone's overall goodness and faults, in order consider whether we should elevate them to the public square for permanent recognition.

I have no confidence in those debates being fair or even correctly decided. We are allowing too many to apply current standards to the past.

In this case, the teams involved are privately held so there was no public debate and I would not block their right to do what they want...
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
April 23rd, 2019 at 9:22:51 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I have no confidence in those debates being fair or even correctly decided. We are allowing too many to apply current standards to the past.

I think you're also confusing pulling down a statue with a complete obliteration of a historical event. No one should forget tyrants of history. Doesn't mean we need their statues out in the park. (not saying kate is a tyrant, just my general application to more important aspects of this type of thing)

Quote:

In this case, the teams involved are privately held so there was no public debate and I would not block their right to do what they want...

So, it's kind of irrelevant in this case.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
April 23rd, 2019 at 9:29:15 AM permalink

I think you're also confusing pulling down a statue with a complete obliteration of a historical event.

No, I'm not, but thanks for checking.

So, it's kind of irrelevant in this case.

I just said that...
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
April 23rd, 2019 at 11:53:59 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

it's not about Trump ( didn't want to start a new thread) but I find it pretty sad and amazing that we've come to this - I've seen needle disposal boxes in the mall bathrooms near me

https://www.businessinsider.com/starbucks-needle-disposal-boxes-more-locations-2019-4

That's about insulin needles in the first place. Idk what to say about junkie use, except better there than on the floor, or especially in the hand towel wastebasket. It's not unlikely either a bathroom cleaner or a customer might reach in there for a dropped item, or that a needle could rip thru the side of the bag.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
April 23rd, 2019 at 12:46:54 PM permalink
I don't know, but call me old fashioned. I remember when junkies had to hide their drug use.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
April 23rd, 2019 at 12:50:02 PM permalink
A guy with a gun shoots up a mosque in New Zealand and the media and government demands bans on guns.

A bunch of muslim suicide bombers blow up multiple churches in Sri Lanka. Why isnít the media and Western governments demanding bans on muslims?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabstringlomane
April 23rd, 2019 at 12:52:55 PM permalink
I doubt lack of a available needle box stops people from shooting up, so might as well have something available that might get used some of the time.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
April 23rd, 2019 at 1:01:51 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

A guy with a gun shoots up a mosque in New Zealand and the media and government demands bans on guns.

A bunch of muslim suicide bombers blow up multiple churches in Sri Lanka. Why isnít the media and Western governments demanding bans on muslims?

The media and western govts don't hate Muslims
A bunch of white people shot up a mosque
The media and western govts don't hate white people either
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 23rd, 2019 at 1:06:53 PM permalink

You can't overthrow a tyrannical government with a Muslim.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 148
April 23rd, 2019 at 1:09:40 PM permalink

Why isnít the media and Western governments demanding bans on muslims?

there's this tiny little thing in the U.S. called Freedom of Religion - it's in the Constitution - First Amendment - maybe you missed it while you were focusing all of your attention on the 2nd Amendment

did you ever hear about it?

also, the vast majority of people realize that you shouldn't punish an entire group of people for the crimes of a tiny % of them

First Amendment:

"𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐡𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐨𝐟;"

virtually 𝐚𝐥𝐥 of the terrorists who have been captured were captured due to the help of Muslims who hate the terrorists more than you do

would you like to lose that as a resource?
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Apr 23, 2019
it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters........................it's the size of the fight in the dog

• Jump to: