Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
April 12th, 2019 at 12:49:43 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Quote: gordonm888

Please keep politics out of this thread.

I dislike the political threads but have been enjoying this non-political news thread. Please, lets keep this non-political.

I as well. I dont go in the politics threads so I don't know who talks in there but I would guess it's the same handful that keep bringing politics into all threads

Some conservatives have difficulty reading
Fleaswatter totally ignored the name of the thread and posted Trump stuff
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
April 12th, 2019 at 12:57:37 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I dislike the political threads but have been enjoying this non-political news thread. Please, lets keep this non-political.

I as well. I dont go in the politics threads so I don't know who talks in there but I would guess it's the same handful that keep bringing politics into all threads

Says the guy keeping the politics alive in this thread.😀
terapined
terapined
April 12th, 2019 at 1:07:10 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Says the guy keeping the politics alive in this thread.😀

Due to thread title, I see nothing wrong with politics. Just don't discuss Trump
So
back to politics with no Trump
Who do you support
Jane Castor or David Strazz for mayor of Tampa
Former police chief or the fabulously rich person
Last edited by: terapined on Apr 12, 2019
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
terapined
terapined
April 15th, 2019 at 10:46:45 AM permalink
OMG
Notre Dame Paris is on fire and burning down

Since we have a breaking news story, for once I am watching cable news
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
April 15th, 2019 at 11:00:07 AM permalink

OMG
Notre Dame Paris is on fire and burning down

Since we have a breaking news story, for once I am watching cable news

They don't seem to be doing anything about fighting the fire. Maybe there's nothing they can do.

The slender spire was fully engaged, flames from top to bottom outlining the skeleton of the structure, which will be THE image. Unless they lose it all, when it will be the rose window lit from within. And then the spire collapsed into the church at about 7:52 pm, if it was live.

This is a huge loss.

It was under construction, with scaffolding surrounding a lot of it. Police say they're treating it, for now, as an accident.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 12
April 15th, 2019 at 11:19:32 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

NY Assembly: No free college tuition for Gold Star families
https://www.syracuse.com/politics/2019/04/ny-assembly-no-free-college-tuition-for-gold-star-families.html

NY lawmakers pass state ‘Dream Act’; Cuomo says he’ll sign it
https://www.syracuse.com/state/2019/01/ny-lawmakers-pass-state-dream-act-cuomo-says-hell-sign-it.html

The first article is saying that the state isn't going to give things to people for free. The second article is saying the state will give things to people who are willing to pay for it. Loans versus handouts. Sounds like fairly conservative positions to me.

Wanting to give some kids special treatment in being able to attend college just because of their parents sounds a lot like liberal affirmative action. To argue that is good when the parents are in one group (military), but bad when the parents are in another (black or minority) would be an extremely liberal position. Fortunately New York is going in the opposite direction
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
April 15th, 2019 at 11:21:39 AM permalink
Sad, watching it on CNN. Water cannons going but has to be huge internal damage.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 262
April 15th, 2019 at 11:25:02 AM permalink
One of the lessons learned in the multi-city riots in the UK several years ago was that no matter how beloved or economically important to the community, once those older structures catch the least bit of fire, all hope is lost.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
April 15th, 2019 at 11:26:16 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Sad, watching it on CNN. Water cannons going but has to be huge internal damage.

I thought they had fireboats. She's right on the Seine, on the Right Bank. I'm kind of shocked they weren't on it right away from there. But what do I know? It's just that they are showing pictures from the water side, and there are no boats shooting water from there.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
April 15th, 2019 at 11:42:11 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I thought they had fireboats. She's right on the Seine, on the Right Bank. I'm kind of shocked they weren't on it right away from there. But what do I know? It's just that they are showing pictures from the water side, and there are no boats shooting water from there.

My wife said the same thing. Reports are the roof collapsed and you now see smoke coming from windows. Horrible

• Jump to: