TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2779
March 12th, 2019 at 9:50:17 AM permalink
Quote: sabre

This is false. Harvard is cheaper than Boston University.



What is false?

Quote: EvenBob

Who paid for Crazy Eyes Cortez to get into
college,



Her parents.

Quote:

she's about as smart as an 8th grader.



So you only have to be as smart as an 8th grader to graduate from Boston University with honors? Interesting....
Last edited by: TigerWu on Mar 12, 2019
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
Joined: Dec 1, 2010
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 248
March 12th, 2019 at 10:15:11 AM permalink
It would not surprise me if the vast majority of those accused of paying a bribe for their child to be admitted to college were liberals/lefties.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 200
  • Posts: 3952
March 12th, 2019 at 10:24:33 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

It would not surprise me if the vast majority of those accused of paying a bribe for their child to be admitted to college were liberals/lefties.



Considering how much money was involved I would say its the opposite
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2779
March 12th, 2019 at 10:26:31 AM permalink
Nevada gaming executive indicted in bribery scandal.

Quote: Fleaswatter

It would not surprise me if the vast majority of those accused of paying a bribe for their child to be admitted to college were liberals/lefties.



That's impossible -- conservatives keep telling me that libs and lefties are jobless, mooching socialists. How can they afford to bribe ivy league schools??

EDIT: Felicity Huffman appears to be on the liberal side, but Lori Laughlin is apparently hardcore Christian, and everyone knows that liberals hate God so she's probably more conservative.

Also, here's an indictment for, and names of, twelve coaches involved in this scandal as well.

EDIT 2: Also, I would be very surprised if the aforementioned Wynn executive is a liberal.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 4249
March 12th, 2019 at 10:39:18 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

So you only have to be as smart as an 8th grader to graduate from Boston University with honors? Interesting....



That wouldn't shock me if we are talking about a Liberal Arts degree.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2779
March 12th, 2019 at 10:45:52 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

That wouldn't shock me if we are talking about a Liberal Arts degree.



All kidding aside, though, even for a Liberal Arts degree the gen-ed courses would be above an 8th grade level.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 9717
March 12th, 2019 at 10:50:21 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Considering how much money was involved I would say its the opposite



What does "how much money involved" have to do with it? Are you under the impression that rich = conservative?
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 417
  • Posts: 22299
March 12th, 2019 at 10:50:26 AM permalink
Rush put it this way today. The cost of
a college degree costs more now than
the value of having the degree.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 9717
March 12th, 2019 at 10:53:55 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Rush put it this way today. The cost of
a college degree costs more now than
the value of having the degree.



Except for STEM and medical that is spot on.

10 years out of school most degrees are meaningless. By then it is experience that counts.

If I was young today I would take a trade, probably welding.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 417
  • Posts: 22299
March 12th, 2019 at 10:58:54 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman



If I was young today I would take a trade, probably welding.



My uncle was a welder and he was
never out of work, always had a
high paying blue collar job.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

  • Jump to: