onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
January 24th, 2019 at 1:17:45 PM permalink
If you were told a couple had met in a weird and mysterious way, what would you be thinking? How do you think they had met?
They might have just said mysterious, I'm not sure, is that any different?

With your opinion, be sure to include 3 different ways you think they could have met.
I am a robot.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
January 24th, 2019 at 1:27:41 PM permalink
"Weird and mysterious," eh?

OK.

1) Pizza delivery boy meets beautiful Russian defector while delivering pie to CIA safe house

2) Mortician startled when seemingly dead woman arises off of autopsy table and asks if he's Jesus and is this heaven

3) Mafia hitman abruptly terminates the hit when notices intended victim is his doppelganger
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
January 24th, 2019 at 1:32:09 PM permalink
Arresting officer and his arrestee.
Only survivors of a plane crash.
Found out they were both dating the same person.
He had a flat tire on a rainy night and she stopped to help him fix it.
She was wasted when they met. The next morning, she realized he was hot and decided to keep him.
She was his guard at Gitmo.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
January 24th, 2019 at 3:15:12 PM permalink
Prisoner/warden's wife
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 24th, 2019 at 8:36:21 PM permalink
These replies are way too weird and mysterious with these examples for some of them.. I mean, you're not going to have these kinds of things likely in people we meet, and some of them are rare, but not weird to to the point a couple would be embarrassed about it. Or maybe not. Flip your pronouns yourself, I'm tired.
I am a robot.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 24th, 2019 at 9:31:01 PM permalink
So, semi-weird and mysterious.

Two people meet when their hands bump reaching for the same and only copy of an older book on the library shelf, try and out-polite each other, some intangible sparks fly, and they end up exchanging phone numbers so the one reading it first can make sure the second one gets it next. The next week, they meet by pre-arrangement at the circulation desk, change possession of the book, decide to have a coffee at the library cafe.

One mentions that they had been meaning to read it for years because the bestselling author had taught a writer's seminar they had attended, and the book was the one he was writing at the time, so the class had workshopped it. He wanted to see how it all turned out, and had been particularly interested by one of the female characters in the book. He'd seen in the news that the author had just passed away, and it reminded him he'd missed reading the book when it came out.

The other's jaw drops, because she is the daughter of the writer and the model for that character in the book. She wanted to read the book again to help her grieve and remember how her father cherished her. She had been angry and embarrassed at the time that her father had perceived, written, and published so much of her intimate thoughts and experiences that they became estranged over it for many years.

So somehow, years before, the guy was inspired by a girl he'd never met, whose father had written so insightfully about her he wished he knew her, still wondering after all that time. She is grieving and alone, and weirdly is at the library at the exact same time as a guy who already is half in love with her before he's met her. And her father, or providence, or whatever, has somehow arranged this chance for happiness, forgiveness, and atonement from beyond the grave, and across space and time. Karma, baby.

Or maybe that's not the sort of thing you're asking for?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
January 24th, 2019 at 9:48:51 PM permalink
The strangest way I have ever met someone with whom I would later engage in sexual congress is when I managed a hotel in Kansas City, circa early 2006. She and I never became a couple, we just had a one night stand and were casual friends afterwards.

Anyway, we met because hotels do, "Call-arounds," which is where they call competing hotels and ask for their rack rate and occupancy percentage. Some hotels do it while others do not, but it's a pretty common practice. Myself and the middle shift young lady at the hotel across the street would occasionally BS for 10-15 minutes if neither of us were busy.

One day, I believe she asked me if I wanted to hang out after work, but it may have been me asking her. Actually, I think she may have asked me just to come say hi at her hotel because I was done an hour before her that day, face to the name sort of thing. After that, as I recall, I asked her if she wanted to grab some food when she was done. I'm a little hazy on this as it was nearly 13 years ago.

We went to IHOP (not much else open at that time) and then we went to her and her brother's place and drank a few while partaking of some marijuana. I guess between going to IHOP and her place we drove around about an hour and walked through a graveyard at one point. That's actually one of the few times in my life I did marijuana, never enjoyed it. After we had drank and smoked, she informed me that she never has sex with someone who she is not dating more than once and does not think we would be compatible for dating purposes; she does, however, ask if I would be down with the two of us having sex. Drunk and high, I kind of needed to crash there anyway, (and it doesn't hurt that she is physically the hottest person I've ever slept with, just gorgeous, I have absolutely no idea to this day why she wanted to have sex with me, if I'm honest. She's one of only two people I've ever been with who I would consider, "Out of my league.") so I agreed.

Anyway, we had sex on that night and hung out a few times after that. Talked on the phone pretty regularly as well, at least, up until I moved.

Anyone else I have dated or have engaged in sexual congress otherwise are people that I met via fairly normal means.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 25th, 2019 at 11:23:24 AM permalink
I don't know, I guess weird and mysterious is weird and mysterious and pretty vague.
I am a robot.
billryan
billryan
January 25th, 2019 at 11:35:50 AM permalink
I met my future ex-wife at her wedding. Not very mysterious but certainly weird.
A friend met a stripper in Vegas for his bachelor party. He blew off his wedding and stayed there with her. A couple months later, he took her back to Long Island and she ran away with his Step-father.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
January 25th, 2019 at 12:27:36 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I met my future ex-wife at her wedding. Not very mysterious but certainly weird.
A friend met a stripper in Vegas for his bachelor party. He blew off his wedding and stayed there with her. A couple months later, he took her back to Long Island and she ran away with his Step-father.

Second story is pretty awful. Sounds like there was a lot of collateral damage.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan
January 25th, 2019 at 12:36:42 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Second story is pretty awful. Sounds like there was a lot of collateral damage.

Not really. He got sick of the stripper pretty soon and hated his step-father.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
January 25th, 2019 at 12:43:14 PM permalink

Not really. He got sick of the stripper pretty soon and hated his step-father.

I was thinking of the women (fiancé and mother), but m’kay.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan
January 25th, 2019 at 12:46:44 PM permalink
I suspect it worked out better for those two than anyone else involved. They were the ones making a terrible mistake.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 25th, 2019 at 12:47:09 PM permalink

You got me. That's a horrible ending except for the stripper and step-father.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: