15 votes (44.11%)
9 votes (26.47%)

34 members have voted

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 19th, 2011 at 12:54:32 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The trivia contest will have an emphasis on gambling, but I'll throw in some general knowledge questions as well.

Fair enough. But knowing the kinds of questions you like to throw around, I should concede right now ;) As I recall I was mostly stumped with the waitress questions at the Rampart.

Quote:

Yup, the train goes right by the MSS (Main Street Station). Thus its name, Main Street for the street it is on, and Station for at least looking like a train station and proximity to the former real train station.

Granted. But it's Vegas. I knew there were no real pyramids at the Luxor, or real canals at the Venetian.

Quote:

However, the tracks may be difficult to access, to keep hobos off the trains. The adventurous among us will at least try!

We could just toss or throw coins and bet as to who can land one on the tracks. Of course we won't be able to retrieve them for souvenirs.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1428
January 19th, 2011 at 12:57:47 PM permalink
For the physical challenge I will do something like a running race around the parking lot following by a climb to the top floor of the MSS hotel. I reserve the right to add other components as well.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 19th, 2011 at 4:10:55 PM permalink
>For the physical challenge ...
How about repetitive sets of elbow bending at the Triple-Seven Brew Pub?

He who retrieves the most flattened coins from the railroad tracks will determine whether the coins are wagered all at once or are subjected to a variety of hedging and other money-management techniques.

Who will contact MSS for the impression of special commemorative chips for the occasion? May I suggest the Flip Side of the commemorative banana cheques say "Double Up To Catch Up" in honor of Mr. Martingale.

Do they still have a piano upstairs at MSS? We will yank that Do Not Touch sign off the thing, stomp on it and then start playing gambling themed songs and drinking songs.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
January 19th, 2011 at 11:33:51 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

For the physical challenge I will do something like a running race around the parking lot following by a climb to the top floor of the MSS hotel. I reserve the right to add other components as well.

In that case I volunteer myself as official timekeeper. I will also document the event photographically and do a write up.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
February 3rd, 2011 at 6:50:33 AM permalink
Let's get this pushed back to a later date, as I'm tied up the entire month of June and would love to attend.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
February 3rd, 2011 at 7:14:07 AM permalink
Quote: JIMMYFOCKER

Let's get this pushed back to a later date, as I'm tied up the entire month of June and would love to attend.

I have to object to that - I'm already firmed up to be in Vegas for the original dates. Maybe WOVcon II can relatively closely follow WOVcon I?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
February 3rd, 2011 at 7:26:07 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I have to object to that - I'm already firmed up to be in Vegas for the original dates. Maybe WOVcon II can relatively closely follow WOVcon I?

Sounds like a novel idea.

Perhaps one in June and another in December.
Croupier
Croupier
February 21st, 2011 at 9:48:08 PM permalink
Quote: JIMMYFOCKER

Sounds like a novel idea.

Perhaps one in June and another in December.

Maybe WoVCon will become a twice yearly event. Has to me once a year, if that for me, living in the UK.

Would be nice to get over more.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 22nd, 2011 at 7:50:08 AM permalink
Quote: Croupier

Maybe WoVCon will become a twice yearly event. Has to me once a year, if that for me, living in the UK.

Would be nice to get over more.

Oh, wouldn't it just?

Right now I get 13 days vacation per year. Vacation days are counted as weekdays only, so this means I get 2 weeks and 3 days. Eventually I'll top out at three full weeks (15 days). Even so, about the only time I can take off work due to the schedules we work under is between April and August. That's too short a time frame for more than one trip :(

On the other hand lots of you have expressed interest in sea-side Mexican resort towns.... No real gambling there.... Let me think about it, I may be having an idea.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Croupier
Croupier
February 24th, 2011 at 8:30:51 PM permalink
Ok, I know Its early, but I thought it about time for a quick roll call. Stick in a quick post if you are attending, or if you are thinking of attending, or even if you are not as the poll seems to have stalled and I am curious as to the numbers after discussions in the WoVCon 1 - Whats going on? thread.

• Jump to: