15 votes (44.11%)
9 votes (26.47%)

34 members have voted

Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
January 9th, 2011 at 10:09:06 PM permalink
Quote: aahigh

That was my thread. I'd be Willing to go to Palace Station for such a conference if I were invited, but I would actually advise you guys to take a poll to see what others think about that location. That's definitely my least favorite place in terms of other people there and the general condition of the place itself. But if you have your own group of more than one adult male, those issues won't be much of an issue.

Half the problem is that being there with my wife (who is attractive in my opinion obviously), you are a target for anyone begging for money because they know it's often easier to cough up a buck than to risk not getting any that evening for being inconsiderate.

Everyones invited. The more the merrier. My wife will be tagging along too, so it might be something to consider. Ill throw out some locations in a seperate thread.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Croupier
Croupier
January 19th, 2011 at 1:07:43 AM permalink
Ok then, after the Location poll results, the Venue has been changed to Main Street Station.

Date: Wednesday June 15th 2011
Meeting Place: 777 Brew Pub.
Time: 2pm.

As long as this is agreeable for most people.

Quote: thecesspit

Ach well... I thought a nice Paris/Palms run and a group IQ test would make for a great set of events at your WoVCon. :)

AS this was posted in another thread, maybe some form of quiz could be arranged. As for the physical activity, maybe something could be done in the form of a small wager. Depends how drunk we are.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1423
January 19th, 2011 at 6:43:52 AM permalink
At the least I will have a trivia contest, as I did with the first WoV meetup.

The day before I plan to lead a scramble up Red Cap for anyone interested and in decent shape. I think I'll get a room at the MSS Wednesday evening and just hang around the MSS for a solid day.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
January 19th, 2011 at 6:53:27 AM permalink
Whats the MSS? If I go to the red cap scramble does anyone want to give me a ride from the strip?
StingMe
StingMe
  • Threads: 5
January 19th, 2011 at 7:23:59 AM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

Whats the MSS? If I go to the red cap scramble does anyone want to give me a ride from the strip?

MSS = Main Street Station
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 19th, 2011 at 7:45:50 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

At the least I will have a trivia contest, as I did with the first WoV meetup.

That would be nice. Any topics in particular or just general trivia?

Also, are there any railroad tracks nearby where we could test some quarters and some foreign currency? :P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
January 19th, 2011 at 10:19:00 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

...Also, are there any railroad tracks nearby where we could test some quarters and some foreign currency? :P

Any railroad tracks near the Main Street Station? Well, let's see ... it must be a good 20 or 30 foot trip from MSS to the nearest tracks. Now I don't know how much train traffic there is these days, but proximity of tracks shouldn't be the problem. Try GoogleMaps, go to StreetView at the corner of Ogden and Main Street, and face NNW -- you can see MSS on the right side and the Ogden tunnel under the tracks to the left.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1423
January 19th, 2011 at 12:04:11 PM permalink
The trivia contest will have an emphasis on gambling, but I'll throw in some general knowledge questions as well.

Yup, the train goes right by the MSS (Main Street Station). Thus its name, Main Street for the street it is on, and Station for at least looking like a train station and proximity to the former real train station. However, the tracks may be difficult to access, to keep hobos off the trains. The adventurous among us will at least try!
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 19th, 2011 at 12:06:27 PM permalink
Quote: Croupier

As for the physical activity, maybe something could be done in the form of a small wager. Depends how drunk we are.

:) Come on, you could call it Logan's Run ;)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Croupier
Croupier
January 19th, 2011 at 12:16:17 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

:) Come on, you could call it Logan's Run ;)

Damn. I really wish I would have thought of that!! :D

• Jump to: