billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 19th, 2017 at 7:07:40 AM permalink
A woman attends her mother's wake. While there she meets a man who she thinks would make a perfect partner, a soul mate even. Caught up in her mother's funeral, she never gets the chance to really spend much time with him, and afterwards no one seems to know who he was.
Two weeks later, she murders her sister. Why?
Spoilers please.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
October 19th, 2017 at 7:12:12 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

A woman attends her mother's wake. While there she meets a man who she thinks would make a perfect partner, a soul mate even. Caught up in her mother's funeral, she never gets the chance to really spend much time with him, and afterwards no one seems to know who he was.
Spoilers please.

She wanted to see the man again and she figured that if he turned up at her mum's wake, she might get to see him again at her sister's wake. She was a bit of a psychopath and logic overcame morality
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
October 19th, 2017 at 8:38:19 AM permalink
She reasoned that the Mystery Man that attended her mother's funeral would also attend her sister's, and she could meet Mystery Man again. Poor guy.

I had actually heard this one before (and did not know the answer). My friend who told it to me said afterwards it was a test that only a psychopath would get right (edit: no offense, OD!) since the reasoning used shows total disregard for all other human life. I didn't feel so bad not coming up with the answer.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 19th, 2017 at 8:51:11 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

She reasoned that the Mystery Man that attended her mother's funeral would also attend her sister's, and she could meet Mystery Man again. Poor guy.

I had actually heard this one before (and did not know the answer). My friend who told it to me said afterwards it was a test that only a psychopath would get right (edit: no offense, OD!) since the reasoning used shows total disregard for all other human life. I didn't feel so bad not coming up with the answer.

None taken. Actually, the mystery guy was a psychiatrist seeking out new patients and a life partner and he'd murdered the mother $:o)
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
October 19th, 2017 at 8:56:53 AM permalink
Am I the only one that notices he uses "wake" then "funeral" almost as though they're one in the same, even though they are not? Wake is before the funeral, potentially days before.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 19th, 2017 at 9:01:17 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Am I the only one that notices he uses "wake" then "funeral" almost as though they're one in the same, even though they are not? Wake is before the funeral, potentially days before.

Pah! Who ever scored at an actual funeral?
$:o)
Joeman
Joeman
October 19th, 2017 at 9:24:46 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

None taken. Actually, the mystery guy was a psychiatrist seeking out new patients and a life partner and he'd murdered the mother $:o)

The perfect couple!
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
October 19th, 2017 at 9:45:59 AM permalink

Because he was the mortician, and she figured the only way she could meet him again is at another wake.

Just don't go to the burger place next door - try the Italian place across the street instead.

OnceDear
OnceDear
October 19th, 2017 at 10:27:02 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Because he was the mortician, and she figured the only way she could meet him again is at another wake.

Just don't go to the burger place next door - try the Italian place across the street instead.

Close enough, except "afterwards no one seems to know who he was."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1489
October 19th, 2017 at 10:28:04 AM permalink
The mother was rich. This guy was a gold digger who cases wakes like this, looking for a single newly-rich heiress. He sister looked like the better mark, so he focused his efforts on her. They had a two-week relationship but it went sour. So he killed her, lest she warn her sister, planning to then focus his efforts on the living sister.

The main thing that gives me pause is the two weeks. It seems so specific.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 19th, 2017 at 10:30:01 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The mother was rich. This guy was a gold digger who cases wakes like this, looking for a single newly-rich heiress. He sister looked like the better mark, so he focused his efforts on her. They had a two-week relationship but it went sour. So he killed her, lest she warn her sister, planning to then focus his efforts on the living sister.

No Mike. "she murders her sister."
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
October 19th, 2017 at 2:18:57 PM permalink

She was framed.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1489
October 19th, 2017 at 4:22:05 PM permalink

D'oh!
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 19th, 2017 at 4:30:39 PM permalink

D'oh!

https://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/psychopathtest.asp
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
October 20th, 2017 at 4:19:16 AM permalink
Romes spilled the beans. At the wake, she gets something going with the dude, but only sees him again at the funeral, where she is subdued by decorum. Her sister, however, makes a move on him at the funeral and they become a pair, infuriating her.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
October 20th, 2017 at 4:24:07 AM permalink

D'oh!

https://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/psychopathtest.asp

that sucks, I feel this thread lacks propriety - shame on OP
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
October 20th, 2017 at 5:19:53 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

that sucks, I feel this thread lacks propriety - shame on OP

PS

you know, I sound like a real pantywaist there

I mean really! pulling something like this for your chuckles.

I'll just add for Mr. Bill Ryan that I am actually quite pissed. Not funny. I don't care if you didn't realize it was a BS thing. And I would finish with a real profane blast at you ... and I think I can say that's atypical ... but i do not want to get suspended during the NFL pool we have going.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 20th, 2017 at 6:48:35 AM permalink
Perhaps this one is more your speed.
What's black and white and red all over?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
October 20th, 2017 at 6:57:30 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Spoilers please.

Two weeks later, the woman is at her sister’s house. In the kitchen, she sees her sister’s cell phone and checks out the photos on it. She finds an old selfie – a selfie that her sister took in bed with their Mom and that wonderful man from the funeral. A ménage-a trois.

“So that’s how he knew my Mom,” she thought, “and why my sister denied knowing him.”

The pain. There is so much pain. She reachs for a kitchen knife. The knife rises, and then falls. Her sister is . . . gone. Her Mom, her sister . . . they must be avenged.

She takes the cell phone and the knife to her secret hiding place, beneath the basement stairs. She searchs the cell phone, and discovers the name of the mysterious man who has ruined her Mom, her sister, her dreams. His name is . . Bill Ryan.

“He thinks this is just a riddle. But I’ll show him. First, I need to get out of this spoiler box.”

She takes the knife and cuts through the edge of the spoiler box, and steps out into the post.

Gordonm888 is sitting in a chair at his computer, he never sees her coming. She thrusts up and twists. She slits him open. She chops up his little macaronis.

She takes her knife and cuts through the side of the post. She is now loose in the thread.

It is night. Bill Ryan is on the street. A woman-shaped shadow separates from a blacker patch of darkness. A flash of silver, a knife comes down. The street runs red with crimson.

She looks around the thread. OnceDear, Joeman, Romes, ThatDonGuy. Wizard. Ayecarumba, odiousgambit. They all must pay.

And after? “Well, the walls of this thread don’t look like they will survive the kiss of a knife. Perhaps I’ll wander the threads of this forum and see what I find.”

You thought this was a riddle. But she is coming for you.

The horror has begun.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 20th, 2017 at 7:08:30 AM permalink
My God. You overthought that. What are you ? A script writer 😀
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 20th, 2017 at 7:08:36 AM permalink
My God. You overthought that. What are you ? A script writer 😀
Joeman
Joeman
October 20th, 2017 at 7:24:27 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Gordonm888 is sitting in a chair at his computer, he never sees her coming.

I see that she goes after GordonM first. She's obviously been hired by Shufflemaster to shut him up! He's getting too close to the truth about Beast Mode!

"Well, the walls of this thread don't look like they will survive the kiss of a knife. Perhaps I'll wander the threads of this forum and see what I find."

she'll find her way into the Two Dice Puzzle thread. If she gets into that one, it won't be long til she turns the knife on herself!
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
October 20th, 2017 at 8:31:30 AM permalink

Pah! Who ever scored at an actual funeral?$:o)

Ummm ... they did:

Harold and Maude
"What, me worry?"
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 20th, 2017 at 8:35:00 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Ummm ... they did:

Harold and Maude

Oh yes. I remember watching that film many years ago. Creepy.
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 20th, 2017 at 8:37:02 AM permalink

she'll find her way into the Two Dice Puzzle thread. If she gets into that one, it won't be long til she turns the knife on herself!

Joeman, I'm going to have to kill you and then myself.
It took years of therapy to get that thread out of my head and you just resurrected the nightmare. $;o)
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
October 20th, 2017 at 9:36:25 AM permalink

Gordonm888 is sitting in a chair at his computer, he never sees her coming.

I see that she goes after GordonM first. She's obviously been hired by Shufflemaster to shut him up! He's getting too close to the truth about Beast Mode!

"Well, the walls of this thread don't look like they will survive the kiss of a knife. Perhaps I'll wander the threads of this forum and see what I find."

LOL, great fun. And creative use of spoilers.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
  • Jump to: