2 votes (66.66%)
1 vote (33.33%)
No votes (0%)

3 members have voted

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 13th, 2016 at 2:16:32 PM permalink
With the remake of Westworld coming soon, I thought I would play a practical joke on my grandkids and their friends that I played on my kids when they were young.

You should try this, it's loads of fun.

Basically, you tell them the next amusement park the family is going to is Westworld and you want them to watch a travelogue/programme that discusses and shows the experience. Kids (age 4-12) eat it up. They all start dreaming about the clothes they will pick. The little girls all start dreaming about playing the role of princess and the boys start asking questions about shooting people, etc.

When people start dying you tell them this is just explaining what to do in case of malfunction like the stewardess does before takeoff in a plane.

I find they still don't recognize it's a joke. The girls usually say they are too scared to go anymore and the boys rationalize why its okay because they still want to shoot and fight people. (One ten year old rationalized that the park has fixed any malfunctions by now)

To sell the illusion, you can talk about a recent amusement park disaster like the one recently with the water slide and how all amusement parks have accidents sometimes.

After the movie, you spill the beans that it is all make believe, Westworld doesn't exist and it was all a practical joke. The look on the kids faces is priceless.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 13th, 2016 at 4:18:33 PM permalink
Yep playing with the psyche of a kid sounds like loads of fun. Next you should take a bunch of candy and ask them if they want to eat it and then put it in the garbage disposal.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 13th, 2016 at 4:35:06 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Yep playing with the psyche of a kid sounds like loads of fun. Next you should take a bunch of candy and ask them if they want to eat it and then put it in the garbage disposal.

I would never do that. I would ask them if they want to eat it and then eat it myself.

Why waste good candy?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 13th, 2016 at 4:48:35 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I would never do that. I would ask them if they want to eat it and then eat it myself.

Why waste good candy?

Haha touche
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 13th, 2016 at 6:07:01 PM permalink
Instead of leaving money for a tooth under a pillow, add a second tooth. A much larger canine pointy one.

Then remind them about something living under the bed.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: