Alexander
Alexander
  • Threads: 2
December 22nd, 2015 at 3:11:15 PM permalink
Hi, I am a newbie here, but I have to say that From ISIS killing innocent people just having fun at a concert in Paris to people stabbing and shooting people just for fun, this world is seriously doomed and I really do weep for the world. This world really is filled with sick people! Makes me both angry and sick to my stomach!
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 22nd, 2015 at 3:14:55 PM permalink
You're new but decided to make a thread about this on a gambling site?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 22nd, 2015 at 3:24:02 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

+1
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 22nd, 2015 at 3:27:17 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Life is a gamble
With that said I wrote this post
Not a bad haiku
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
December 22nd, 2015 at 3:46:14 PM permalink
Welcome Alexander- do you have any friends with a name that starts with a k and ends with a y and rhymes with entry?
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
waasnoday
waasnoday
  • Threads: 3
December 22nd, 2015 at 3:46:54 PM permalink
Well this stuff has been happening throughout history and I doubt it will change within any of our life times. Terrorism is not new and neither are thrill murders. These type of people and situations have always been present in human history. You would think we would learn from our past mistakes but like a child we have a long ways to go before growing up.

Do have to say this is a rather odd first post but it created a neat little haiku.
waasnoday
waasnoday
December 22nd, 2015 at 3:52:41 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Welcome Alexander- do you have any friends with a name that starts with a k and ends with a y and rhymes with entry?

hehehe, do have to wonder.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
December 22nd, 2015 at 3:56:44 PM permalink
Quote: Alexander

Hi, I am a newbie here, but I have to say that From ISIS killing innocent people just having fun at a concert in Paris to people stabbing and shooting people just for fun, this world is seriously doomed and I really do weep for the world. This world really is filled with sick people! Makes me both angry and sick to my stomach!

What about GLOBAL WARMING?

It's the cause of all the things you mentioned. At least that's what the liberals say.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
December 22nd, 2015 at 4:02:30 PM permalink

You know, I often feel the same way BUT.....when thinking about it, the world was previously much more violent, lacking in justice, primitive, lacking in convenience, I believe it is just modern perspective. Remember, world-wide communications is so expansive and powerful we instantly know of any and all tragedies the world over in High-res CNN and Fox news.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
December 22nd, 2015 at 4:08:41 PM permalink
Dan can I pm you?
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 22nd, 2015 at 9:27:31 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Kendry Flores sort of comes close.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 22nd, 2015 at 10:47:47 PM permalink

Exactly.

Nothing for it but to liquidate your life savings, travel to Las Vegas and bet it all on red.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 23rd, 2015 at 12:08:41 AM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

I believe it is just modern perspective. Remember, world-wide communications is so expansive and powerful we instantly know of any and all tragedies the world over in High-res CNN and Fox news.

Exactly. In the late 50's, the nightly network
news was 15min long. 15 min! Now the
cable networks are 24/7, every time the
slightest thing happens, we hear about it
immediately.

Imagine this kind of coverage at any time
in history. It would be insane, the world
was a much more violent place than it is
now. We're just the victims of knowing
the business of the entire world all at once.
And it will only get worse.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Alexander
Alexander
December 23rd, 2015 at 3:12:45 PM permalink
I was thinking of starting a gambling related topic, but I was so pissed off at the crap that is going on in this world that I had to get it off of my chest. Now, I will start a gambling related topic.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 23rd, 2015 at 3:20:21 PM permalink

I was thinking of starting a gambling related topic, but I was so pissed off at the crap that is going on in this world that I had to get it off of my chest. Now, I will start a gambling related topic.

About what, Russian roulette?

That integrates violence with gambling.
"What, me worry?"
Alexander
Alexander
December 23rd, 2015 at 3:24:10 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

No, about Video Poker.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 23rd, 2015 at 4:50:07 PM permalink

The chances are 1/6, same as craps
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
December 23rd, 2015 at 7:50:13 PM permalink
Personally, I stopped watching the news a few years ago, and my life has been much better since. If you look at the numbers crime is down virtually across the board, yet most people don't feel the world is safer than it was while they were kids. When I was growing up in suburban Chicago, they would be pushing 1,000 homicides per year, sometimes over in that town, now it is under 500 for crying out loud. Traffic deaths are down. The world is much safer than it was 20-30-40-50 years ago its just people can't think of their parents or grandparents as anything but fuddy duddies and don't realize that they probably had it rougher than we did
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
December 24th, 2015 at 12:00:51 AM permalink

You'll always walk away a winner.
  • Jump to: