MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 21st, 2015 at 5:36:44 PM permalink
UFC's wonder woman, Ronda Rousey, is the main event on a UFC card at MGM January second.

She's arrived.

Ronda cuts through opponents like a buzz saw through soft pine.

I wonder though: Real Deal, or Flash in the Pan / fifteen minutes of fame?

"What, me worry?"
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
August 21st, 2015 at 5:44:50 PM permalink
The real question is would you hit it?
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
August 21st, 2015 at 5:45:06 PM permalink
Btw I wouldn't
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
August 21st, 2015 at 5:47:12 PM permalink
Real deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more like her on their way up the ranks, or at least thinking about getting into UFC.

Speaking of UFC flashes in the pan, Brock Lesnar will be wrestling at SummerSlam on Sunday. (At least, that's the plan - there's a reason Undertaker normally only wrestles once a year.)
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 21st, 2015 at 6:41:46 PM permalink
Why does she always look so angry. I would prefer to see her all girly then whoop some ass. That would be hot.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MrV
MrV
August 21st, 2015 at 11:43:18 PM permalink
I just watched some youtube videos of her fighting in the octagon.

Ronda's got real talent.

I'd like to watch her fight in the MGM Grand Arena.

She's gone three rounds once before, but she's beaten all her other opponents in the first round.

One tough lady, with judo skills: I consider her the Laila Ali of the woman's MMA world.

Then again, hers is a very, very small world.

You go, girl!
"What, me worry?"
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
August 22nd, 2015 at 4:53:54 PM permalink
Ronda has a big chip on her shoulder, and that makes her a very dangerous fighter.
Absolutely she is the real deal. I have watched a couple of specials on her, and her life and history makes quite a story. And the way she fought her way (pun not intended) into the UFC showed how special she is. Dana White was on record saying no woman would ever fight in the UFC, and within a year Rousey was on the card. White realized there was no way he could be a business man and say no.

I like watching Ali fight, but it was reported she said she could take Rousey, and if it was true, that was a pretty stupid thing to say. Rousey would destroy her.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
MrV
MrV
August 22nd, 2015 at 6:03:32 PM permalink
We'll never know, as Laila retired.

She certainly is bigger than Ronda, both height and weight, and she'd pummle her if the fight were limited to striking.

It isn't, of course: Laila'd be defeated in short order once they hit the canvas, probably with that wicked arm bar.

One area of possible vulnerability with Ronda is her conditioning, her ability to go the distance.

In the one fight that went three rounds she was exhausted, whereas her opponent seemed fresher.
"What, me worry?"
  • Jump to: