newshooter
newshooter
  • Threads: 5
February 16th, 2015 at 6:03:32 AM permalink
I understand that this is not a travel website, but I was hoping to benefit from the knowledge of all the locals that use this site. I am on a family reunion planning committee; we're planning a large reunion in Vegas, mid-summer this year. It's a three-day event, with the welcome reception on a Friday, the main event on a Saturday, and a farewell brunch on Sunday morning. Our chosen location for accommodations is immediately east of the golf course, which is east of the Wynn Hotel - Embassy Suites. I'm trying to do this from close to 1000 miles away, so I would welcome any input locals might have. The main reunion event location has been selected. What is still up in the air is a venue for the welcome reception and the farewell brunch. So...

1. Would anyone have any recommendations of where we might hold the welcome reception? Four hours in the afternoon, informal, come-and-go. Would like to have an open area where max 50 people at any one time can meet and greet. Bring our own drinks and snacks would be great.

2. We've decided the best thing to do for the farewell brunch on Sunday would be to select a hotel buffet close by, with the capacity to seat 75 - 100 together or in same space, and everyone pays for their own individual family. Any suggestions on buffets in the area that would be good choices for this?

Any help would be appreciated and thank you, in advance, for your time!
  • Jump to: