terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 20th, 2015 at 4:00:43 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

As Spock (the fictional science officer) used to say as he would raise one eyebrow, "Fascinating."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/20/world/europe/fox-news-becomes-unwilling-star-of-french-tv-show.html?_r=0

Great link.
Love this quote from the link.
"On Saturday, Fox News apologized four times on the air for its reports about the no-go zones, acknowledging that there was no reason to believe that they existed. It called the reports an “error” and apologized to “any and all,” including “the people of France.”"

ROTFL
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 20th, 2015 at 4:37:53 AM permalink
All such "No Go" zones are de facto not de jure. No one ever maps off a police patrol area or something. Its usually just a hesitancy to patrol at night then a hesitancy to patrol at all. Or there are some muslim thugs who try to accost drunks and drug addicts in the vicinity of a mosque.

There are no formal declarations of a no go zone but the term is often used to describe certain areas.
terapined
terapined
January 20th, 2015 at 4:54:45 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

All such "No Go" zones are de facto not de jure. No one ever maps off a police patrol area or something. Its usually just a hesitancy to patrol at night then a hesitancy to patrol at all. Or there are some muslim thugs who try to accost drunks and drug addicts in the vicinity of a mosque.

There are no formal declarations of a no go zone but the term is often used to describe certain areas.

SE Washington DC, sure its dangerous but it has never ever been referred to as a no go zone
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
January 20th, 2015 at 5:17:53 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

No, if that is the case. But the only evidence I can find googling what you said was the infowars article with the exact same headline.

Yeah. You're right. We need another source.

"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 20th, 2015 at 6:29:25 AM permalink
If any of you have been watching, for the past several days Fox News has been saturated with coverage of the movie American Sniper. I'm a big FNC fan. I watch other news outlets but not as much as FNC. I know all the players. Bill O'Reilly is my favorite TV personality. But I don't like being played. If I think they are playing me I'm going to call them on it. And they are definitely playing me on this Kyle/Ventura thing. And I'm like the widow Joan Crawford told the Coke execs "don't f--- with me, fellas!"
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 20th, 2015 at 7:57:07 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

SE Washington DC, sure its dangerous but it has never ever been referred to as a no go zone

Sure. Throngs of millennials just strolling along the boulevards and enjoying the dining and entertainment ambiance every night from 10 p.m. or so until the wee hours. All with an unmatchable and reassuring police presence.
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
January 20th, 2015 at 8:10:20 AM permalink

Oh please. There was a time (Dinkins time) when everything over 96th St. in Manhattan was a no go zone for white people and Asians because the po' innocent blacks killed everyone stupid enough to go there on foot.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 20th, 2015 at 9:17:58 AM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

If any of you have been watching, for the past several days Fox News has been saturated with coverage of the movie American Sniper. I'm a big FNC fan. I watch other news outlets but not as much as FNC. I know all the players. Bill O'Reilly is my favorite TV personality. But I don't like being played. If I think they are playing me I'm going to call them on it. And they are definitely playing me on this Kyle/Ventura thing. And I'm like the widow Joan Crawford told the Coke execs "don't f--- with me, fellas!"

She had two husbands?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 20th, 2015 at 10:31:03 AM permalink
Did anyone seriously believe that NK was able to hack Sony undetected by our very own NNsa?

Then our "dear leader" swears retaliation, OMG dear leader is going to show them who's boss.

So its stuff like this that really get's my goat about the msm. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-19/u-s-spies-tapped-north-korean-computers-prior-to-sony-attack.html

So more of the truth is revealed. The Norks didn't really slip past or security, but we wanted them to think they did do sowe could, well do what we do.

In the linked article there is this "President Barack Obama’s administration blamed the North Korean government and vowed retaliation."

But the part that gets me is this part "it said was a response to the attack on Sony, which has touched off a debate about the role of the U.S. government in protecting private companies." So now it is protecting private company's eh? The first time I heard it, it was protecting American company's, until someone pointed out that Sony is not American but a Japanese company. So now the full force of the American empire is engaging to defend Japanese company's for a cyber attack, which our security dept watched in real time and at any given time could have interrupted. This is what I refer to as "spin". It fills the airwaves with blather and sells commercials and all the sheeple are in a dither about the Nork's attacking. But the problem is, none of it is real.

Ok, here's another one. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-20/us-militarys-stunning-conspiracy-theory-emerges-archives-isis-leader-does-not-exist#comments In order to put "a face on terror" this guy was "drummed" up. Instead of fighting an invisible enemy it was determined [according to Brig, General Bergner] preferable to give the public "someone" to hate versus "something" to hate in the global "war on terror".

So, this is a couple examples of how I "feel" about the msm. The public is conditioned to have a Pavlovian response [conspiracy theory] to any news that is just too uncomfortable or doesn't fit tptb's desired herd direction. May the yokes rest lightly on your shoulders.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 20th, 2015 at 10:42:17 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

There was a time (Dinkins time) when everything over 96th St. in Manhattan was a no go zone for white people and Asians.

Also the era when the top advisor on minority affairs in today's White House called non-blacks along 125th Street interlopers and incited his minions to arson and physical violence.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 20th, 2015 at 11:22:58 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

She had two husbands?

According to wike she replaced her late husband, Alfred Steele, on the board of directors of Pepsi when he died in 1959.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 20th, 2015 at 12:02:00 PM permalink
Jesse Ventura is not through with Harper-Collins. He's got them by the. short hairs. Google "American Liar."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 20th, 2015 at 12:08:36 PM permalink

Quote: AZDuffman

She had two husbands?

According to wike she replaced her late husband, Alfred Steele, on the board of directors of Pepsi when he died in 1959.

Yes, I knew that for years. Why would she be talking to Coke execs then? I'm having fun with a scrivener error in your post. My day is about looking at deeds and cars for sale online, I need an outlet.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 20th, 2015 at 12:13:35 PM permalink
I saw the movie Mommie Dearest years ago. I just remembered it wrong. It was Pepsi instead of Coke.
terapined
terapined
January 20th, 2015 at 1:07:35 PM permalink
Uh Oh,
Fox News not viewed as "fair and balanced" by the French.
Whats worse for fox then being ridiculed by the French.
Maybe being ridiculed by Charlie Hebdo.
Cant wait for the next issue LOL

"Charlie Hebdo: Paris mayor to sue Fox over 'prejudiced' reports about 'Muslim-controlled' areas of city "

"A French news satire show lampooned Fox by dressing two cast members as reporters and sending them into the "Muslim-controlled areas"."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/charlie-hebdo-paris-mayor-sue-5011477

Thanks for the laughs Fox news and Charlie Hebdo.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
January 20th, 2015 at 10:49:45 PM permalink
Vice London's Holy Turf War

"We believe in the Law of of Sharia not the Laws of man"

"You cannot dress like that in Muslim areas"

"the evil of man made law"

Britain first are looked at as a bigot group, and they maybe are. But, they are essentially a social response to their neighborhoods getting overrun.
terapined
terapined
January 21st, 2015 at 4:17:15 AM permalink

Britain first are looked at as a bigot group, and they maybe are. But, they are essentially a social response to their neighborhoods getting overrun.

How about something from the BBC.
Vice News?????? LOL
How about a Foxnews video.
After being ridiculed in Europe, if they do another no go zone story, it will be well vetted.

This from Fox News
"A correction now: Over the course of this last week we have made some regrettable errors on air regarding the Muslim population in Europe, particularly with regard to England and France. Now, this applies especially to discussions of so-called ‘no-go zones,’ areas where non-Muslims allegedly aren’t allowed in and police supposedly won’t go. To be clear, there is no formal designation of these zones in either country and no credible information to support the assertion there are specific areas in these countries that exclude individuals based solely on their religion. There are certainly areas of high crime in Europe as there are in the United States and other countries — where police and visitors enter with caution. We deeply regret the errors and apologize to any and all who may have taken offense, including the people of France and England"

So now your argument is to not believe Fox News now? LOL
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 21st, 2015 at 4:44:20 AM permalink

Uh Oh,
Fox News not viewed as "fair and balanced" by the French.
Whats worse for fox then being ridiculed by the French.
Maybe being ridiculed by Charlie Hebdo.
Cant wait for the next issue LOL

"Charlie Hebdo: Paris mayor to sue Fox over 'prejudiced' reports about 'Muslim-controlled' areas of city "

"A French news satire show lampooned Fox by dressing two cast members as reporters and sending them into the "Muslim-controlled areas"."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/charlie-hebdo-paris-mayor-sue-5011477

Thanks for the laughs Fox news and Charlie Hebdo.

With the Ventura affair its all about money. Fox News and Harper-Collins owner Rupert Murdoch made millions from the book, now he is making millions in royalties from the movie. FNC has been saturated with coverage of the movie for a few weeks now. Its all about publicity. hence profits. But B
Ventura is going to rip Murdoch a new assh--- in his second lawsuit. Go Jesse!
Gandler
Gandler
January 21st, 2015 at 5:26:02 AM permalink

Vice News?????? LOL
After being ridiculed in Europe, if they do another no go zone story, it will be well vetted.

This from Fox News
"A correction now: Over the course of this last week we have made some regrettable errors on air regarding the Muslim population in Europe, particularly with regard to England and France. Now, this applies especially to discussions of so-called ‘no-go zones,’ areas where non-Muslims allegedly aren’t allowed in and police supposedly won’t go. To be clear, there is no formal designation of these zones in either country and no credible information to support the assertion there are specific areas in these countries that exclude individuals based solely on their religion. There are certainly areas of high crime in Europe as there are in the United States and other countries — where police and visitors enter with caution. We deeply regret the errors and apologize to any and all who may have taken offense, including the people of France and England"

My post did not make a single mention of Fox News. Nor have I mentioned Fox news once in this thread (or ever as far as I can remember on this board).

I am more interested in the issue as a whole rather than who covers it. Vice I like because they actually go on the ground and show actual footage of the people and the actions.

But there are areas in Europe with large Muslim populations. And they do have Muslim patrols who will harass prostitutes (as the Vice documentary I posted shows). And that is England. France is even worse.
terapined
terapined
January 21st, 2015 at 5:52:48 AM permalink

Vice News?????? LOL

This from Fox News

My post did not make a single mention of Fox News. Nor have I mentioned Fox news once in this thread (or ever as far as I can remember on this board).

I am more interested in the issue as a whole rather than who covers it. Vice I like because they actually go on the ground and show actual footage of the people and the actions.

But there are areas in Europe with large Muslim populations. And they do have Muslim patrols who will harass prostitutes (as the Vice documentary I posted shows). And that is England. France is even worse.

Never heard of Vice news.
How do I know they dont stage stuff like every reality TV show out there?
Staged scenes means more viewers. They have every incentive to stage. It about the number of viewers, not the truth.

The point I am trying to make about Fox news is if the no go zone story was true, fox would double down to prove it.
Instead they put out an apology.
Fox hates to apologise, makes them look dumb.
But they had no choice because the story was obviously false.
Gandler
Gandler
January 21st, 2015 at 6:08:51 AM permalink

Vice News?????? LOL

This from Fox News

Never heard of Vice news.
How do I know they dont stage stuff like every reality TV show out there?
Staged scenes means more viewers. They have every incentive to stage. It about the number of viewers, not the truth.

The point I am trying to make about Fox news is if the no go zone story was true, fox would double down to prove it.
Fox hates to apologise, makes them look dumb.
But they had no choice because the story was obviously false.

They are an HBO news show that specializes in producing longerish documentary type stories. They do very good work. They are very liberal, but I love them because they go out in the field and actually love with and follow the people they are covering, everything from ISIS to South American tribes. Very high quality stories that shows first hand perspectives.

https://news.vice.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/vicenews

you can watch and read a most of their stuff for free on their site (or on their youtube channel) even if you don't have HBO. If you like modern news documentaries check them out.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 21st, 2015 at 7:25:43 AM permalink

Never heard of Vice news. How do I know they dont stage stuff like every reality TV show out there?

"Never heard of" it, but in the same breath condemning it. And clearly not interested in finding out anything more than the cited coverage all the while impugning their motives.

It was not an FNC report, as has been posted here. It was an interview with a well-known outsider who has followed and written extesnively about the subject for more than two decades. A writer whose work has been critical in convicting terrorists right here in the U.S.

terapined
terapined
January 21st, 2015 at 7:44:39 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

It was not an FNC report, as has been posted here. It was an interview with a well-known outsider who has followed and written extesnively about the subject for more than two decades. A writer whose work has been critical in convicting terrorists right here in the U.S

Why did Fox apologise or put out a correction ????????
How come Fox didn't double down like you are??????
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 21st, 2015 at 9:03:21 AM permalink

s. Very high quality stories that shows first hand perspectives.

https://news.vice.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/vicenews

you can watch and read a most of their stuff for free on their site (or on their youtube channel) even if you don't have HBO. If you like modern news documentaries check them out.

I peeked at a link. Those look interesting. Good find, Gandler.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 21st, 2015 at 9:57:10 AM permalink

There is no "doubling down." Except to point out the repetition of an earlier mistake that was acknowledged in due course. Any halfway decent news operation issues corrections when they see fit. Check how many The New York Times runs daily. And the upfront operations make clear whether the problem arose from inside or outside the organization, an insight that frequently proves valuable when evaluating the credibility of news sources and how they are managed.
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 21st, 2015 at 10:09:19 AM permalink

The news is "dumbed down" so more people can understand it. http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/feds-collaborate-wikipedia-editors-improve-wikipedia-entries-related-government-publications_794261.html

From the article; "In May, the Office of the Federal Register (OFR), part of the National Archives, hosted an "editathon" to "focus on improving Wikipedia entries related to government publications"
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 21st, 2015 at 10:33:35 AM permalink
More than 3 decades ago, the CIA owned all the media in the land of the free:

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." -- William Colby, former CIA Director, cited by Dave Mcgowan, Derailing Democracy

"You could get a journalist cheaper than a good call girl, for a couple hundred dollars a month." - CIA operative discussing with Philip Graham, editor Washington Post

[quoted from just observing @zh]

Media is the 4th branch of government,
bobsims
bobsims
January 21st, 2015 at 11:26:58 AM permalink

You're the one who keeps doubling down-and you just crapped out.
Here's a BBC report titled "Living in Britain's no-go zones"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4007409.stm

Any more questions?
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
January 21st, 2015 at 12:19:25 PM permalink

Here's a BBC report titled "Living in Britain's no-go zones"

Any more questions?

Once again, the people in a democratic society got exactly the kind of government they deserved.

The Labour Party sent out search parties in order to get third world immigrants to come to the UK.

They wanted to 'rub the noses of the Right in diversity'.

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 21st, 2015 at 12:23:35 PM permalink
I love reading the FoxNews haters. They want
Fox to go away so badly because they keep
turning on the light and watching the roaches
scatter. No major news network has ever done
that before, that's why Fox will continue to number
one.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
terapined
terapined
January 21st, 2015 at 1:49:05 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I love reading the FoxNews haters. They want
Fox to go away so badly because they keep
turning on the light and watching the roaches
scatter. No major news network has ever done
that before, that's why Fox will continue to number
one.

I love Fox News.
John Stewart would have no funny material without Fox :-)
Fox keeps us laughing
Go Fox
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 21st, 2015 at 1:54:29 PM permalink

Fox keeps us laughing

And informed like no other news channel.
Go Fox indeed. I have it on right now,
The Five starts in a few min.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Twirdman
Twirdman
January 21st, 2015 at 2:29:43 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

And informed like no other news channel.
Go Fox indeed. I have it on right now,
The Five starts in a few min.

If informed like no other channel you mean literally less informed then nothing sure http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5 .
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 21st, 2015 at 8:41:28 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

If informed like no other channel you mean literally less informed then nothing sure http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5 .

Not much of anything approaching what presents itself as an academic study. It doesn't even list the measly nine questions that it posed so that they can be objectively evaluated and merely hints that the domestic side focused on the minimal public interest in Republican primary jockeying in 2012. The cowardly 11-page study discredits itself.
Twirdman
Twirdman
January 21st, 2015 at 8:52:45 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Not much of anything approaching what presents itself as an academic study. It doesn't even list the measly nine questions that it posed so that they can be objectively evaluated and merely hints that the domestic side focused on the minimal public interest in Republican primary jockeying in 2012. The cowardly 11-page study discredits itself.

What are you talking about he questions are listed exactly as asked on page 9-11. http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/ . It also clearly lays out its methodology and all of these things are presented exactly where they would be for a normal study. Given you couldn't find the questions that were asked even though it is formatted basically the same as every social science study I have ever seen, admittedly not a very large number since I am in the hard sciences, I question your ability to judge it as a faulty study not having any academic rigor. Though I could be wrong other then your false assertion what other problems do you claim it to have.
bobsims
bobsims
January 22nd, 2015 at 9:37:36 AM permalink

I love Fox News.
John Stewart would have no funny material without Fox :-)
Fox keeps us laughing
Go Fox

Still choking on the BBC story entitled "Living in Britain's no-go zones "?
Keep choking, you're my bitch now.

terapined
terapined
January 22nd, 2015 at 9:46:05 AM permalink

Keep choking, you're my bitch now.

Chill out dude,
shouldn't use the b word.
Twirdman
Twirdman
January 22nd, 2015 at 10:25:26 AM permalink

OK read that article and it is not at all what Fox is calling a no go zone. For one there is no mention of it being exclusively Muslim it mentions how it is 1/3 Bangladeshi and 1/2 amongst under 16 and Bangladesh is majority Muslim but again these immigrants are less then 50%. Also the problem isn't the spread of Sharia law given there is rampant prostitution and heroin use. In fact this is the borough he mentioned http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Borough_of_Tower_Hamlets#Religion you'll notice under demographics a 34.5% Muslim population they do outnumber the 27.1% Christians but hardly the no Muslims dare go place that it is being presented as.

The place is an incredibly high crime area which is exactly what was brought up earlier in the thread. To call them no go areas though is stupid since they aren't significantly different then Camden, areas of Baton Rouge, or plenty of other high crime areas in the US.
Gandler
Gandler
January 25th, 2015 at 12:19:09 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Once again, the people in a democratic society got exactly the kind of government they deserved.

The Labour Party sent out search parties in order to get third world immigrants to come to the UK.

UK is such a mess. It should be a warning to America what will happen if we do not aggressively secure our borders. Legal immigration can be problematic enough, if we don't eliminate illegal immigrants, America will go haywire.

"Multiculturalism" sounds well and good, until there is no culture left.

Paul Watson is awesome by the way. We need more people like him in America. In a few more years, maybe decades, when it gets really bad, people will start waking up like they are in England now. It is a shame people don't see the problem until its already too late.

No go zones whether real or imaginary are a product of mass immigration. When one ethnic groups secures a community and sets their own rules, and enforces them via street patrols.

People are so eager to laugh at Fox news. But so unwilling to laugh at the absurd rules some of these religious groups practice...
Twirdman
Twirdman
January 25th, 2015 at 1:06:53 PM permalink

No go zones whether real or imaginary are a product of mass immigration. When one ethnic groups secures a community and sets their own rules, and enforces them via street patrols.

People are so eager to laugh at Fox news. But so unwilling to laugh at the absurd rules some of these religious groups practice...

Are you insane? No go zones even though they don't exist in the way they are portrayed is still proof that you are right. The fact that they are fictional still makes you right because someone imagined them to be true? If that's what we are going with I really thing we need the state department to look into wizards since after all it doesn't matter whether it is real or imaginary only that it might be true and could cause harm much like someone like Voldemort having magic. Or even worse the Sith I mean guy like Vader could force choke the president during SotU hope the Secret Service is on it.

Also I love how no matter how many times anti-immigrant people are proven wrong by history they still know the next wave of immigrants will ruin the country. I mean there were waves of Vietnamese and Hmong immigrants shortly after Vietnam and no decay of civilization. Before that there were Fillipino and Chinese immigration and again here we stand and Filipinos are now the third highest earning group in the US. Before then there was the wave of Irish and pretty sure we are still going strong over a hundred plus years after they were going to destroy the country. I'm sure you're right though and this wave of immigrants is the one that will ultimately spell our downfall.
terapined
terapined
January 25th, 2015 at 1:32:54 PM permalink

Are you insane? No go zones even though they don't exist in the way they are portrayed is still proof that you are right. The fact that they are fictional still makes you right because someone imagined them to be true? If that's what we are going with I really thing we need the state department to look into wizards since after all it doesn't matter whether it is real or imaginary only that it might be true and could cause harm much like someone like Voldemort having magic. Or even worse the Sith I mean guy like Vader could force choke the president during SotU hope the Secret Service is on it.

Also I love how no matter how many times anti-immigrant people are proven wrong by history they still know the next wave of immigrants will ruin the country. I mean there were waves of Vietnamese and Hmong immigrants shortly after Vietnam and no decay of civilization. Before that there were Fillipino and Chinese immigration and again here we stand and Filipinos are now the third highest earning group in the US. Before then there was the wave of Irish and pretty sure we are still going strong over a hundred plus years after they were going to destroy the country. I'm sure you're right though and this wave of immigrants is the one that will ultimately spell our downfall.

Great post.
How soon we forget.
At one time, the Irish immigration due to the potato famine, was looked upon as ruining the country.
A lot of hate and prejudice against the Irish back then.
Twirdman
Twirdman
January 25th, 2015 at 1:42:22 PM permalink

Great post.
How soon we forget.
At one time, the Irish immigration due to the potato famine, was looked upon as ruining the country.
A lot of hate and prejudice against the Irish back then.

Yeah the Irish hate was arguably some of the worse and it was argued they would never assimilate, lots of talk about crime and drunkeness, among many other problems and yet Irish are now fully integrated in society and people don't view Irish neighbor hoods as seedy anymore yet they were when the Irish immigration started. The same to varying extents for all the immigrant groups I mentioned and yet they all eventually assimilated and are contributing members of society this is even though when they originally came over they congregated in racially segregated areas.

People who talk about how this wave or that wave of immigrants is going to destroy the country are one of 3 things racist bigots who think non-whites not being in the majority is the destruction of mankind, shams trying to stir up things, or people ignorant of history.
Tanko
Tanko
January 25th, 2015 at 2:05:01 PM permalink

American gets ass kicked for drinking beer in imaginary 'No Go' zone.

Twirdman
Twirdman
January 25th, 2015 at 2:32:14 PM permalink

American gets ass kicked for drinking beer in imaginary 'No Go' zone.

First the description is wrong as the police have done things about this and members of the Sharia patrol have been arrested so not an area non Muslims dare not go that gets the approval of the state like things have tried to make us believe. Second 5 guys who are Muslim patrolling an area and attacking people while a horrible crime deserving of punishment does not show the area is a no go zone anymore then Christians attacking gays shows that area X is run by Christian law and is a no go area.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
January 25th, 2015 at 2:52:24 PM permalink
Taking the "more speech is better" approach, one thing I'd like to see video sites do instead of any idea of removing violent or recruitment videos that are there to radicalize people in other countries, is to intersplice them with counter messages right smack dab, and sometimes randomly in the middle of them.

Well, we'll annoy their adherents if nothing else. Won't be able to watch their favorite guru message or beheading without some counter messaging.

That's where they are getting their news and their facts as they see them. So, why not?

Hey, Homeland Security, are you listening?

edit - don't mean every religious message, but the ones by their radical recruiters.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 25th, 2015 at 5:38:58 PM permalink

UK is such a mess. It should be a warning to America what will happen if we do not aggressively secure our borders. Legal immigration can be problematic enough, if we don't eliminate illegal immigrants, America will go haywire.

"Multiculturalism" sounds well and good, until there is no culture left.

Paul Watson is awesome by the way. We need more people like him in America. In a few more years, maybe decades, when it gets really bad, people will start waking up like they are in England now. It is a shame people don't see the problem until its already too late.

I watched the clip. IMO, he is just stumping for votes and starts of proclaiming he's a racist. It's not completely unlike the POTUS when he said he would punish bankers and bring our troops home. Tell the people what they want to hear and deliver what pays you the most.

This guy was once arrested for a speech where he quoted Churchill. So he says he isn't allowed free speech. The speech he quotes is Churchill saying how unruly the muslims are while GB is colonizing Sudan. Go figure, again while blowing somebody up they are less than polite. This guy claiming his right to free speech is infringed would happen over here in similar circumstances. I. G. White Supremacists w/o a permit, etc. You cannot scream fire in a crowded theater.

We all have the right of free speech but not the right to verbally torture others.

"Paul Watson is awesome by the way. We need more people like him in America." This Paul Watson? http://www.seashepherd.org/who-we-are/captain-paul-watson.html Cool. I think you meant Paul Weston.

A guy I respect so far and have watched give several rants/speeches is Nigel Farage, he has been to several gatherings with RP. This is Farage giving the message I think you are looking for. http://youtu.be/y_RKEhT6-f8 , he has some very well done epic rants about bankers as well.
Gandler
Gandler
January 25th, 2015 at 8:00:18 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I watched the clip. IMO, he is just stumping for votes and starts of proclaiming he's a racist. It's not completely unlike the POTUS when he said he would punish bankers and bring our troops home. Tell the people what they want to hear and deliver what pays you the most.

Yes, he represents the people. And more and more in UK are becoming anti immigration, so it is his job to push their view onto the floor.

Quote:

This guy was once arrested for a speech where he quoted Churchill. So he says he isn't allowed free speech. The speech he quotes is Churchill saying how unruly the muslims are while GB is colonizing Sudan. Go figure, again while blowing somebody up they are less than polite. This guy claiming his right to free speech is infringed would happen over here in similar circumstances. I. G. White Supremacists w/o a permit, etc. You cannot scream fire in a crowded theater.

By that logic should we not quote Jefferson about Muslims in case it offends some terrorist?

Quote:

We all have the right of free speech but not the right to verbally torture others.

I find Lady Gaga to be torture. I do the mature thing and don't listen, I don't theaten the goverment that I will blow up building s unless they ban her....

Quote:

"Paul Watson is awesome by the way. We need more people like him in America." This Paul Watson? http://www.seashepherd.org/who-we-are/captain-paul-watson.html Cool. I think you meant Paul Weston.

Sorry phone autocorrected...

Quote:

A guy I respect so far and have watched give several rants/speeches is Nigel Farage, he has been to several gatherings with RP. This is Farage giving the message I think you are looking for. http://youtu.be/y_RKEhT6-f8 , he has some very well done epic rants about bankers as well.

He is a good guy. Has a lot of great points.
Gandler
Gandler
January 25th, 2015 at 8:04:30 PM permalink

I guess you did not read some of the posted links about no go zones. I say real or imaginary because they may not be official but the Sharia patrols imagines they are.

I strongly suggest you watch some videos of Sharia patrols and ask yourself if you really want you daughters subjected to that.

We Americans are all immigrants. But we came here legally. I have nothing against immigrants. Just illegal immigrants. And immigrants trying to impose their ways in this country. We are a secular republic. Sharia has no place in this land.
Twirdman
Twirdman
January 25th, 2015 at 8:17:42 PM permalink

I guess you did not read some of the posted links about no go zones. I say real or imaginary because they may not be official but the Sharia patrols imagines they are.

I strongly suggest you watch some videos of Sharia patrols and ask yourself if you really want you daughters subjected to that.

We Americans are all immigrants. But we came here legally. I have nothing against immigrants. Just illegal immigrants. And immigrants trying to impose their ways in this country. We are a secular republic. Sharia has no place in this land.

Again the BBC article did not talk about a majority Muslim area where Sharia law reigned supreme it talked about an area that was 35% Muslim that because of poverty and a host of other factors was overrun by crimes like prostitution and heroin, neither of which comport with Sharia law. If you are to argue that is proof of Muslims taking over areas and installing Sharia law I don't even know how to respond.

The second video was about some Muslim assholes who harassed drunks and things and were arrested. They are condemned by the majority of people, Muslims included, in that area. They are as much proof of Sharia taking over parts of Britain as crazy street preachers and the Westboro Baptist who claim we need to adopt Christian laws. They are also as much proof of Sharia taking over as Christian gaybashers in the US who assault people, is that proof that Christians have run amok and are forcing religious laws down our throats no its proof those people are douche bags.

Also really Sharia coming to the US where? You are chasing a non existent boogy man. Also again while all these condemnations for so called Muslim "no go zones" but nary a peep about orthodox Jewish communities in the US which do often times try and flout US laws. For instance they have a really bad problem with not reporting crimes to police and even shunning those who do report crimes to the police. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/nyregion/ultra-orthodox-jews-shun-their-own-for-reporting-child-sexual-abuse.html?pagewanted=4&hpw&pagewanted=all&_r=0 . The truth is both of these things are bad and anyone found commiting a crime should be punished for it this includes the Sharia patrol who the police have and are continuing to actively seek as well as those covering up for their community because

others strictly adhere to an ancient prohibition against mesirah, the turning in of a Jew to non-Jewish authorities, and consider publicly airing allegations against fellow Jews to be chillul Hashem, a desecration of God’s name.
Gandler
Gandler
January 25th, 2015 at 8:28:06 PM permalink

Again the BBC article did not talk about a majority Muslim area where Sharia law reigned supreme it talked about an area that was 35% Muslim that because of poverty and a host of other factors was overrun by crimes like prostitution and heroin, neither of which comport with Sharia law. If you are to argue that is proof of Muslims taking over areas and installing Sharia law I don't even know how to respond.

The second video was about some Muslim assholes who harassed drunks and things and were arrested. They are condemned by the majority of people, Muslims included, in that area. They are as much proof of Sharia taking over parts of Britain as crazy street preachers and the Westboro Baptist who claim we need to adopt Christian laws. They are also as much proof of Sharia taking over as Christian gaybashers in the US who assault people, is that proof that Christians have run amok and are forcing religious laws down our throats no its proof those people are douche bags.

Also really Sharia coming to the US where? You are chasing a non existent boogy man. Also again while all these condemnations for so called Muslim "no go zones" but nary a peep about orthodox Jewish communities in the US which do often times try and flout US laws. For instance they have a really bad problem with not reporting crimes to police and even shunning those who do report crimes to the police. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/nyregion/ultra-orthodox-jews-shun-their-own-for-reporting-child-sexual-abuse.html?pagewanted=4&hpw&pagewanted=all&_r=0 . The truth is both of these things are bad and anyone found commiting a crime should be punished for it this includes the Sharia patrol who the police have and are continuing to actively seek as well as those covering up for their community because

others strictly adhere to an ancient prohibition against mesirah, the turning in of a Jew to non-Jewish authorities, and consider publicly airing allegations against fellow Jews to be chillul Hashem, a desecration of God’s name.

Many gangs control blocks without being a techical majority.

Look at some of the blocks controlled by the crips.
  • Jump to: