FunkyDoctor
FunkyDoctor
  • Threads: 10
October 10th, 2014 at 5:46:53 PM permalink
Fox News is the best...cuz they got the hottest chicks!!! Watch it with the sound off. It's much more enjoyable that way.

And what's with that Rachel Maddow on MSNBC? Why would they go with a combat boot wearing lesbian for their on-air talent when they could have gone with the lipstick variety instead? Just can't bring myself to watch that. :D
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
October 10th, 2014 at 6:32:30 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Quote: Sonuvabish

Quote: RS

Quote: RonC

I'm sorry, but that statement everything you've written in this thread is a crock of crap.

This.

Alright, go watch your FOX news then. I'm not stopping anybody. Didn't Bob Evens start this by saying something so inaccurate that it probably came from Fox news? I don't wanna argue with 50 people by myself. Anyone halfway intelligent knows a whole lot of other people think Fox is a joke.

No its not a joke...It's a BUSINESS, like all other news networks and TV channels. They make MONEY by selling ads. And how do they get more for the ads??? They get more viewers. Fox has done a better job of getting more viewers than MSNBC and CNN, but all have found a way to make money. Fox has more ratings because the country is a mess and people are looking for answers they cant get from network news.

Do you really think any network that cared about non biased reporting would hire Al Sharpton?

It is all about money. Fox is in a position where they cant report the news honestly. They cater to the Obama haters. If they report the news honestly, Obama haters will not watch. If they report the news slanted against Obama, ratings go up.

Al Sharpton disgusts me. Will not watch that crap on MSNBC, its right up there with the crap on Fox
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
October 10th, 2014 at 6:55:38 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

No its not a joke...It's a BUSINESS, like all other news networks and TV channels. They make MONEY by selling ads. And how do they get more for the ads??? They get more viewers. Fox has done a better job of getting more viewers than MSNBC and CNN, but all have found a way to make money. Fox has more ratings because the country is a mess and people are looking for answers they cant get from network news.

Do you really think any network that cared about non biased reporting would hire Al Sharpton?

Al Sharpton an MSNBC. George Snuffulupagus at ABC. Dan Rather for years at CBS. So when something unbiased like Bill O comes on FNC the left-wing types say it must be biased.

The discussion of Sonuvabish and his opinion of FNC reminds me of Detroit's reaction to Toyota in the 70s and 80s. The automakers just claimed it was an import, didn't take it seriously, tried to use patriotism to lure people. But Toyota built itself to #1 in the world by steadily building better cars that people wanted. With the other imports they shrank the once-big-3 to a share less that GM alone had in 1980 by the mid-2000s.

FNC came out in what, 1996? Liberals have attacked it at every turn. Obama seems to like having his own little war on it. And the left-wingers go crazy because FNC just builds a bigger and bigger audience. They are lately ahead of everything on cable. So by left-wingnut logic the biggest viewership on cable is all kooks.

Let them keep attacking it. Eventually one of the networks will get out of the news biz. Just going to say the time has come and gone. Or you might see a network buy CNN or just partner with them, outsourcing news operations. Like the aforesaid automakers, the other news orgs will keep denying the problem. Obviously there is a limit that FNC will hit, but the others will for the near future keep fighting over the "what's left of the pie" while FNC dominates.

Something will have to give, the big-boys have too high of fixed costs to be so far behind.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
October 10th, 2014 at 7:02:29 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Al Sharpton an MSNBC. George Snuffulupagus at ABC. Dan Rather for years at CBS. So when something unbiased like Bill O comes on FNC the left-wing types say it must be biased.

The discussion of Sonuvabish and his opinion of FNC reminds me of Detroit's reaction to Toyota in the 70s and 80s. The automakers just claimed it was an import, didn't take it seriously, tried to use patriotism to lure people. But Toyota built itself to #1 in the world by steadily building better cars that people wanted. With the other imports they shrank the once-big-3 to a share less that GM alone had in 1980 by the mid-2000s.

FNC came out in what, 1996? Liberals have attacked it at every turn. Obama seems to like having his own little war on it. And the left-wingers go crazy because FNC just builds a bigger and bigger audience. They are lately ahead of everything on cable. So by left-wingnut logic the biggest viewership on cable is all kooks.

Let them keep attacking it. Eventually one of the networks will get out of the news biz. Just going to say the time has come and gone. Or you might see a network buy CNN or just partner with them, outsourcing news operations. Like the aforesaid automakers, the other news orgs will keep denying the problem. Obviously there is a limit that FNC will hit, but the others will for the near future keep fighting over the "what's left of the pie" while FNC dominates.

Something will have to give, the big-boys have too high of fixed costs to be so far behind.

I see news crap on the left. I see news crap on the right.
Problem is you are blind to the crap on the right.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
October 10th, 2014 at 7:45:46 PM permalink
double
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
October 10th, 2014 at 7:45:47 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

It is all about money. Fox is in a position where they cant report the news honestly. They cater to the Obama haters.

Not on the FoxNews I watch. You must be watching
the FauxFoxnews Daily Kos puts on to fool the
gullible and the twitchy. lol
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
October 10th, 2014 at 9:43:23 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

And that's why I watched Fox the night Obama got reelected.
I wanted to see how the best news channel would report this important news.
Yea , putting a blubbering Karl Rove up front and center to give us the news that Obama didn't win yet when Foxnews reported that Obama won.
Great journalism reporting that all the polls were wrong and skewed until the results are in which showed Nate Silver right on the money.
Just because you don't like the results of a poll doesn't make it skewed, unless you are a Fox journalist.
Great journalism lol.

You have to remember that Karl Rove is a partisan. His activities on Fox News were cut way back for a long time by Roger Ailes because of his bad predictions in the 2012 Presidential election. But it was Dick Morris who really bit the bullet. Roger Ailes eliminated him completely off of Fox News because of his all the way to the last minute prediction of a big Romney win. He is just now slowly reappearing but only on Hannity.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
RouletteProdigy
RouletteProdigy
  • Threads: 3
October 10th, 2014 at 11:04:51 PM permalink
"Who the #@$# would put Glenn Beck on their network? Oh right, FOX news did that."

CNN had him before Fox.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
October 10th, 2014 at 11:07:08 PM permalink
somebody please move this to DT where it belongs. Does it ever !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
October 10th, 2014 at 11:10:35 PM permalink
Quote: RouletteProdigy

"Who the #@$# would put Glenn Beck on their network? Oh right, FOX news did that." CNN had him before Fox.

Glenn Beck started losing me with his bashing of Teddy Roosevelt's policies. When he went to rehabilitating Joseph McCarthy was the straw that broke the camel's back. I couldn't watch him after that.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm

• Jump to: