RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
October 4th, 2014 at 5:34:04 AM permalink
Quote: Sonuvabish

Okay, so if the incubation period is 21 days, that means the person gets sick on day 22. All this article definitively says is the person may or may not be infectious starting on day 21. Note the use of indefinite language like 'can'. Polarized ideology and ignoring facts is a symptom of watching Fox News. Fortunately, this disease is not contagious.



Obviously, you are so biased against Fox News that you just say anything you feel like about them. That is your right but you are wrong. I have listened to, read, and watched, coverage of this "outbreak" of Ebola on many different outlets and Fox News is the least hysterical about it.

Listening to the news 24 hours a day, on Fox or any channel, is a bad thing. They ALL have too much time to fill and sensationalize many things. I know everyone wants to take a poke at #1, but Fox is not any better or any worse than anyone else...they all pretty much speak from a point of view rather than impartially.

This whole deal with Ebola in the US required a lot of stupidity to get this point--no one seemed to notice quickly enough that the gentleman had been in the area and could have come in contact with the virus when he first was sick. That is fairly simple to deal with and most health care professionals will quickly begin asking about travel as routine.

The other thing is the mortality rate--it seems that the disease can be treated much better here than in other places; it is possible the mortality rate would drop 50% or more for people contracting in the US. Still high enough to be a deadly disease, but not a death sentence as it is in third world countries.

...of course, perhaps panic and resupplying my stock to live off the grid is necessary...
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
Joined: Feb 5, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 1342
October 10th, 2014 at 2:54:36 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Obviously, you are so biased against Fox News that you just say anything you feel like about them. That is your right but you are wrong. I have listened to, read, and watched, coverage of this "outbreak" of Ebola on many different outlets and Fox News is the least hysterical about it.

Listening to the news 24 hours a day, on Fox or any channel, is a bad thing. They ALL have too much time to fill and sensationalize many things. I know everyone wants to take a poke at #1, but Fox is not any better or any worse than anyone else...they all pretty much speak from a point of view rather than impartially.

This whole deal with Ebola in the US required a lot of stupidity to get this point--no one seemed to notice quickly enough that the gentleman had been in the area and could have come in contact with the virus when he first was sick. That is fairly simple to deal with and most health care professionals will quickly begin asking about travel as routine.

The other thing is the mortality rate--it seems that the disease can be treated much better here than in other places; it is possible the mortality rate would drop 50% or more for people contracting in the US. Still high enough to be a deadly disease, but not a death sentence as it is in third world countries.

...of course, perhaps panic and resupplying my stock to live off the grid is necessary...



You might be right about Ebola coverage, I have no idea because I'm not watching it. But Fox is the worst. They are the most inaccurate news source available. There have been studies pointing this out. They are also the reason why other news channels lost integrity. Fox is more entertainment for geriatrics than it is news. And since news is boring, guess what, people stopped watching the news and watched Fox! So the actual news had to compete by imitating, to some degree, Fox. So now news is on 24 hours a day, instead of 1 (there used to be just CNN, 24 hours of boring, now it's 24 hours of stupid and boring) Now there's no news at all, instead of 1 hour of news. Yes, I hate Fox, because they take extremist nut-job viewpoints on everything. Regardless of who is covering this with the most fervor, it's Fox's fault for creating the 24 hour news cycle of no-news. THIS JUST IN, FOX SPECIAL REPORT: THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS! THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT! CONTACT YOUR SENATOR IMMEDIATELY! In other news: Muslims should not be allowed freedom of speech.
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
October 10th, 2014 at 3:31:50 PM permalink
Quote: Sonuvabish

They are also the reason why other news channels lost integrity.



I'm sorry, but that statement is a crock of crap. IF one were to say Fox did all kinds of bad things (which you pretty much did), there is no rule making others do the same things. If someone has "lost integrity" it is because, well, they stopped having integrity. It is not somehow because of Fox....
Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2007
October 10th, 2014 at 3:33:14 PM permalink
Fox is by far the best news channel, and they have the best journalists.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 423
  • Posts: 24074
October 10th, 2014 at 3:45:49 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Fox is by far the best news channel, and they have the best journalists.



Fox cannibalizes the best people from the
other networks. Fox doesn't care if you
lean left or right, as long as you're good
at it.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
Joined: Feb 5, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 1342
October 10th, 2014 at 3:53:34 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I'm sorry, but that statement is a crock of crap. IF one were to say Fox did all kinds of bad things (which you pretty much did), there is no rule making others do the same things. If someone has "lost integrity" it is because, well, they stopped having integrity. It is not somehow because of Fox....



The rule is nobody wants their ratings to continue tanking, and they were. It is because of Fox. Do you think everyone woke up one day, the same exact day, and said hey let's run the news 24 hours, and lighten up a bit? If you watch Fox, you're old. I don't even know you. You're old. And republican or someone who pretends they're independent. You have opinions you did not have 10 years ago; it's not because Fox told you what to think, it's because you're so much wiser now. Last year, there was literally a 1/3 chance you thought Obama was born in Kenya; and if you fall into that category, an 80% chance you were unaware the Constitution forbids this and there is no loophole; there was a 20% chance you thought it was a conspiracy. I must be psychic.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 5257
October 10th, 2014 at 3:59:47 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Fox is by far the best news channel, and they have the best journalists.



And that's why I watched Fox the night Obama got reelected.
I wanted to see how the best news channel would report this important news.
Yea , putting a blubbering Karl Rove up front and center to give us the news that Obama didn't win yet when Foxnews reported that Obama won.
Great journalism reporting that all the polls were wrong and skewed until the results are in which showed Nate Silver right on the money.
Just because you don't like the results of a poll doesn't make it skewed, unless you are a Fox journalist.
Great journalism lol.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
Joined: Feb 5, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 1342
October 10th, 2014 at 4:02:14 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

And that's why I watched Fox the night Obama got reelected.
I wanted to see how the best news channel would report this important news.
Yea , putting a blubbering Karl Rove up front and center to give us the news that Obama didn't win yet when Foxnews reported that Obama won.
Great journalism reporting that all the polls were wrong and skewed until the results are in which showed Nate Silver right on the money.
Just because you don't like the results of a poll doesn't make it skewed, unless you are a Fox journalist.
Great journalism lol.



+200
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3319
October 10th, 2014 at 4:03:05 PM permalink
Quote: Sonuvabish

You might be right about Ebola coverage, I have no idea because I'm not watching it. But Fox is the worst. They are the most inaccurate news source available. There have been studies pointing this out. They are also the reason why other news channels lost integrity. Fox is more entertainment for geriatrics than it is news. And since news is boring, guess what, people stopped watching the news and watched Fox! So the actual news had to compete by imitating, to some degree, Fox. So now news is on 24 hours a day, instead of 1 (there used to be just CNN, 24 hours of boring, now it's 24 hours of stupid and boring) Now there's no news at all, instead of 1 hour of news. Yes, I hate Fox, because they take extremist nut-job viewpoints on everything. Regardless of who is covering this with the most fervor, it's Fox's fault for creating the 24 hour news cycle of no-news. THIS JUST IN, FOX SPECIAL REPORT: THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS! THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT! CONTACT YOUR SENATOR IMMEDIATELY! In other news: Muslims should not be allowed freedom of speech.



Hey son, that is one heck of a fine post there! plus,plus good

This isn't even arguing against the other mind control portals. My prior inlaw did the 24/7 route, it was grating to visit. I think it is some form of companionship for those that aren't posting on the web.

It's infotainment. Have you ever kinda shook awake and found you actually had on some sales channel and not the news?
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
Joined: Feb 5, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 1342
October 10th, 2014 at 4:10:34 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Hey son, that is one heck of a fine post there! plus,plus good

This isn't even arguing against the other mind control portals. My prior inlaw did the 24/7 route, it was grating to visit. I think it is some form of companionship for those that aren't posting on the web.

It's infotainment. Have you ever kinda shook awake and found you actually had on some sales channel and not the news?



Thank you. I canceled my cable not so long ago. It's all garbage, especially stuff like FOX news. If I wanna watch something, I do it the old-fashioned way. Illegal stream. I'm a taker. Not of million dollar tax breaks...just a fox news term for middle class people who should feel bad if they don't vote in the interests of the richest people on earth, and against their own interests.

  • Jump to: