Thread Rating:

VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
August 24th, 2014 at 2:45:55 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

Just because something has been a certain way for a period of time doesn't mean it right for current standards. Is slavery still ok?

Should we also change the state name of Oklahoma? The name literally means Red People. Who cares that it was a chief who suggested the name, it was in the past, right? We wouldn't want to offend anybody...
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
August 24th, 2014 at 2:49:48 PM permalink
"VCUSkyhawk" Is that Sioux for he who shits in his hat ? Just asking.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
August 24th, 2014 at 2:52:35 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

"VCUSkyhawk" Is that Sioux for he who shits in his hat ? Just asking.

LOL. Didn't you get suspended for that one in the past. I remember when you said it I thought it was hilarious. You must be older. My dad would sometimes say "So, what you are telling me is 'To go shit in my hat'". I have never heard anybody outside you and my dad use that phrase.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
Buzzard
Buzzard
August 24th, 2014 at 2:59:52 PM permalink
Hey, you seemed to know about the origin of Oklahoma. As I always say, DON"T take it personal. I was simply asking a question. I never thought you would take it that way. I sincerely apologize to your hat for any misunderstanding.

BABS, get your finger off that NUKE button.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
August 24th, 2014 at 3:03:20 PM permalink
I didn't take it that way. Please dont nuke him.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
August 24th, 2014 at 3:12:36 PM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

I have never heard anybody outside you and my dad use that phrase.

That line is included in what was my little old grandmother's favorite joke. She died in 1977 at the age of 82. Guess I shouldn't post the joke here.
Buzzard
Buzzard
August 24th, 2014 at 3:14:49 PM permalink
Sounds like my kinda gal !
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
August 24th, 2014 at 3:15:31 PM permalink
Geez, I hate always being the Black Hat. Buzz, just mask the swear, and we're good. It's just a saying; I heard it growing up, myself. Doesn't make it PC these days. But it's also not an insult in and of itself.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Buzzard
Buzzard
August 24th, 2014 at 3:19:32 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Geez, I hate always being the Black Hat. Buzz, just mask the swear, and we're good. It's just a saying; I heard it growing up, myself. Doesn't make it PC these days. But it's also not an insult in and of itself.

" But it's also not an insult in and of itself. " But Babs , did you not give me a suspension for that very thing ? Or did I dream that? Been dreaming a lot about you lately...SIGH
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
August 24th, 2014 at 3:27:13 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

" But it's also not an insult in and of itself. " But Babs , did you not give me a suspension for that very thing ? Or did I dream that? Been dreaming a lot about you lately...SIGH

I thought I told you in the thread. You called in the napalm on yourself by making it clear you meant to insult the person and were willing to take the consequences. Here, as I read it, you are making a joke AND a wry reference to that event, but neglecting to mask your swear word, as you well know Mike has asked that we do.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

• Jump to: