JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
March 14th, 2014 at 11:03:33 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: Wizard

p.s. Happy pi day!

I think this date next year will be the true pi day. 3/14/15 at 9:26:53 am

I split this from the UTH video thread.

Pi day was celebrated in Austin during the SXSW music festival by 5 sky writing planes that circled the city. The 5 planes flew side by side and worked together to write text characters using short bursts of vapor in the style of a dot matrix printer. they wrote the message "Pi in the Sky" followed by the digits of PI. They continued to circle the city caring out the decimal representation of Pi to several hundred characters. It was magnificently geeky.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 14th, 2014 at 6:56:25 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

I split this from the UTH video thread.

Pi day was celebrated in Austin during the SXSW music festival by 5 sky writing planes that circled the city. The 5 planes flew side by side and worked together to write text characters using short bursts of vapor in the style of a dot matrix printer. they wrote the message "Pi in the Sky" followed by the digits of PI. They continued to circle the city caring out the decimal representation of Pi to several hundred characters. It was magnificently geeky.

I can remember is 8th grade one of my class rooms had pi written the entire way around the room as a border. IIRC it was my french class that used another teachers room for 1 period. Anyways, I was so horrible at language that I decided to study pi for the entire period for a year. That was nearly 20 years ago and I can still remember the following. I did not look it up, I promise.

3.1415926535897932384526433--832? brain stopped
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 15th, 2014 at 2:14:38 AM permalink
Happy Pi day to all as well. By a lovely geeky coincidence, it's also Albert Einstein's birthday.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: