Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
February 22nd, 2021 at 1:10:20 PM permalink
Just shoveled my walkway and path for dog in back of house. It’s really the only exercise I’ve been getting during the cold weather part of the pandemic. Came back in, checked portfolio.... those few shekels up turned into lira lost... now up 118% since inception...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 22nd, 2021 at 6:15:12 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Invest in SPAC's?

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/5-new-spac-pricing-every-single-day-matt-taibbi-slams-latest-get-super-rich-quick-scheme

I haven’t. But I have invested in ‘private equity’. A SPAC you give the money to a guy with no real idea what they are going to do with it. Just trusting ‘the guy’. My private equity things have defined investments, like self storage (good), warehouse rental (good), senior housing (bad), B level apartments (good), student housing (bad).... But similar in that I am trusting a ‘guy’ who knows how to buy, upgrade, and sell. I own 9. 7 are doing exactly as promised. 2 have stopped paying dividends and are generally illiquid so all I can do is wait and hope when COVID is under control they turn around.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 24th, 2021 at 10:53:59 AM permalink
Back to up 120%. Now own a little PLTR. Sold some AMC. Still holding NOK and NAK at a loss.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
February 24th, 2021 at 11:07:07 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I haven’t. But I have invested in ‘private equity’. A SPAC you give the money to a guy with no real idea what they are going to do with it. Just trusting ‘the guy’. My private equity things have defined investments, like self storage (good), warehouse rental (good), senior housing (bad), B level apartments (good), student housing (bad).... But similar in that I am trusting a ‘guy’ who knows how to buy, upgrade, and sell. I own 9. 7 are doing exactly as promised. 2 have stopped paying dividends and are generally illiquid so all I can do is wait and hope when COVID is under control they turn around.

https://www.dailyposter.com/p/how-wall-street-kills-grandma

"Deadly Consequences During The Pandemic
The current nursing home scandal in New York underscores the potentially deadly consequences when for-profit nursing home companies are shielded from consequences for their corporate decisions. There, critics argue that Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s law shielding nursing home executives from lawsuits removed a deterrent to corporations cutting corners in ways that jeopardized lives.

In October, a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that during the COVID pandemic, private equity-owned nursing homes had lower supplies of personal protective equipment for their workers when compared to all other types of nursing homes. "
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 24th, 2021 at 1:32:22 PM permalink
So I’m trying this trading thing. I bought 10 GME at $46.90, yesterday. It went down. I felt stupid. It was going up today. Got out at $50.25! Made $33.50. I know that is not a ton of money... but it felt good. Until an hour later GME was at $112! I am good at buying... not great at selling!
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 26
February 24th, 2021 at 1:44:48 PM permalink

So I’m trying this trading thing. I bought 10 GME at $46.90, yesterday. It went down. I felt stupid. It was going up today. Got out at $50.25! Made $33.50. I know that is not a ton of money... but it felt good. Until an hour later GME was at $112! I am good at buying... not great at selling!

You've heard the old Wall St. saying ""Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered"? You made a profit. Be happy.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 27th, 2021 at 5:07:06 AM permalink
Retreated to plus +114%. I think I was up to +122% a week or so ago. It just seems so natural to go up, so dire to go down! I think the minimum wage bill passing will hurt even more, but if it is blocked (likely) stocks will rise again. We shall see!
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 21
February 27th, 2021 at 6:07:04 AM permalink

Retreated to plus +114%. I think I was up to +122% a week or so ago. It just seems so natural to go up, so dire to go down! I think the minimum wage bill passing will hurt even more, but if it is blocked (likely) stocks will rise again. We shall see!

Watch the 10 year yield. It has been rising and that is bad news for stocks. A lower 10 year yield will work in your favor.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong

• Jump to: