Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 83
January 12th, 2021 at 4:56:59 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I don't know how one would determine if it is overpriced?

It has a fraction of the market compared to GM, Ford and Toyota
Yet
The company is worth more then the big 3 combined

I own F simply due to their impressive truck division
Its been very good to me
Bought in just this summer, up 43%
I'll stick with Ford stock, thank you very much :-)
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
January 12th, 2021 at 5:10:15 PM permalink

I don't know how one would determine if it is overpriced?

It isn't. Right now half the world thinks it is worth a dollar more than the price, and half the world thinks it is worth a dollar less. (Or a penny). That is how stocks are priced. TSLA is around $850 now. I can find you ten 'experts' who said it was 'overpriced' at $500.

I just bought TGT after asking wife for a recommendation. She said she thinks Target will benefit a lot from the vaccines freeing people up to shop more, and at slightly upscale Target compared to downscale Walmart. When I looked it was at $192, around TRIPLE what it was not that long ago. I used the 'word 'expensive' to her and she reminded me about TSLA. So I own 50 shares..... it is up to $199 just days later.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 43
January 12th, 2021 at 5:21:59 PM permalink
It is a free country. We all have our own opinion. One man trash is the other man's treasure. I will have my account ready tomorrow. Might go all in at first shot.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 43
January 12th, 2021 at 5:23:56 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

It isn't. Right now half the world thinks it is worth a dollar more than the price, and half the world thinks it is worth a dollar less. (Or a penny). That is how stocks are priced. TSLA is around $850 now. I can find you ten 'experts' who said it was 'overpriced' at $500.

I just bought TGT after asking wife for a recommendation. She said she thinks Target will benefit a lot from the vaccines freeing people up to shop more, and at slightly upscale Target compared to downscale Walmart. When I looked it was at $192, around TRIPLE what it was not that long ago. I used the 'word 'expensive' to her and she reminded me about TSLA. So I own 50 shares..... it is up to $199 just days later.

Lucky you Soopoo. Also, Wizard just accepted my US$50 bet on No 20 Jan 2021 Biden inauguration. My potential US$500 winnings will go towards 2022 Spring Fling dinner.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 74
January 12th, 2021 at 5:31:05 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

It has a fraction of the market compared to GM, Ford and Toyota
Yet
The company is worth more then the big 3 combined

I own F simply due to their impressive truck division
Its been very good to me
Bought in just this summer, up 43%
I'll stick with Ford stock, thank you very much :-)

I own some Ford also. Tesla is a car company but I think people believe it s much more. I consider it a battery company more than a car company.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
terapined
terapined
January 12th, 2021 at 6:18:55 PM permalink

I own some Ford also. Tesla is a car company but I think people believe it s much more. I consider it a battery company more than a car company.

I dont understand bitcoin
I just got a text from my nephew who is big on this and follows it closely
He insisted I buy
So I just bought 1k worth of bitcoin on coinbase
Just dipping my toe i
Told my nephew if I eventually sell, will split the profit if it goes up
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 12th, 2021 at 6:27:43 PM permalink

I dont understand bitcoin
I just got a text from my nephew who is big on this and follows it closely
He insisted I buy
So I just bought 1k worth of bitcoin on coinbase
Just dipping my toe i
Told my nephew if I eventually sell, will split the profit if it goes up

I wish I was your nephew! Free ride!

It is around $33.4k now. If you bought a day or two ago it was over $41k. What is your entry price so we can follow with you?
terapined
terapined
January 12th, 2021 at 7:37:12 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I wish I was your nephew! Free ride!

It is around $33.4k now. If you bought a day or two ago it was over $41k. What is your entry price so we can follow with you?

+0.02935759 BTC
@ $33,562.70 per BTC

Not even a whole coin lol
terapined
terapined
January 19th, 2021 at 2:35:37 PM permalink
Wow
Netflix up a whopping 10% today
Thrilled I own a little piece
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 19th, 2021 at 2:43:49 PM permalink

Wow
Netflix up a whopping 10% today
Thrilled I own a little piece

Thatís one I missed on. Iím sure I own it in multiple ETFs....

TSM up big again. You should look into it Ed.. the T is for Taiwan! Itís now one of the biggest companies in the world!

• Jump to: