Thread Rating:

unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
June 1st, 2020 at 7:27:54 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I recommend Cydy Cytodyn.

Their drug Leronlimab is being clinically tried for Covid-19 treatment as you know from my other thread.

Ihad purchased 1300 shares a few weeks ago.

Friday I added another 2000

Company giving a comprehensive update June 2 at 12:30pm.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 113
June 2nd, 2020 at 8:39:17 AM permalink
I did not buy CYDY, but did buy MRNA. It's down 10% since I bought it....... I know people involved in the Leronlimab trial and would guess it would border on insider trading if I bought some. I'm guessing whatever rumors I've heard will be public in less than an hour.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 266
June 2nd, 2020 at 8:54:35 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I did not buy CYDY, but did buy MRNA. It's down 10% since I bought it....... I know people involved in the Leronlimab trial and would guess it would border on insider trading if I bought some. I'm guessing whatever rumors I've heard will be public in less than an hour.

Holy crap I do remember you saying something to that effect on the other thread.

I totally forgot.

Well, I applaud you for your integrity.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
June 2nd, 2020 at 9:36:12 AM permalink

Holy crap I do remember you saying something to that effect on the other thread.

I totally forgot.

It may be more "I don't want to go to jail" and less "integrity!" But seriously, all it was was second hand.... from the colleague who said "I heard that it is looking good". This is just from another Dr. at the hospital, not even one of the investigators.

The concept of 'insider trading' is really complicated for me. Brokers who make recommendations use 'research' that to me often sounds like insider trading.

By the way, TSLA is around $900 again. I have a deal with wifey that if it hits $1,000, she gets some ludicrously expensive purse or shoes. I'm hoping for a peak at $999.........
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:07:55 AM permalink

I totally forgot.

Did the company give any update? Google search didnít turn it up and stock looks flat for day.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
June 2nd, 2020 at 12:01:56 PM permalink
If you have any cash, I would pick up some OKE @ $39-$40 level today. I believe they will maintain their current 9.5% dividend rate and you will also get appreciation back up to the $60 level. It is a Nat Gas play, so if you are fossil fuel averse, then it may not be a good fit.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 266
June 2nd, 2020 at 12:14:02 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Did the company give any update? Google search didnít turn it up and stock looks flat for day.

Yes. Primarily business side since still no clinical data as that is double-blinded placebo.

As to trials, we they have passed the 50 patients enrollment for both mild/moderate sick and severe.

Mild/moderate was for 75. 58 enrolled and hard date set for unblinding wherever they are of June 15. I understand there is an independent clinical trial company (since both patients and doctors are blinded) that hold the "keys". Once they are told to unblinded, they will show who received what. They said two weeks to digest the info so by July 1st expect it in FDA hands.

For severe 51 out of 390 patients enrolled. They had a 50 members interim report so something expected from that soon.

Intuitively it would seem easier to enroll severe but that has proven harder to do.

Patients dying don't want to have a chance at getting a placebo. They are more apt to pick drugs under compassionate use(where they definitely get the drug)

There are also lots of trials to choose from

Due to the seriousness lots of paperwork required to enroll. A few people passed away after approval but before they could be started on the regimen

You get the idea

But the 15th of June is a hard date voted by the board to unblinded so looking good.

Expect short attacks to drop the price so they can get out
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 35
June 2nd, 2020 at 2:11:30 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

If you have any cash, I would pick up some OKE @ $39-$40 level today. I believe they will maintain their current 9.5% dividend rate and you will also get appreciation back up to the $60 level. It is a Nat Gas play, so if you are fossil fuel averse, then it may not be a good fit.

This could be a fit for my portfolio, but I'm a little worried about the ~150% payout ratio. Should I be?
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
June 2nd, 2020 at 2:31:29 PM permalink

This looks like a very solid play since their horrid week in early March. Too bad we just missed the ex dividend date which was 4/24. Did you have the stock then and did they pay out close to 10%?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
June 3rd, 2020 at 5:54:27 AM permalink

I used to own OKE! Reason I sold is it is not like regular stocks. They treat you like a real owner, giving you an actual K-1 that you need to file with your tax return. It was a (minor) pain in the ass. Some of the dividend is return of principal, some of it is not taxable, etc.... I had 3 stocks like that and I sold them all. Not worth the effort.

• Jump to: