Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
February 20th, 2022 at 3:11:40 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: billryan

I own shares in several private companies. I'm not sure you can be a corporation without having outstanding shares. I do think it is a bit unusual for a private company to announce a split like this, but I have limited experience on these.

edit:- I believe a non-profit corporation does not need to issue shares, but any for profit corporation does.
link to original post

Private companies have shared but there is no liquid price. And there is a limit to how many shareholders in most cases.
link to original post

Important point about the liquidity. I’m invested (small amounts) in a bunch. They list a NAV but admit it is not a guarantee if I actually want to sell the shares.
link to original post

I interviewed with some brokerage out of college who had a stock purchase plan but they were private somehow but would buy from you on demand. Which made it a glorified partnership of sorts. But they set the price, a true dark market.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
February 25th, 2022 at 4:57:38 PM permalink
After the two up days following the big down day now at +127%. From ATH of + 149%. So that’s a 9% hit. I think that counts as a ‘correction’?
Like everyone else I’m worried about Russia/Ukraine, US inflation, …. but I’m still not willing to sit in cash. I do need some % return to live on…..
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 26th, 2022 at 4:10:45 AM permalink

After the two up days following the big down day now at +127%. From ATH of + 149%. So that’s a 9% hit. I think that counts as a ‘correction’?
Like everyone else I’m worried about Russia/Ukraine, US inflation, …. but I’m still not willing to sit in cash. I do need some % return to live on…..
link to original post

Stocks go down after the invasion then up as the war goes on. Ride it out but put some money in crypto as well, though the state of NY makes that harder than most.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 26th, 2022 at 5:56:34 AM permalink

link to original post

Stocks go down after the invasion then up as the war goes on. Ride it out but put some money in crypto as well, though the state of NY makes that harder than most.
link to original post

. I am not saying crypto won’t be a good investment, but I just won’t do it. I know it is a form of a Ponzi scheme at its root. At least for n the stock market I can fool myself into thinking I own something tangible.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 26th, 2022 at 7:00:36 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

. I am not saying crypto won’t be a good investment, but I just won’t do it. I know it is a form of a Ponzi scheme at its root. At least for n the stock market I can fool myself into thinking I own something tangible.
link to original post

There are good coins and bad coins. Ponzi schemes do not last over a decade. If it comes in for me 7 figures I will buy you wings and a beer at BBP if you let me say I told you to invest.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
Thanks for this post from:
Dieter
February 26th, 2022 at 7:27:40 AM permalink
Bernie Madoff carried out his Ponzi scheme for at least two decades although some evidence points to his doing this as far back as the early 1970s so he may have done it for forty years.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 28th, 2022 at 6:44:39 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

There are good coins and bad coins. Ponzi schemes do not last over a decade. If it comes in for me 7 figures I will buy you wings and a beer at BBP if you let me say I told you to invest.
link to original post

So if you clear $800k you wont buy the wings and beer? And I've told you... not a fan of Buffalo Brew Pub!

I just checked my 'lending' of shares to short sellers. I cleared a whopping $60 in February (with one more day to go). I still think it is good to get free money.
Down half percent after trading for 1 minute this morning. Gotta be tons of volatility coming our way.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 28th, 2022 at 4:48:29 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

So if you clear $800k you wont buy the wings and beer? And I've told you... not a fan of Buffalo Brew Pub!

I just checked my 'lending' of shares to short sellers. I cleared a whopping $60 in February (with one more day to go). I still think it is good to get free money.
Down half percent after trading for 1 minute this morning. Gotta be tons of volatility coming our way.
link to original post

If I make $800K you can have one or the other. You can pick the place except Duff's. I have no idea why everyone up there is so goo goo for their wings, they have been average at best any time I have had them.

BTC is up $4,000 since I made the offer this morning. Now, still down a little over $20,000 from its high, but maybe we are on the way to $300K this round.

• Jump to: