12 votes (30.76%)

39 members have voted

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
February 13th, 2014 at 8:58:08 PM permalink
Voice your opinion.

P.S. Love rules!
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1493
February 14th, 2014 at 7:56:53 AM permalink
Happy Valentine's Day, HB.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
February 14th, 2014 at 8:27:00 AM permalink
It's very simple. Treat each other as if every day was Valentine's Day. Very corny but very tried and true. Practical? That's another story. My wife and I have never gotten caught up in the commercial trappings of the day but we enjoy it nonetheless. We will be having dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, not today but tomorrow evening.

Now, about that snow shovel I bought her. Should I put a red bow on it?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
February 14th, 2014 at 10:57:14 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Happy Valentine's Day, HB.

You're too sweet! Just work for me today, but I'll try to enjoy it nonetheless.

It seems we DO have more romantics in this forum than non-romantics according to the poll above so far. Love wins once again!
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 14th, 2014 at 1:06:20 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

we DO have more romantics in this forum than non-romantics

a lot of bigots and Logans too. But I voted for 'awesome'. Guys, who are we kidding? It's the problem with Monogamy, our romantic notions make us wander.

btw I just watched a documentary that claimed that coyotes are far more devoted to monogamy than humans. Sounded odd for an animal that goes around in a pack, but that's what it said.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
hwccdealer
hwccdealer
  • Threads: 11
February 19th, 2014 at 10:06:39 AM permalink
I'm not a romance guy. I do it because my wife wants it, but I'm more about taking care of needs than about romance and flowers and "foof," as she calls it. I did plenty for Valentine's Day for her, but I count it as an even trade for doing the Super Bowl with me. Yes, I sound like kind of a grump, but after all we have been through, I try my best to make sure she has everything she needs along with a side order of fun stuff.

Also, I'm not a bigot. If there were a poll option for "I'm a misanthrope," I'd click it.
  • Jump to: