AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 12th, 2013 at 11:31:53 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Asians dont eat lice. My mother has never eaten lice. When my mother goes out to eat, waiters have no problem understanding her.

I guess I have to tell you the full story since you didn't understand the brief context, I thought it being in quotes would make a person understand and draw a conclusion......

The guy I worked with was stationed in Japan while in the USMC. He married and brought back a wife. When they went out to eat they got the same waiter every time. And she would order Beef Fried Rice, but it always came out "Beef Flied Lice." This went on, month after month. They joked about it. Eventually she practiced and said it really slow, and got it to come out "Beef Fried Rice." The waiter (a Korean IIRC) had a weird look of disappointment on his face as they could no longer kid around about it.

Happy?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
November 12th, 2013 at 3:26:44 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Of course the Japanese have no problem with the R sound.

Yes and no.

Yes, they can technically make the 'R' sound with their mouths, but this usually doesn't occur when they're trying to pronounce R's. (They usually roll their R's instead)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 12th, 2013 at 3:30:17 PM permalink
Quote: Alan

I never knew or considered a 'Redskin' as a derogatory name, I'm ignorant to that for sure.

And which reservation do you live on as a kid, may I ask ?

But now that you know, what do you think of the Washington fans ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
November 12th, 2013 at 4:13:30 PM permalink
this whole wanting to change these team names is just another example of the left wing nutjobs wanting everything their way. They should all go fu** themselves, politically correct assholes.
get second you pig
FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
  • Threads: 69
November 13th, 2013 at 7:06:54 AM permalink
I never knew a satire could bring out the big guns. I am glad I am not a modern day Jonathan Swift who "advocated" that the Irish eat their babies to reduce hunger in their country ("A Modest Proposal").
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
November 13th, 2013 at 7:23:26 AM permalink
Could you imagine the teabag blowback if a new NFL franchise where named the Albuquerque Gringos?
Their mascot could be the guy with the mullet holding up a sign that says, "Get a brain! Morans"
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
November 13th, 2013 at 8:10:39 AM permalink
When I was a kid and people started calling each other names we had the little rhyme "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names can never hurt me". If I complained to my parents or even my teachers about being called a name that was the answer I got.

Now everybody is so friggin sensitive that you can't say anything about anybody without getting into trouble with some group. Personally I couldn't give a sh*t if they called a team the gringos.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
kubikulann
kubikulann
  • Threads: 27
November 13th, 2013 at 9:03:35 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

this whole wanting to change these team names is just another example of the left wing nutjobs wanting everything their way. They should all go fu** themselves, politically correct assholes.

Oh no! I'm *very* left-wing, you Americans would call me a communist, but I definitely find these PC name-changing games absurd and silly. You call me an asshole, I cut your head off on the guillotine, minable.
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
November 13th, 2013 at 11:46:16 AM permalink
I'm not an american, I'm canadian. I'll drink ten beers and piss on your guillotine.
get second you pig
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 13th, 2013 at 12:43:32 PM permalink
" Currently, the minimum wage in Ontario is $10.25. The exception to this is for those employed as wait staff or bartenders who receive $8.90 plus tips. "

How expensive is it to live in Ontario ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
November 13th, 2013 at 2:43:54 PM permalink
very expensive, especially in the bigger cites...........an example, where i live on the border, everybody goes over to the u.s. to shop and buy gas.
get second you pig
  • Jump to: