SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 12th, 2013 at 10:41:33 AM permalink
For those who are low rollers and stay at Caesar's properties, you might want to look into this credit card.
I will be staying 3 nights comped at the Rio, and by having the card I will be exempt from the $67 resort fee.
I will be given two 'buffet of buffets' passes, worth I guess $100?
For my first $750 in purchases I will get 10,000 credits, which is also worth around $100.
I will also be allowed 'pre 4pm' check in at no cost.
So for me the one time benefit is around $300.
There is no fee for the first year, and if they decide to charge a fee after that I can freely cancel.
ClarkWGriswold
ClarkWGriswold
  • Threads: 8
September 12th, 2013 at 11:13:23 AM permalink
I'm curious,
How did you manage 3 nights comp at Rio, being a lowely Gold card holder?
(If you were Platinum+ you'd already have resort fees waived, etc)
However, for the 2 "Buffet of Buffet" passes, the wife signed up for the TR card (as we're already Diamond's)
"I am your average American gambling idiot" - Me
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
September 12th, 2013 at 11:54:25 AM permalink
The CC upgrades you to Platnium so that waves yhe resort fees. There is up charges for certain buffets such as CP so I think the value is closer to $70. But overall the card as currently offered is a must have for CZR players.
vendman1
vendman1
  • Threads: 9
September 12th, 2013 at 1:53:30 PM permalink
FWIW, I had the card for several years and the benefits were decent. But the bank issuing the card is BOA...or at least it was for me. BOA is an evil corporation in every sense of the word. Hate them. Couldn't keep the card anymore because of them.

Thus endeth the anti BOA rant.
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
September 12th, 2013 at 3:09:56 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

For my first $750 in purchases I will get 10,000 credits, which is also worth around $100.

This made me chuckle. Last month, I opened up a Barclaycard MasterCard Arrival specifically for their sign-up bonus. Here's their pitch: spend $1,000 in the first 90 days and receive a $400 statement credit. The catch is that the $400 statement credit can only be used on "travel" purchases (airline tickets, hotels, car rentals, & cruises).

So we used the $400 to pay for food & beverages at our hotel while vacationing in Hawaii. (In Hawaii, it doesn't take long to accrue $400 in food expenses!) After redeeming the $400, they give you a 10% rebate bonus, so the $400 credit is actually $440. Barclay's charges a $90 annual fee, (waived for the first year) we'll see if I have the discipline to close the account before the annual fee is due.

Perhaps in the long run the Total Rewards Visa is a better deal for gamblers, but Barclay's sign-up bonus is far more generous.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
September 12th, 2013 at 5:54:57 PM permalink
Well not exactly credit card related, but you can do a Hertz rental through AIRTRAN and get triple Freq Flier credits on AIRTRAN, which can be converted to SWA FF miles. I think that is an AP situation because 11 rentals is enough for a roundtrip fllight.

The nice things are that:

1) A One day rental counts
2) Weekend rental car rates are cheap
3) I live very close to a regional airport

The bad things are that:

- Airtran and SWA have very limited availability of frequent flier seats at the basic economy reward, despite the crap their PR dept churns out.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
September 12th, 2013 at 5:58:09 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

The CC upgrades you to Platnium so that waves the resort fees.

My brother got the card and we used the Buffet of Buffet Passes this past August.

His automatic bump up to Platinum was nice for the rest of us low rollers because we could go into the "fast-pass" VIP line and bypass the regular line. I will consider getting the card before my next trip to LV.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
September 12th, 2013 at 6:37:47 PM permalink
Quote: reno

So we used the $400 to pay for food & beverages at our hotel while vacationing in Hawaii. (In Hawaii, it doesn't take long to accrue $400 in food expenses!) After redeeming the $400, they give you a 10% rebate bonus, so the $400 credit is actually $440. Barclay's charges a $90 annual fee, (waived for the first year) we'll see if I have the discipline to close the account before the annual fee is due.

Just remember you can always close the account until 30 days after the fee is posted, and not have to pay the annual fee. That is part of the new credit card rules.

I just got $400 in travel awards from U.S. Bank with 0% interest for 12 months by spending $500 (put my biennial bar registration fees on it).
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
September 14th, 2013 at 9:05:43 PM permalink
Quote: vendman1

FWIW, I had the card for several years and the benefits were decent. But the bank issuing the card is BOA...or at least it was for me. BOA is an evil corporation in every sense of the word. Hate them. Couldn't keep the card anymore because of them.

Note the card is no longer a B of A issued card. Coventry Bank is now the issuer.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
September 14th, 2013 at 9:44:34 PM permalink
Quote: vendman1

I got suckered into an auto load with BoA. I despise them. I will not do business with them again. I'm paying off this car as fast as I can.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
  • Jump to: