Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
June 6th, 2013 at 10:56:53 AM permalink
Screen names you get to choose yourself. Nicknames you got stuck with when I was a kid. Unless you could fight your way out of them. Looking for old friends last year in Baltimore was tuff. Trying to remember or find out real names of guys I hung up with.
no nose miller was really Jack Miller. three fingers brock was Joseph Broccolino Junior. Every schoolyard has a Reds, Fats, skinny, etc.

Hell, if you were skinny and had a big nose you might be tagged Buzzard even. LOL Came in handy when collecting. Never did find the one guy whose name I did know. Because he never had a nickname, he got a 25 year sentence instead of beating the rap or at most 2-5 years. Don't want to hijack my won thread so I will post that here later. But for now picking your screen name is so much better than getting stuck with a nick name.

Hell, you can be a low level government bureaucrat with a dream, and steal the nickname of a mafia mobster, and use it as your screen name. He is a forum member here, I think !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
June 6th, 2013 at 11:17:48 AM permalink
all the kids in the school yard called me sodawater, i swear
Buzzard
Buzzard
June 6th, 2013 at 11:34:23 AM permalink
The kid who never had a nick name was Ronnie Schmuck. Only jewish kid in St Ambrose parochial school. The other kids called him by his last name. Ever wonder about the commercial about Schmuckers jelly. " With a name like Schmuckers you know it has to be good " Here are some definitions of schmuck.

Schmuck or shmuck in American English is a pejorative meaning one who is stupid or foolish; or an obnoxious, contemptible or detestable person.

Yiddish shmok (vulgar) literally, penis

That portion of one's penis which is cut off during circumcision,a Yiddish term (an accent of the german language used by jewish people)

(2) german word for "adornment" or "jewelry"

(3) metaphorical meaning: a prick, an asshole, etc

Many times at recess it was beat up the schmuck time. Many a time I would see Ronnie sticking toilet paper up his nose in the boys room. This was the 50's and bullies were part of school. No anger management classes. And if he bled on the school books, the nuns would be all over Ronnie.

After 8th grade Ronnie went to public school and I did not see him for years. Ran into him just before going into USAF and he was
6'2 then and about 225. Nobody called him Schmuck. Well, not without severe consequences. He was running numbers for Julius The Lord Salisbury. I did not come home for 2 year. So it was in 1964 them. The year before THE LORD got 15 months for tax evasion. Ronnie was out of a job and started collecting for Henry G, my old boss.

Henry's partner was Carrol Glorioso, aka Mr, Blaze Starr. So it is not surprising that one monday night in 196three ( key broke), Ronnie was in the 2 O'clock club collecting bets. Monday Night football, the bookies best friend, did not start until 1970. In came a loser to give Ronnie a partial payment.

I was not there but heard it from 2 eye witnesses who had no reason to lie. Ronnie is sitting as a corner table, only a few customers in the place, just 2 girls on stage and a drummer. The guy sits down, hands Ronnie $1,000 in hundreds and says, Here's part of what I lost betting on the Colts. I will pay you the other 2 grand Friday, if that's Ok with you, Mister Ronnie Schmuck.

I can imagine Ronnie flashing back to that schoolyard. Never thinking how the hell does this guy know my real name ? And if he does, how can he be this dumb ! Ronnie pushed the table back hard and pinned the guy to the wall. Then he pulled out a pistol. I never knew Ronnie to carry, maybe he took it as a payment. Who Knows? But Ronnie screams " What is this , M*****F***** ?.

The guy stammers A-a- G-g-u-nnn. Ronnie cocks the gun and sticks it in the guy's mouth. By now the drummer has stopped, so have the strippers, and the place is silent. Except for the sound on urine dripping off the wing tip shoes of the guy with a gun in his mouth.

Ronnie then proceeds to tell the guy he will blow his brains out if he does not have the money by tomorrow. Even asks the guy if he likes having a pistol in his mouth. The guy does not even try to answer Ronnie. Then Ronnie takes the gun out and the guy runs out of there . Pardon me, the rat runs out of there.

Ronnie did not have a screen name either, remember this was way before PC's or fancy surveillance equipment , even for the Feds.
That's right, the rat was wearing a wire, battery pack and all. And the Feds has told him to make sure he got Ronnie's full name on the tape.

25 YEARS is what Ronnie got. Gee, if his name had been Smith or even Paff, probably no more than 2-5 years. Hell, The Lord was in jail, not his lawyers, He might have even beat the rap ! But Ronnie had no nickname. SIGH
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
June 6th, 2013 at 1:17:39 PM permalink
And of course, by now, everyone knows that forum member's real name.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 6th, 2013 at 3:17:13 PM permalink
When I was in tech school people called me Yoda because my last name sounds like it. Also because I am small and wise beyond my years (well anyone over 21 is considered "old" as a trainee). The force was not with me when I washed back a week though :(
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
June 6th, 2013 at 4:44:34 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

And of course, by now, everyone knows that forum member's real name.

His name is Tyler Durden.
I am a robot.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
June 6th, 2013 at 5:55:28 PM permalink
Last name is beard. Everybody still calls me my that except for my wife and family. Some people I've known for years don't even know my first name

Edit... Also seems like everybody knows a guy named Boston. I think if you move away from the Boston area you just add Boston before your name or just go by Boston. Never seem to run into other guys with a nickname of where they're from
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
June 6th, 2013 at 6:16:38 PM permalink
Quote: Beardgoat

Never seem to run into other guys with a nickname of where they're from

Reminds me of the story of the cowboy they called Tex. He wasn't from Texas but instead was from the New Orleans area. He just didn't like being called Louise.
Buzzard
Buzzard
June 6th, 2013 at 7:15:36 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

His name is Tyler Durden.

The forum member I was referring too took Donald Angelini's nickname.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
June 6th, 2013 at 7:19:15 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

The forum member I was referring too took Donald Angelini's nickname.

I had to look that one up.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
Buzzard
Buzzard
June 6th, 2013 at 7:21:09 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Ummm.... it's Smuckers, not Schmuckers. http://www.smuckers.com/products/category.aspx?groupId=1&categoryId=6&gclid=CPrhwYjM0LcCFSVxQgod0GgAGg

I get half a point :

The Smucker family name has actually undergone some changes throughout its history. Christian Schmucker carried the traditional family name when he brought his family over from Switzerland to the United States in 1752.

And the Jewish lady who came up with that advertising campaign knew what she was doing !
Buzzard
Buzzard
June 6th, 2013 at 7:21:39 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

I had to look that one up.

SHHH. Let them guess LOL
  • Jump to: