Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
March 21st, 2013 at 4:33:10 PM permalink
Lately there seems to be a trend I cannot understand. I know it happens, but I don't know how without anyone able to notice.
Two big stories lately I have been seeing on Yahoo have omitted 2 big facts and nobody but me seems to mention them. Other news outlets are also not saying a word.

We all know the USPS has been in the news about ending Saturday delivery trying to fight its debt. Approximately a third is a result of their pension contributions being by law enormous. They have to pay upfront for each employee's pension for the day they retire, the day they are hired. It is really rare to ever see this information anywhere and the only one I see commenting about it is me.

Cyprus. Cyprus taxes depositors. News stories about it and can it happen here? No mention the banks have the power to take deposits to pay down loans which aren't due. I find it insane nobody but me and 1 other comments about this, when it is clearly possible and a clear danger to so many. You should not have your loans where you deposit your money ever.

Me and the other guy:

Suze Orman once said if you have a loan due and an account at the same bank, the bank can take your deposit to pay your loan in advance. For example, you have $25,000 deposited in savings, a $100,000 mortgage at $800 per month, the bank could immediately take the $25,000 to pay down the mortgage.... More

2 Replies

Otto
1users liked this commentThumbs UpThumbs Down0users disliked this comment
Otto • 6 hours ago Report Abuse

Amen! Chase pulled the same on me with a HELOC and froze the HELOC right after that!

Have you noticed this? If these examples were grossly incorrect, I could understand it, but they are correct.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: