Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
September 24th, 2012 at 8:48:44 AM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

I thought you'd said you were in KCMO... I can think of at least 4 in that area without even trying hard: Up north, across I29 from Zona Rosa (near the Walmart), Midtown on 39th St, Overland Park near Metcalf and (I think) 91st. And Lee's Summit in the big shopping center on Chipman near 50 Hwy.

I used to live in KCMO. I presently live in Ohio. I was never at any of those Chipotle's because I almost never got fast food when I was out there, too many new sit-down restaurants to try. I lived in Parkville, though, so when I did get Fast Food it was usually Sonic, and sometimes I would get LC's Hamburgers. I also was not a vegetarian at that time.

By the way, do you know the Super 8 across from Zona Rosa? Kind of behind the Minsky's and Route 66? I used to manage that hotel!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
September 24th, 2012 at 8:51:41 AM permalink
Quote: aluisio

Mission, have you ever tried the vegan pizzas at CiCi's? I know it's a cheap joint, but back at my student days in America I really enjoyed their Italian Veggie!

I'm afraid I have not. I ate at CiCi's once when I was not a vegetarian and ended up tossing it, so I haven't been back.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
September 24th, 2012 at 8:56:11 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I used to live in KCMO. I presently live in Ohio. I was never at any of those Chipotle's because I almost never got fast food when I was out there, too many new sit-down restaurants to try. I lived in Parkville, though, so when I did get Fast Food it was usually Sonic, and sometimes I would get LC's Hamburgers. I also was not a vegetarian at that time.

By the way, do you know the Super 8 across from Zona Rosa? Kind of behind the Minsky's and Route 66? I used to manage that hotel!

Oh, my mistake.

Parkville is nice but you have to be very careful with the speed limit there, I think the city runs on the revenue generated by the citations given to college students.

I'm familiar with that area, but never visited that hotel. My folks live in the area so I was never really wanting for a place to stay. Though I did attend a few parties at the Motel 6 right behind it...
Mission146
Mission146
September 24th, 2012 at 9:07:34 AM permalink
I'm not sure about the speed limit thing as I do not speed. I did go to Park University, in fact, I lived in Herr House which is where the private dorms are. That was the other thing, Park University has a cafeteria that is better than awful. Prior to managing that hotel I did campus security on Friday/Saturday overnight shift and sold furniture at the JCPenney that either is or was in Metro North mall. I tend to wonder if that mall is still there, it was slow as Hell. I moved back to this area in June of 2006 and haven't been to KC since March of 2007.

I was only to that Motel 6 on the rare occasion that we would get their mail, then I would bring it over to them. I would think that the unspoken agreement would be that they would bring me our mail if they mistakenly got it, but on the only occasion that happened they called me and asked me to come pick it up. If I was not at the motel or the University, I could generally be found at Harrah's. If not there, then I was probably at O'Dowd's in Zona Rosa, Tom Foolery's in Zona Rosa or there was a bar that I cannot remember the name of kind of behind the liquor store on the right if you made a left out of Super 8's lot and went down about a half mile. Kind of between Super 8 and LC's Hamburgers.
LonesomeGambler
LonesomeGambler
  • Threads: 1
September 24th, 2012 at 9:55:28 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I'm not saying I'm going to get food poisoning next time I go to Subway, I just say that I remember violently throwing up every time I see Subway... I used to love it, now I could eat there if I had to...

But I'm sure you realize that reaction is not logical. I guess visceral reactions are inherently illogical, but the point is that an isolated occurrence causing you to form a position on an entire company is highly irrational. Kind of like how Taco Bell axed green onions from their menu following an E. Coli outbreak in 2006—it turns out that the green onions were never the culprit after all, but the irrational public had already formed an opinion, and green onions have never been served there since.
LonesomeGambler
LonesomeGambler
  • Threads: 1
September 24th, 2012 at 10:00:55 AM permalink
Quote: 98Clubs

Dunno, I'm not a fan of vegen meals when crossed with mass-production tecniques. I'll stick to my once-a-week Subway Turkey or R. Beast w/L/T/ Black Olives. No sauces, thanks, I'll add a dash of mayo and mustard at home.

Your sentiment is appreciated, but I think that people are highly critical of "mass production" (a mostly meaningless, blanket phrase; see also, "processed") when it comes to vegan food but completely unconcerned when it comes to food that ironically comes under less scrutiny; i.e., animal-based products. Point in case: you criticize mass-produced vegan foods (again, mass production isn't inherently negative), instead opting for an ostensibly "natural" food like a turkey sub. I can think of few food production methods more unnatural and "mass produced" than factory farming, which is where the vast, vast majority of animal-based products in the US come from. No offense intended, I just think that you unintentionally illustrated a very common double standard in your post, so I wanted to point it out.
  • Jump to: