Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
December 29th, 2013 at 7:50:46 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Speaking of Melissa Joan Hart, you guys obviously didn't bother to read the article in my post. But if in fact you did, then your definition of "crybaby" is pretty bizarre because this is what she actually said:

"People wrote 'that they hope I die, and that they hope my children are gay, which was like somehow supposed to be some sort of punishment,' said Melissa. '[The] hate was really unbelievable that I got just from saying that simple tweet just by saying I was voting.'"

So if that's being a "crybaby", then the professional whiners on your side are raving lunatics.

Its the internet. Of course its gonna be vile and disgusting. Shes a crybaby. See the stuff written about Obama on the internet, its vile and disgusting. Only difference is Obama isn't crying about it. No doubt Melissa Joan Hart is a crybaby.
Melissa Joan Hart is a CRYBABY.
The Left is brutal on the right. The right is brutal on the Left.
That's the way it is. If you are gonna cry about it, stay off the internet.
Melisaa Hart is a crybaby.
Anybody, left or right, that complains how brutal the internet is, is a crybaby.
Keep crying Melissa, the internet doesn't care.
If anything, it brings on more attacks because internet posters know they are getting to her.
Smart thing is not to cry., Keep crying Melissa. lol
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 29th, 2013 at 8:04:33 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Speaking of Melissa Joan Hart, you guys obviously didn't bother to read the article in my post. But if in fact you did, then your definition of "crybaby" is pretty bizarre because this is what she actually said:

"People wrote 'that they hope I die, and that they hope my children are gay, which was like somehow supposed to be some sort of punishment,' said Melissa. '[The] hate was really unbelievable that I got just from saying that simple tweet just by saying I was voting.'"

So if that's being a "crybaby", then the professional whiners on your side are raving lunatics.

Its the internet. Of course its gonna be vile and disgusting. Shes a crybaby. See the stuff written about Obama on the internet, its vile and disgusting. Only difference is Obama isn't crying about it. No doubt Melissa Joan Hart is a crybaby.
Anybody, left or right, that complains how brutal the internet is, is a crybaby.
If anything, it brings on more attacks because internet posters know they are getting to her.

...and statements like this that implicitly agree with the lack of civility on the internet do our society no good. Yes, I know there is "brutality" on the internet. I don't support it, from either side, and I don't ignore it as just what happens.

Spineless folks with no intestinal fortitude call others names and threaten them on the internet because the chances of getting the crap beaten out of them is pretty low. They won't say these things to your face--they just hide behind their computer keyboard. They threaten athletes because of their fantasy football leagues and crap like that.

When someone here makes a statement in support of, or ambivalent towards, internet hostility, it makes me wonder about the content of their character instead of just disagreeing with their positions on issues.
terapined
terapined
December 29th, 2013 at 8:08:35 AM permalink
Quote: RonC.

It must suck to be a devotee these days.

I voted for Obama twice. No I'm not a devotee, just a voter that voted for Obama.
It doesn't suck at all. Having a great time in life.
Just got back from Vegas, got to watch Mission nugget challenge live.
Life is good. I'm glad I voted for Obama.
Go Obama, Go USA. I love this country.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
terapined
terapined
December 29th, 2013 at 8:16:57 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

...and statements like this that implicitly agree with the lack of civility on the internet do our society no good. Yes, I know there is "brutality" on the internet. I don't support it, from either side, and I don't ignore it as just what happens.

Spineless folks with no intestinal fortitude call others names and threaten them on the internet because the chances of getting the crap beaten out of them is pretty low. They won't say these things to your face--they just hide behind their computer keyboard. They threaten athletes because of their fantasy football leagues and crap like that.

When someone here makes a statement in support of, or ambivalent towards, internet hostility, it makes me wonder about the content of their character instead of just disagreeing with their positions on issues.

I completely agree. There is fierce hostility on both sides.
To constantly complain about the how the left is brutal to the right such as B9 is ridiculous.
And then ignore how brutal the right is to the left, again such as B9 is again ridiculous.
There is brutality on the internet by left and right.
It amazes me that B9 thinks its just the left that is brutal.
All the brutality on the internet is sad but what can you do?
I simply ignore it, what else can you do?
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
December 29th, 2013 at 8:19:02 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The President is a poor leader for our country. He is doing a less than respectable job of making America a better place. His foreign policy is dangerous. His domestic policy is unsustainable (Obamacare).

You can think that despite all of the evidence to the contrary. The United States of America is in a lot better shape than when Obama first became President and America wins because of it. Obama's foreign policy decisions have Iran on the ropes and Syria in a nice tidy box without one soldier having to fire a single shot. Obamacare is working well and starting next week, a lot of people who didn't have access to health care can see a doctor.

The country is doing well. I'm glad I voted for Obama.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
December 29th, 2013 at 8:33:46 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

I also voted for Obama but I am not convinced that the country is doing well. BTW, he got my vote because I viewed him as the best of the worst. In any case, my concern is with the economy. The next few months will be telling. Foreign policy seems to be well handled. Obamacare, despite the narrow minded rantings of the republicans, so far looks to be OK. Time will tell.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 428
December 29th, 2013 at 12:33:12 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

Obamacare, despite the narrow minded rantings of the republicans, so far looks to be OK..

LOL! It does? Not a single person has seen a
doctor yet under Obamacare, it's been nothing
but a fiasco since the website went online, and
you consider this 'OK'? What has to happen
before you get worried?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
terapined
terapined
December 29th, 2013 at 12:55:08 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

I also voted for Obama but I am not convinced that the country is doing well. BTW, he got my vote because I viewed him as the best of the worst. In any case, my concern is with the economy. The next few months will be telling. Foreign policy seems to be well handled. Obamacare, despite the narrow minded rantings of the republicans, so far looks to be OK. Time will tell.

I agree, I just couldn't vote for Romney. I was intrigued by Jon Huntsman, but he wasn't right wing enough for the Repubs.
No way I was gonna vote for Romney. The funny thing, all the other repub candidates convinced me not to vote for Romney.
Obamacare will work itself out and will be thought about just like Social Security and Medicare. The repubs will continue to hate it as they hate social security and medicare.
Go Obama, Go USA. Greatest country on the planet.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 29th, 2013 at 1:30:19 PM permalink

To constantly complain about the how the left is brutal to the right such as B9 is ridiculous.

Ah, but that is where you're wrong again. As usual.

I don't "constantly complain about how the left is brutal". I constantly complain about how the left is hypocritical. Big difference.

Yeah, I should have expected such a reply from you. The same guy who whines about political polls..........that is, ONLY the polls with results he doesn't like. Whenever you approve of the results, we never hear a peep from you. lol!

You have a pretty strange definition of "crybaby". All Melissa Joan Hart did was answer a question about hateful tweets during an interview. She answers honestly, and look what happens to her? Kinda like the Phil Robertson interview. For whatever reason, you libs seem to have a problem with people who answer questions honestly during interviews.

Oh yeah, and like I said before, if Melissa is a "crybaby", then so is every gay person in America. Like GLAAD and everyone who supports them. Libs are always whining about something new every day. *facepalm*
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 29th, 2013 at 1:38:56 PM permalink

Obama's foreign policy decisions

Oh yes, he was great in Benghazi. *facepalm*

Obamacare is working well

For the millions who can't even sign up? *facepalm #2*

Is that why 2/3 of the country thinks we're on the "Wrong Track"? *facepalm #3*

The s2dbaker hat trick!!!
Fighting BS one post at a time!

• Jump to: