2 votes (18.18%)
2 votes (18.18%)
3 votes (27.27%)

11 members have voted

Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 89
August 25th, 2015 at 7:35:20 AM permalink
You never know the future, unfortunately. If we did, risk taking would not be possible.

Learning to enjoy the fact that we don't know the future is always the solution.

And I'm having loads of fun.
aahigh.com
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 340
August 25th, 2015 at 7:58:07 AM permalink
Life: where the waves of uncertainty meet the rocks of reality.
"What, me worry?"
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 316
August 25th, 2015 at 9:16:52 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It never goes straight down. This market is on the Blue Sky Meth of free money. Dumped my equity funds yesterday. Getting to look too much like early 2008.

You have my cell number, wish you had called me.

I hate to be harsh, but that's textbook wrong move. IMO. If you thought you might need the money before stocks go up again, then you shouldn't have bought stocks in the first place IMO. And they will go back up or history will be written with this downturn.

Yes, IMO... IMHO if you like. I bought instead of sold. You may get the last laugh.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
August 25th, 2015 at 11:47:08 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It never goes straight down. This market is on the Blue Sky Meth of free money. Dumped my equity funds yesterday. Getting to look too much like early 2008.

Might not have been the best day to "dump equity funds", last Wed would have been better maybe.
But to each their own, the market is in a turmoil, find a place you're comfortable with your 'funds'.
Good luck to us all!
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
August 25th, 2015 at 1:11:26 PM permalink
Down 208 for the day, a real blast for
everybody involved.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
DoubleOrNothing
DoubleOrNothing
  • Threads: 0
August 25th, 2015 at 3:42:09 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Ah, you have the answer then.

Waiting. (sound of crickets)

I can't believe what I believe.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
August 25th, 2015 at 7:30:59 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Although the original post was 2+years ago, reference today: up 300+. For the week; down 500 from close last Friday. Or so my crystal ball says. :)

Oops. Blast. Damn. My retirement funds take another hit. Riding the trough....hopefully not a vortex....
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 316
September 1st, 2015 at 1:09:09 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Oops. Blast. Damn. My retirement funds take another hit. Riding the trough....hopefully not a vortex....

As long as you don't have to sell, it will only matter if it is still going on when you do - presumably that day [having to sell] comes for all of us.

I think we can now say officially this is not the typical V-shaped hiccup we have been used to. We're back to where we were almost.

Will R-Craps be right about it getting worse before better? I'll be sure to see he gets the credit for saying so. We are not there yet.

PS: in the case of AZ, he will get credit too, but only if he says he bought back in at the right spot LOL
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
September 2nd, 2015 at 12:30:30 PM permalink
My absolutely free investing advice for today, worth every penny.
Sell equities you don't own next Monday, early Mon AM.
Then buy those stocks around noon.....
Then go to yacht and enjoy the rest of the day.
I mean, you earned it. right?
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
September 2nd, 2015 at 3:11:30 PM permalink
China is taking two days off to celebrate VJ day(s). This should mean two days of no bad news, three if you count today. Word was there was manipulation that had a positive impact Wednesday to improve the national mood. Next crash is Monday!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.

• Jump to: