JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 3176
March 21st, 2018 at 7:18:32 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Unfortunately it would do no good. They always put the disclaimer at the bottom: Management has the right to refuse or rescind any offer or giveaway.

Yeah, maybe it won't do any good.

BUT don't give the Gaming Commission plausible deniability. Put them on notice. If they get enough complaints, they would eventually have to do something. Or risk losing their sweet sit on their ass do-nothing jobs when someone in a position of power with an ounce of integrity asks them what it is they do all day long.

I am currently awaiting a response from my state's Gaming Commission on why they have let a certain casino repeatedly violate state law. So from that standpoint, I guess I MIGHT have a stronger complaint than you.

From what I have seen, the commission members where I live are casino lackeys, or if I give them the benefit of the doubt, just woefully ignorant of what they are required to do, which is to hold the casinos accountable. Even lackeys want to keep their government jobs. I documented the violations in writing. The violations were documented in writing last year as well. The Commission can no longer say they weren't aware of the violations.
All around me are familiar faces / Worn out places, worn out faces / Bright and early for their daily races / Going nowhere, going nowhere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCLnwIkkps
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 606
March 22nd, 2018 at 5:23:32 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Yeah, maybe it won't do any good.

BUT don't give the Gaming Commission plausible deniability. Put them on notice. If they get enough complaints, they would eventually have to do something. Or risk losing their sweet sit on their ass do-nothing jobs when someone in a position of power with an ounce of integrity asks them what it is they do all day long.

I am currently awaiting a response from my state's Gaming Commission on why they have let a certain casino repeatedly violate state law. So from that standpoint, I guess I MIGHT have a stronger complaint than you.

From what I have seen, the commission members where I live are casino lackeys, or if I give them the benefit of the doubt, just woefully ignorant of what they are required to do, which is to hold the casinos accountable. Even lackeys want to keep their government jobs. I documented the violations in writing. The violations were documented in writing last year as well. The Commission can no longer say they weren't aware of the violations.



I've written to them before for denying me a Cash Back rebate offer in 2009. Basically, they gave me the excuse of... you guessed it... "Management reserves the right to deny or rescind any offer they determine to be void."

So I learned from that day you can't fight the Casino industry. Like you said too many lackeys in positions of power and ready to squash the little guy without hesitation.
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 606
March 26th, 2018 at 8:59:13 PM permalink
Since there is no Edit button that I can see, I will post the Update here.

************UPDATE***************

The remaining Comp multiplier day offers for the month and next month have DISAPPEARED from my offers. Truly a low class move by CET!

It was bad enough they made the offer valid on Wednesdays or Thursdays depending on which month, but to take it away completely is just absurd!

If anyone else has had this happened, I would appreciate you letting me know as this kind of BS has got to stop!!!
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
Joined: May 19, 2016
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 654
March 27th, 2018 at 6:41:46 AM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Truly a low class move by CET!



I think CET gets more complaints by WoV members than all the other casinos combined.

Not sure why folks still play there. Did CET players drink the kool-aid? Mesmerizing music by CET putting people in some kind of trance, perhaps? If I look into your eyes, do I see that the light is on, but no one seems to be at home?
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4298
March 27th, 2018 at 7:11:08 AM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

I think CET gets more complaints by WoV members than all the other casinos combined.

Not sure why folks still play there. Did CET players drink the kool-aid? Mesmerizing music by CET putting people in some kind of trance, perhaps? If I look into your eyes, do I see that the light is on, but no one seems to be at home?


Back in the day (2010-2015 last dates I was really active in gambling), CET had great room offers for table games players. Usually I could stay free at the low-end properties with moderate action. That's a big draw if you want a central point of operations (e.g. Flamingo or Bally's). Never played machines there and the RCs (reward credits) were just a small bonus.

Wouldn't be surprised if things have changed though.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
Joined: May 19, 2016
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 654
March 27th, 2018 at 7:48:24 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Wouldn't be surprised if things have changed though.



I wonder if the Caesars bankruptcy, splitting apart, and excessive debt levels are driving CET's apparent efforts to stick it to their patrons. Obviously, something at CET has changed, as many WoV members seem to echo your comments with their own stories about how increasingly disappointed they are today.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
March 27th, 2018 at 8:18:48 AM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

I wonder if the Caesars bankruptcy, splitting apart, and excessive debt levels are driving CET's apparent efforts to stick it to their patrons. Obviously, something at CET has changed, as many WoV members seem to echo your comments with their own stories about how increasingly disappointed they are today.



Been a Harrah customer since 1988. Definitely a downswing overall in offers, though 2008-2011 they were over generous, perhaps coincidental to CET reorg.. Tapered off now to small change amounts of fp, some free rooms, some not, a little food credit.

Perhaps I'm no longer their target demographic, though I did get a call yesterday from a new host assigned.to me. System-wide powers, but located in LV (Corp offices, not local property, apparently. )

So they haven't totally given up rewarding me.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
March 27th, 2018 at 10:17:55 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Been a Harrah customer since 1988. Definitely a downswing overall in offers, though 2008-2011 they were over generous, perhaps coincidental to CET reorg.. Tapered off now to small change amounts of fp, some free rooms, some not, a little food credit.

Perhaps I'm no longer their target demographic, though I did get a call yesterday from a new host assigned.to me. System-wide powers, but located in LV (Corp offices, not local property, apparently. )

So they haven't totally given up rewarding me.



Room offers will always be based on of market. 2009 - 2012 were not good years for Vegas.

As for the points being taken away, make a point to write a letter and tell them that you've taken your business elsewhere and that you are disgusted by the practice.

There is a deal at a local casino where they offered 2 - 6 times on Thursdays (increments a multiplier each Thursday) and if I showed up on a Thursday with the multiplier cancelled I would do exactly as above.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 606
March 27th, 2018 at 8:13:56 PM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

I think CET gets more complaints by WoV members than all the other casinos combined.

Not sure why folks still play there. Did CET players drink the kool-aid? Mesmerizing music by CET putting people in some kind of trance, perhaps? If I look into your eyes, do I see that the light is on, but no one seems to be at home?



Their room availability and TR app make it very convenient to book a room at the last minute, even on weekends.

In my case, it is also the designated drop off and pick up for the Bus that brings me on the 2 hour trip. So you are forced to play the $35 Slot play Bus Bonus here and it takes up to 30 minutes to show up on your TR card. If you do not put any further rated play on your card, then they will deny you the Bus Bonus on any future trips.

So it is imperative for +EV and future rebates to put play time on your TR card beyond just the Free play given for riding the bus. But yes, you are right there is no real reason to play at CET properties on the main strip in AC. Caesar's is always full of high limit tables on weekends and Ballys/Wild West always has barely legal gamblers who wouldn't know basic strategy if was printed on the dealer's forehead.

Harrahs AC was a good destination, until they started changing the BJ tables to 6:5 randomly. Again, I've been going to Trop the majority of this year, I was just curious if I'm the only getting ripped off with the disappearing multiplier days.
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 514
  • Posts: 3029
March 29th, 2018 at 6:58:16 AM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Since there is no Edit button that I can see, I will post the Update here.

************UPDATE***************

The remaining Comp multiplier day offers for the month and next month have DISAPPEARED from my offers. Truly a low class move by CET!

It was bad enough they made the offer valid on Wednesdays or Thursdays depending on which month, but to take it away completely is just absurd!

If anyone else has had this happened, I would appreciate you letting me know as this kind of BS has got to stop!!!

yeah, my March thur multiplier days is missing for this last week of march on the app.

got an email saying for april, the multiplier days are weds yet it's not showing up on the app yet.
usually, it's on the app b4 I get the email :(
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)

  • Jump to: