beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
October 30th, 2015 at 6:33:50 PM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

In the current climate of endless accusations and biased reporting by the MSM entities e.g., CNN & MSNBC et al --- NO, I don't believe it would've created the same coverage/sensationalism. -- I don't agree with your final and last remark. IMO the black officer probably would've been reassigned or possibly given another chance --- Oh please! with the assination malarkey LOL!

Again, we're talking opinions, which is cool. I think the majority of the issue right now is police brutality or excessive force and resentment and pushback, regardless of race, but that race adds to it when it is or appears to be a factor. Part of that same issue is anonymous attacks on police officers, such as the two slain in NYC this past year. The whole thing is also highly subject to available evidence; anecdotes are one thing, video evidence is another, so what gets attention is highly subjective.

To me, the race of the girl (and the officer) is irrelevant, but it matters a lot that it was a girl of some size smaller than the officer. I lived in SC for 4 years, too, and would have to say it would not be surprising IF her race DID factor in how she was treated. That part is unproven/unknown, but seems likely to be looked at for trends or bias.

I'm going to add that, in the last year, SC has had a white police officer gun down a black man running away during a traffic stop, and a white man slaughter 9 blacks during bible study as retaliation, and a big backlash for removing the stars and bars from the statehouse, among other smaller incidents so no, unfortunately, it's not malarkey there right now.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ajemeister
ajemeister
  • Threads: 16
October 30th, 2015 at 6:40:54 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

...To me, the race of the girl (and the officer) is irrelevant....

to you maybe, but not to the media and apparently the rest of the population. Us whites apparently are oppressing blacks all over again.. or at least says media and advocate groups
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
October 30th, 2015 at 6:43:29 PM permalink
Quote: ajemeister

to you maybe, but not to the media and apparently the rest of the population. Us whites apparently are oppressing blacks all over again.. or at least says media and advocate groups

Yeah, where is the media attention on all of the black heroin dealers selling this crap to and killing the white addicts?
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
HeySlick
HeySlick
  • Threads: 3
October 30th, 2015 at 6:55:40 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Yeah, where is the media attention on all of the black heroin dealers selling this crap to and killing the white addicts?

The media in general has its agenda and your accusations DON'T fit their narrative --- it wouldn't be politically correct to chastise OR expose black heroin dealers --- white casualties aren't relevant in the current scheme of things. Unlike black people, Whites who get addicted are expected to take responsibility for their addiction. AA's can and will blame society (supposed racism) for all of their transgressions etc.
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 136
October 30th, 2015 at 7:04:54 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I invite all of you to live one week in a Detroit "hood", ride the buses in Detroit, etc., then do the same in the suburbs. You're attitude toward them will change to the worse.

Does riding the PEOPLE MOVER count ? LOL on a Sunday afternoon to boot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIObFMbaGH8
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
October 30th, 2015 at 7:11:47 PM permalink
I'm just sick of these black sympathizers. These thugs, Martin, Brown, etc., get what they deserve!

Same goes for any colored thug. White or black.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 171
October 30th, 2015 at 7:26:46 PM permalink
Quote: tongni

Would you use a taser on a 15 year old? A 10 year old? A five year old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMkGOpAF4s
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
October 30th, 2015 at 8:34:56 PM permalink
This thread has turned largely into a celebration of violence. Behavior can be modified so many other ways. It's the individual who lacks creativity, patience and discipline that uses force in place of other actions.

I'm not saying that it's never warranted, but it has more negative side effects than other methods. Sure, advocate for spanking your kid, but if that's your only method for teaching, it's quite possible they'll adapt to it and/or resent you. Diplomacy first.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1390
October 30th, 2015 at 9:13:49 PM permalink
I'd be interested to know what the school was supposed to do in that situation.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 134
October 30th, 2015 at 9:21:36 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

This thread has turned largely into a celebration of violence. Behavior can be modified so many other ways. It's the individual who lacks creativity, patience and discipline that uses force in place of other actions.

I'm not saying that it's never warranted, but it has more negative side effects than other methods. Sure, advocate for spanking your kid, but if that's your only method for teaching, it's quite possible they'll adapt to it and/or resent you. Diplomacy first.

Your comments are thought provoking. Sometimes when I see rude and obviously disrespectful behavior I want to see the wrong righted forthwith. Everyone knows the behavior is disrespectful and rude and they're waiting to see the outcome.

You are right, there are better ways of handling this situation than immediate force. But in the absence of creativity, force will and should suffice.

It would have been a wonderful learning experience if the kids in that classroom saw a calm and clever way of handling the disruption. But it's easy to say that when we're calm and reflective, and removed from the hostility of the situation.

• Jump to: