coilman
coilman
Joined: Jan 29, 2012
  • Threads: 135
  • Posts: 1122
October 18th, 2013 at 10:00:24 AM permalink
So happy to hear that they are all going back to work .... filed my 2012 taxes at the Detroit IRS office the day before they went out.

Maybe just maybe they can get my ITIN and tax refund to me before Christmas ( wishful thinking)
chickenman
chickenman
Joined: Nov 1, 2009
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 997
October 19th, 2013 at 8:56:30 AM permalink
Oh? I hadn't noticed they were not at work...;-)
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 540
  • Posts: 3239
October 19th, 2013 at 9:17:40 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

So happy to hear that they are all going back to work .... filed my 2012 taxes at the Detroit IRS office the day before they went out.

Maybe just maybe they can get my ITIN and tax refund to me before Christmas ( wishful thinking)



sigh.. all those govt workers getting paid 3weeks vacation at my tax $! :(
and all those essential people that were working during the shutdown were paid time and a half!!

jesus Christ no wonder amerika is broke!
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 4929
October 19th, 2013 at 2:29:51 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

sigh.. all those govt workers getting paid 3weeks vacation at my tax $!
and all those essential people that were working during the shutdown were paid time and a half!!


I only got four days off; as a DoD civilian employee, I had to return to work on Monday 10/7.

As for time and a half for the "essential people," I wish; not everybody who worked during the furlough got time and a half for it. The normal overtime rule applied - if you worked more than 80 hours in a two-week pay period, the excess was considered overtime.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
Joined: Mar 3, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 718
October 19th, 2013 at 2:52:40 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

sigh.. all those govt workers getting paid 3weeks vacation at my tax $! :(
and all those essential people that were working during the shutdown were paid time and a half!!

jesus Christ no wonder amerika is broke!



The time and a half rumor to cute, shame it's not true. I'm essential, I went to work and got paid. Some folks at our site went home and got paid.
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 2102
October 19th, 2013 at 4:19:10 PM permalink
The USPTO was working the past three weeks because we had funds left over through the fiscal year, not because we're essential. Paid normally, etc. etc. It kind of pisses me off that my peers got paid for sitting on their asses at home doing nothing while I was still expected to meet production.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"

  • Jump to: