Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 2nd, 2013 at 8:42:51 AM permalink
That was my thought yesterday am. I mean in 2012 I bombed at the Focus Group, spent a week in Baltimore cleaning brother-in-laws
house and putting his possessions in storage, found all my childhood friend were mostly dead, Had a heart attack, almost lost Josie.

So 2013 had to be better right ? Well, Saturday night furnace went out, no phone call messages to every heating place was returned.
Monday drove to several and all were closed. Have a friend who fixes furnace who came back in town Tuesday morning. YEAH

No such luck, Murphy sick as a dog, can't get out of bed, plus parts stores closed. So I went to Walmart to get something for microwave dinner as bottom element of oven went out this weekend. GRRR

Walked in past Cowboy and his wife sitting on bench inside Walmart doors. Don't know his name, but do know he has daughter who turned 3 on Dec 3rd. Know that because I had granddaughter born same day, my daughter and his wife in same semi-private room.
Have seen him flying a kite this summer. My son-in-law was pushing carts that summer at Walmart and said Cowboy always went and
bought milk and diapers from panhandling.

Cowboy is 6' about 165, clean shaven, late 20's, clean if worn clothes, boots polished. Had seen him once volunteered at Habitat, so he is planning to get a job as you need 2000 hours volunteer, job, good credit, etc to get a house from habitat. I had bought 2 outfits for Molly last summer. Took off tags just in case, cause you never know. Figured I would pop for a coat. 3t or 4t ? Give him receipt so he could exchange if need be.

In line at register when alarm bells went off. I did not see Molly with him and they had a suitcase sitting next to them. Left coat there,broke a 20, and walked over and asked Cowboy where Molly was ? He had sold car, everything, but lost apartment. 5 days in
shelter and CPS took Molly. Seems neighbor had called twice over a year ago. CPD marked file Indeterminate. Code for we did
not find anything, but keep this open anyway. Slid him $10.

He and wife walking to parenting classes, jumping thru hoops to get Molly back. I leave them head back to get groceries. To be honest wondering if drugs, I know I know, but I did. Dawned on me why they were sitting on bench. McDonalds in Walmart has 1
hour loitering. Probably could not afford 1.09 for coffee. This was about 4 pm and shelter a block away does not open until 5 .

Walk back and Cowboy stashing $10 in with about $6 plus change. Told him come with me and pick out 2 big subs. He does and
I tell him grab 2 sandwiches for right now. He says thanks, shelter is low on food even. He has subs in right hand, tries 3 times to
pick up triangular shaped sandwich and can't ?

As he put subs under left arm I see his left hand is crippled !!!! Looks like birth defect rather than injury. DAMN Unemployment
back above 10% here, probably 20 for those whose benefits have run out. get hundreds apply for minimum wage. and Cowboy has to compete with guys with 2 good hands ! At register I tell him grab 2 sodas, he says they have 2 cans in suitcase. Moved Cowboy up a notch in my opinion.

This am 37 degrees everywhere in my house except bedroom, but furnace guy on the way. Suddenly 2013 doesn't suck.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
January 2nd, 2013 at 9:43:40 AM permalink
furnce guy was to be here at 10 Now 10:42
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
midwestgb
midwestgb
  • Threads: 12
January 2nd, 2013 at 9:45:26 AM permalink
Buzz I am going to monitor this thread just as if it was Ace in AC... keep us posted. Your Karma is due for a turn to the better.
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
January 2nd, 2013 at 9:46:23 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

This am 37 degrees everywhere in my house except bedroom

I almost envy you.
37F is a nice, comfortable temperature, given a little wool clothing.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
Buzzard
Buzzard
January 2nd, 2013 at 10:33:29 AM permalink
Bad circuit board, parts place has 1 in stock. YEAH !
Ahigh
Ahigh
January 2nd, 2013 at 11:54:06 AM permalink
I have a hot water heater that is no longer lighting up. I'm biting the bullet and buying a new one for $1,000. The first guy to show up was the furnace guy instead of the hot water heater guy. I had this hot water heater problem last year and just don't want to go round and round with this problem, so I am just replacing the whole thing.
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 2nd, 2013 at 11:55:53 AM permalink
My furnace went out last Feb and had to buy a new one.
Why don't they ever go out in July...
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
January 2nd, 2013 at 12:10:53 PM permalink
LoL, I feel ya Buzz....
Two years ago, the heater portion of our HVAC system went out...during the DEAD of winter! (Of course here in CA, it only gets down to about 32º)...had to climb my ass up on the roof and totally rebuild it. (Luckily we WERE able to find new heating tubes and "make" a new flame carryover arm)
THIS year during the SWELTERING heat (100º stretch of a week) our A/C broke...turned out to be just a bad condensor fan.
LoL, our Water Heater blew up a while back and I fixed it with plumbers putty....well, lately it's been leaking again, this time INTERNALLY, so I just put a bucket under it and empty it every week until I can get time/money to replace it...
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
January 2nd, 2013 at 12:14:43 PM permalink
Quote: midwestgb

Buzz I am going to monitor this thread just as if it was Ace in AC... keep us posted. Your Karma is due for a turn to the better.

Karma seems to have turned for me thus far - here is hoping it does for Buzz as well!!!
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
January 2nd, 2013 at 12:34:14 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

I have a hot water heater that is no longer lighting up. I'm biting the bullet and buying a new one for $1,000. The first guy to show up was the furnace guy instead of the hot water heater guy. I had this hot water heater problem last year and just don't want to go round and round with this problem, so I am just replacing the whole thing.

I replaced my own water heater once. The worst part was getting the old water heater up the stairs and the new one down the stairs. I didn't know how to dispose of it either, so it sat in my garage until my neighbor asked if it was trash and he took it to a scrap metal buyer.

So, maybe I'll go check my anode rod to help ensure a good year.
I heart Crystal Math.
Buzzard
Buzzard
January 2nd, 2013 at 2:12:43 PM permalink
I have heat. A month ago high limit switch replaced, though I suspected control board as error code would not clear. 0 days ago I was told it was a dirty filter . WTF ? Only a month old. Today tech took off control board so I could see burn pattern on backside $643.

But I have heat now .
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
January 2nd, 2013 at 2:25:26 PM permalink

Hey, been around gamblers, tin men, deadbeats, bookies 50+ years.

After having read your post at the beginning of this thread: I'm not saying that you are difinitely having all of these problems because you have may have a gambing addiction, but perhaps your situation would improve if you changed where and with whom you hangout.

Buzzard
Buzzard
January 2nd, 2013 at 2:48:45 PM permalink
Appreciate the advice, Keyser. Been to Vegas twice this year Focus group and G2E. Probably gambled in excess of $100 total both trips. I even go to church, clean the buildings. Don't tithe, that's up to Josie. LOL

Just one of them years. But I ain't complaining. Got a new game for 2013. Good news for me, hopefully also for Roger Snow or DEQ.
Buzzard
Buzzard
January 3rd, 2013 at 11:47:53 AM permalink
Gee, slept under just a single down comforter last night. And the cockatiel is now out of the bedroom.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 3rd, 2013 at 11:57:25 AM permalink

Gee, slept under just a single down comforter last night. And the cockatiel is now out of the bedroom.

Life's a bitch, then you die.
"What, me worry?"
Buzzard
Buzzard
January 3rd, 2013 at 11:58:46 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Life's a bitch, then you die.

Cut that out, heart attack was scary enough. LOL
  • Jump to: