mew3782
mew3782
  • Threads: 8
February 14th, 2010 at 6:42:52 PM permalink
I've just returned from a trip to Vegas. I was playing blackjack switch in the "party pit" area of Binion's and, in only about 15 minutes of play (30 hands at most), I was paid on a hand that I shouldn't have been. On numerous other occasions I was nearly paid on hands that I shouldn't have been, implying that over a longer period it would have occurred again.

I would like to get others' opinions (preferably more veteran players) as to whether or not they believe that dealer error in the "party pit" environment is severe enough systematically to offset the house edge in certain games.
darrenfromindy
darrenfromindy
  • Threads: 0
February 14th, 2010 at 7:52:30 PM permalink
I don't think there's an issue there. It's been my experience that dealers get rotated around a lot. I think it would be wrong to assume a higher degree of dealer error in a "party pit" than in the high-roller room. Many dealers who were dealing 6:5 blackjack and passing out beads to "winners" (aka idiots) were in the high-roller room a few days ago. The tokes (tips) are often shared so it makes no difference to them.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
February 14th, 2010 at 8:11:48 PM permalink
I have not noticed a correlation either between dealer errors and party pits. You probably had a dealer inexperienced at Blackjack Switch, which could happen anywhere.

In my opinion, you are more likely to see dealer errors at places that hire entry-level dealers. However, large bets at such places tend to attract the attention of the suits, who will be happy to correct any mistakes.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 15th, 2010 at 8:56:20 AM permalink
Dont forget that in a "Party Pit" environment there tend to be more distractions for dealers.

People gambling in "Party Pits" generally dont know what they are doing which can shorten a dealers attention span exponentially.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
  • Jump to: