mrjjj
mrjjj
  • Threads: 75
March 23rd, 2012 at 10:47:09 PM permalink
Over my MANY years of betting, these two remarks kind of crack me up. Is there really such a thing as >> "Thats a bad line" or "its a sucker bet".

I'll make up an example.....GB is playing Chicago. The line is GB -12.

You hear stupid remarks like, "thats too many points, I'm staying away from that game" OR "sure sounds like a sucker bet to me".

(lol) Well if you think its too many points, then TAKE CHICAGO!!!! I have learned a long time ago, there is no such thing as a BAD LINE and I agree with that.

Not talking about the money line, I'm referring to the spreads. Same thing with totals. You hear a total for an NFL game is 41 and someone says....."thats way too low for that game". Stop bitching about it and take the over. Thats my rant for the night.

Ken
PopCan
PopCan
  • Threads: 1
March 23rd, 2012 at 10:53:43 PM permalink
Hah, I have a friend who absolutely, sincerely believes that all sports games that can be bet on are rigged so that the underdog will win or at least beat the spread more often than they should. I pointed out to him that if that's the case he should just always bet on the underdog. His straight-faced reply was that with his luck he'd still lose.
  • Jump to: