Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
October 7th, 2019 at 8:09:06 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

BOO!!!

I thought you were going to drive



I really thought about it but I will be in a meeting until about noon in Tacoma. I have to be at the conference in Vegas at 7am the next day. Just would not have worked out well. I am still going to get a bunch in Seattle/Tacoma while I am there.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4270
October 7th, 2019 at 8:36:33 PM permalink
Oh there was no point then, you would have had to drive straight there with no stops.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
October 13th, 2019 at 7:33:18 AM permalink
Any experts about Washington? Chip guide lists a Happy Days casino in Lakewood as open but the website does not work. Casino city does not list this casino at all and a google search comes up pretty empty. Does this place exist?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
miplet
miplet
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1982
October 13th, 2019 at 8:07:19 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Any experts about Washington? Chip guide lists a Happy Days casino in Lakewood as open but the website does not work. Casino city does not list this casino at all and a google search comes up pretty empty. Does this place exist?

Pretty sure it's closed. It's not listed on https://www.wsgc.wa.gov/licensing/search-license/licensees?combine=&field_city_tid_selective=All&field_county_tid_selective=All&field_file_type_id_tid_selective=1868 .
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
October 13th, 2019 at 1:55:23 PM permalink
Quote: miplet

Pretty sure it's closed. It's not listed on https://www.wsgc.wa.gov/licensing/search-license/licensees?combine=&field_city_tid_selective=All&field_county_tid_selective=All&field_file_type_id_tid_selective=1868 .



GWAE,

You asked a while back about hotels. I haven't been up there in too long, but the area around the airport was NOT anywhere you wanted to be, back in the day. I would think you'd want to book nearer to Tacoma, and catch the casinos north of the airport first, then work your way south to Tacoma area.

Miplet lives up there somewhere. I thought perhaps he could give you a more current idea.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
October 13th, 2019 at 2:37:00 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

GWAE,

You asked a while back about hotels. I haven't been up there in too long, but the area around the airport was NOT anywhere you wanted to be, back in the day. I would think you'd want to book nearer to Tacoma, and catch the casinos north of the airport first, then work your way south to Tacoma area.

Miplet lives up there somewhere. I thought perhaps he could give you a more current idea.



Oh really. That is interesting. Normally airport area is my goto for hotels. I cant recall those areas ever being a bad area.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GeoducknCrab
GeoducknCrab
Joined: Aug 30, 2015
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 30
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabsAyecarumba
October 13th, 2019 at 2:58:38 PM permalink
I live between Tacoma and Seattle. Happy Days did close about 3 years ago. The airport area is safe but there is nothing there for tourists. There are a few small casinos / card rooms within 5 miles of the airport. You will find four mini-casinos near I-5 in south Tacoma. Great American, Macau, Chips, and the Palace. North of Tacoma is the native casino, Emerald Queen which is reopening in a new building next year, but you will find two separate buildings, one at the Puyallup exit, and one (machines only) at the Fife exit of I-5.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
October 13th, 2019 at 4:29:46 PM permalink
Quote: GeoducknCrab

I live between Tacoma and Seattle. Happy Days did close about 3 years ago. The airport area is safe but there is nothing there for tourists. There are a few small casinos / card rooms within 5 miles of the airport. You will find four mini-casinos near I-5 in south Tacoma. Great American, Macau, Chips, and the Palace. North of Tacoma is the native casino, Emerald Queen which is reopening in a new building next year, but you will find two separate buildings, one at the Puyallup exit, and one (machines only) at the Fife exit of I-5.



Thank you GEO. It appears that the casinos in WA are mostly smaller ones. There is one in a bowling alley and a few that look like they are in a restaurant (Not like normal when a restarant is in a casino)
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4270
October 13th, 2019 at 9:21:15 PM permalink
The bowling alley or restaurant with a casino are very common in Washington.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2226
Thanks for this post from:
Ayecarumba
October 14th, 2019 at 8:26:41 AM permalink
On the tribal front, the three closest to the airport would include Muckleshoot, Emerald Queen (both to the south) and Snoqualmie (to the east on I-90) all of those are within 30 miles of Seatac. Snoqualmie is currenlty the nicest, but Muckleshoot is adding a hotel and huge remodel and EQC is going to an entirely new facility come December.

Silver Dollar Seatac is a typically WA card room and is literally on the main street that runs outside the airport (International Blvd.). Other card rooms that are close include those mentioned in Tukwila as well as the Great American Casino at the Four Points Hotel by Sheraton in Des Moines (that is about 4 miles south of the airport). The Great American card room properties (Tukwila & Des Moines are the two closest) have been taken over by Maverick Gaming in 2019, so not sure if they will have GA chips or be switched over to Maverick).

Maverick also took over the Macau (closest in Tukwila for you) and Casino Caribbean properties (closest in Kirkland and where Lucky Stiff Blackjack got its start in 2014!). Also taken over by Maverick is Crazy Moose (Mountlake Terrace) north of Seatac by about 30 miles (any trip north, you are going to need to time as driving through Seattle is a bear).

If time/traffic is a factor, I would rule out going north and hit all the Seatac/Tukwila/Des Moines properties (like 6 of them), go south to Emerald Queen and Muckleshoot and maybe do a trip East to Casino Caribbean & Snoqualmie (avoiding Seattle, but Caribbean would require going through Bellevue). You could hit upwards of 12 properties and still stay within 30 miles of Seatac.

  • Jump to: