Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 10th, 2017 at 3:01:49 PM permalink
So I have a decision to make. We were going to circus circus today. We took the monorail to SLS and starting walking. I saw how close lucky dragon was so I decided to take a jog and go get a chip while my parents and wife walked the quicker way with the boys. I get down the block and realize there is a day lane highway and I can't get over unless I walk a quarter mile past and then retrace to get there. I decided to skip it, so now I am thinking about just having someone get me the chip since I was at least there and got a picture of the outside. Normally I wouldn't bit I don't think I will have time to get back down thre.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
April 10th, 2017 at 3:38:55 PM permalink
Well, quite obviously, you need to plan another trip and join the rest of us on Friday evening, April 21st, for dinner and a visit to the Lucky Dragon the night before the WoV Spring Fling 2017.

;-)

I rather expect that you could convince most any of the other collectors (or even non-collector WoV members) who will be there the weekend of 21-23 to pick up a chip for you. That is, unless you want a purple, banana, chocolate, or some such frivolity to be paid for "later". I suggest that you pick someone and contact them by PM, since they will need a mailing address and possibly even your identity.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 10th, 2017 at 4:04:57 PM permalink
Haha I wish I could make it. We had this trip planned for a year. I was hoping it would be the date of the spring Fling but it didn't work out.

I am going to try to make it back down on Thursday but not sure if I will.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
April 30th, 2017 at 11:22:36 PM permalink
I have 13 new chips to post but I won't even attempt that until after I get back from my next trip which starts on Friday. When I get back from that people can start bugging me about how long it will most definitely take me to clean and post my chips.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 17th, 2017 at 10:45:37 AM permalink
So...how long does chip cleaning take, exactly? :-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
May 17th, 2017 at 12:49:24 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

So...how long does chip cleaning take, exactly? :-)

Well see... I have no good excuse. They have been sitting on my kitchen side counter for close to a month and I haven't touched them. I have no good excuse except laziness. Maybe I will get on that later today.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
May 17th, 2017 at 1:53:41 PM permalink
Has anyone heard from Doc? I am praying everyday that things are going better for him and Mrs. Doc.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
Thanks for this post from:
Ayecarumba
May 17th, 2017 at 4:31:03 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Has anyone heard from Doc? I am praying everyday that things are going better for him and Mrs. Doc.

I have a date with them tomorrow. I will encourage him to check in here, or allow me to provide an update, but I can promise neither at the moment.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
May 17th, 2017 at 8:34:17 PM permalink
I too hope Doc and Mrs Doc are doing ok. Of course given the circumstances that is tough but I hope they have found some closure.

As for cleaning chips, it didn't happen. I smushed my car and have been car shopping.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
Thanks for this post from:
Ayecarumbardw4potusodiousgambit
May 18th, 2017 at 4:34:12 PM permalink
Update on Doc. He is not ready to resume the forum, but has read up several times. He gave me permission to update all of you, and is very touched that so many of us care and support them as they go through this.

He and Mrs. Doc are doing better than I had hoped to find them. They have been quite busy with all the details that go with unexpected loss. They are deliberately taking a break from that for their personal relief, and so are in the area.

Doc says they have gone from bad to worse to terrible to outraged as they pursue this. The outrage is the only real development beyond his initial post; there was a miscommunication among authorities in NJ, and as a result, an autopsy was not done, and now they will never know what happened. This has left a hole in their lives, not having resolution but, there were no signs of foul play, so there will be no further investigation.

They have both been astonished by the number of people their son touched with his life, and I think it has brought them a great deal of comfort and pride to find out how well respected and liked he was by his peers and many others he knew and worked with.

He will see us soon, and expects to do the eclipse in August as planned.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

• Jump to: