odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 24th, 2012 at 8:03:02 AM permalink
After the recent ruling, I had heard that the first thing that would happen is that states would start selling their lottery tickets online. I decided to kind of check it out, not hearing any news about it. This would seem to be a case of just that. I certainly don't know much about it, the state lotteries got pretty close to zero action from me as a youngster and it's been absolutely zero for decades.

Quote: the link

Dear outta-stater's: We're flattered you're interested, but only those with a Minnesota address are allowed to register for Minnesota State Lottery Online Lotto games.

Observing some caution? I havent tried to make this a research project, don't know what other states are doing, but it seems to me some state will soon be selling tickets to anyone.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 25th, 2012 at 10:25:30 AM permalink
btw the most recent bob dancer radio program talks about this at the end of the program. Someone they cited says Iowa will have their lottery online by April, and they will probably not be ahead of some other states. Presumably anyone can play, not just Iowans or whoever.

http://www.bobdancer.com/mp3/gwae011912.mp3?CFID=65769638&CFTOKEN=85431509
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 25th, 2012 at 12:33:03 PM permalink
In Mexico you can buy lotto online, at the check out register in many stores, and for a while at ATMs, too. It's ridiculous.

I've heard of online services that will get you tickets for many European lotteries, too, and possibly from other places. Theay used to advertise heavily in the international editions of TIME and Newsweek (remember them?) in the 90s.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
  • Jump to: