to be funny? It was priceless, he did have nice underwear,
though.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 31st, 2011 at 2:31:42 AM permalink
it couldnt be racist, the white kids always follow with this stuff
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
August 31st, 2011 at 6:35:18 AM permalink
I must admit that I really enjoy watching these losers on the various "Cops" shows trying to run from the police while trying to hold their pants up.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
August 31st, 2011 at 7:24:33 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

it couldnt be racist, the white kids always follow with this stuff

There's a couple of white, lumberjack looking guys here who have the same belt/trousers problem. I have no idea what they are thinking.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 31st, 2011 at 7:38:23 AM permalink
For a while untied laces on their sneakers was the fad... I saw one guy learn a lesson about fads on an escalator once.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
August 31st, 2011 at 9:32:50 AM permalink
The first time you saw someone wearing baggy pants was last summer? This has been going on for 20 years.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
thecesspit
thecesspit
August 31st, 2011 at 10:26:03 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

For a while untied laces on their sneakers was the fad... I saw one guy learn a lesson about fads on an escalator once.

The one I don't get is baseball caps with the extra straight brim and the tags still left on.

But what do I know? I'm a suburban middle class kid whose idea of rebel fashion was army surplus, baggy jumpers and band t-shirts. God bless grunge.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
gog
gog
  • Threads: 5
August 31st, 2011 at 12:41:38 PM permalink
First there were jeans. Then some genius decided to wear them faded. Soon that wasn't rad enough, so they created tear marks in brand new jeans so that rich middle class kids could pay to dress themselves like trash, just like the poor kids who dressed that way because they couldn't afford new ones. Following down that same route, tear marks became holes and increased in numbers until there were about a dozen places in each leg where you could see the flesh.

And then she arrived, that lumbering monstrosity in her Xtreme torn jeans. Now I want to stress that I don't have a problem with fat people, and I'm known to be fairly indifferent to others' fashion sense. But her legs were just so fertile, her pants so tight. Imagine the Hulk in the early phase of his transformation, when he is growing massively in size, and his clothes are being stretched to its limit but not yet being torn apart. Suddenly he realizes that his clothes are actually stitched from super duper titanium alloy threads, and they wouldn't break no matter what. So he has no choice but to grow around the shirt, muscles spreading away from the torso and squeezing out the neck and arms. Thats what her legs were like: fat spilling out of every hole in her pants, so you could see only worst bits of her thighs and shin.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 31st, 2011 at 2:01:15 PM permalink
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
August 31st, 2011 at 2:15:23 PM permalink
Unfortunately living in the Chicago area, it is something I have seen quite regularly for many years. If you want to give yourself a good laugh remember that this "style" started in prison. People sagging their pants were advertising they would take it up there in exchange for protection.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 31st, 2011 at 3:31:13 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Unfortunately living in the Chicago area, it is something I have seen quite regularly for many years. If you want to give yourself a good laugh remember that this "style" started in prison. People sagging their pants were advertising they would take it up there in exchange for protection.

I heard it started in jails but was because they took your belt when you "checked in."

Either way what is scary to me is how many people want to "immitate" people in jail.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
August 31st, 2011 at 4:38:34 PM permalink
I wonder how many here would go up to one of these fine fellows and try to set them straight or tell them how silly they look right to their face? Guessing not many here would.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 31st, 2011 at 4:55:30 PM permalink
That's okay, one day kids will have to live with the pictures taken during the fads. (just as many other generations) And there's even more photos that won't be going away because of the Internet.

Surely a race to the bottom in fashion was the 70's polyester, wide collars, platform shoes.

The one guy that cracked me up was wearing way way way oversized shorts. He was short too, which didn't help.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 31st, 2011 at 5:19:37 PM permalink
Quote: avargov

I wonder how many here would go up to one of these fine fellows and try to set them straight or tell them how silly they look right to their face?

Thats what they want you to do. They do it for attention, like wearing a hat
sideways. Its called low self esteem. Anything to get you noticed.
avargov
avargov
August 31st, 2011 at 5:31:21 PM permalink
Would 3000+ posts on an internet forum fall in to that same category? Low self esteem....anything to get noticed??? Just wondering.....and although that is "what they want you to do", gonna guess you ain't got the stones to walk up to a few and tell them how silly they look. I think it would be called a fad, sorta like the bell bottoms back in your day. The most foolish pants ever created. But I am sure you bucked the trend and didn't partake of that kind of liberal behavior.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
August 31st, 2011 at 6:51:49 PM permalink
Regarding the Saggers:

It's not just the sagging that bothers me, it's also the fact that they appear to have lost the ability to speak coherently. All they can do is make primitive cave man like movements with their hands while grunting and mumbling.
I'm beginning to think that they are de-evolving back to apes like a bad Star Trek episode.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 31st, 2011 at 6:53:08 PM permalink

Would 3000+ posts on an internet forum fall in to that same category? Low self esteem....anything to get noticed??? Just wondering..

You put posting on a forum in the same category as wearing
your hat sideways? OK, if its not to get attention, if wearing
your pants around your knees isn't to get attention, what is
it then? Poor potty training? Double digit IQ? Just not knowing
any better?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 31st, 2011 at 7:17:07 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Regarding the Saggers:

It's not just the sagging that bothers me, it's also the fact that they appear to have lost the ability to speak coherently. All they can do is make primitive cave man like movements with their hands while grunting and mumbling.

Saggy pants: another alternative version for Planet of the Apes?

Charleton Heston falls to the ground in stunned disbelief when he sees the Statue of Liberty with pants hanging below her butt.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
avargov
avargov
August 31st, 2011 at 7:23:36 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You put posting on a forum in the same category as wearing
your hat sideways? OK, if its not to get attention, if wearing
your pants around your knees isn't to get attention, what is
it then? Poor potty training? Double digit IQ? Just not knowing
any better?

No, I put excessive posting on a forum in the same category. Perhaps it is to get attention, perhaps it is what is perceived as cool by the youth of today. I wouldn't want either of my sons to dress that way, but I wouldn't raise a huge fuss. I pick my battles carefully. Of course, I don't scream at kids to get off my lawn either.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 31st, 2011 at 8:05:30 PM permalink

No, I put excessive posting on a forum in the same category.

You think 3000 posts is a lot, huh. You really need to get around more.
On some of the sports forums, there are people that have 40,000 and
50,000 posts. Who do those show offs think they are... LOL!
avargov
avargov
August 31st, 2011 at 8:11:19 PM permalink
Perhaps I do need to get around more, just not more on internet forums. 40-50k posts is a whole level of "loser-dom" that I would never hope to attain. Even 3k posts in a year+ is probably a little out of my league. As a matter of fact, if I weren't so bored on this particular night, I probably wouldn't be breaking my own personal posting record. Perhaps I should go and do something more productive like watch Sharapova at the US Open, or watch the drive-thru at the taco bell outside my hotel window, or finish up this beer and go to bed.....
Keyser
Keyser
August 31st, 2011 at 8:14:37 PM permalink
Evenbob,

You really are a manic poster. You should take a break, vacuum off the keyboard, get outside and get some exercise and fresh air. Also, didn't you say at one point that you have a family? What do they think about the manic posting?
avargov
avargov
August 31st, 2011 at 8:25:58 PM permalink

Evenbob,

You really are a manic poster. You should take a break, vacuum off the keyboard, get outside and get some exercise and fresh air. Also, didn't you say at one point that you have a family? What do they think about the manic posting?

I wonder if he is concerned that by going outside, he could perhaps laugh at the wrong "sagger", thereby sealing his fate with what would be an ass-whipping of biblical proportions, and actually cause a non-believer to cry out to a God of some sort to help make the pain go away.

*Disclaimer: I am also a non-believer in a personal God.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 31st, 2011 at 9:15:17 PM permalink

Evenbob,

You really are a manic poster. You should take a break, vacuum off the keyboard, get outside and get some exercise and fresh air.

LOL! I never post before 4pm, I wonder what the heck I'm
doing all day long. I am the number one poster here.. Oh, wait,
I'm not even close. How did that happen?
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 31st, 2011 at 9:17:16 PM permalink

I wonder if he is concerned that by going outside, he could perhaps laugh at the wrong "sagger", thereby sealing his fate

Unfortunately, in my neighborhood, its nothing but
rich white folks in Hummers and Escalades. Thats
why the young man in the gas station was such a
treat..
Keyser
Keyser
August 31st, 2011 at 9:48:29 PM permalink
Quote: Evenbob

treat..

I thought you said that you lived in a house valued at only 70k?
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 31st, 2011 at 11:04:34 PM permalink
That was Jerry Logan.
avargov
avargov
September 1st, 2011 at 3:00:20 AM permalink

treat..

Yeah....me too....nothing but rich white folks.....yeah....
avargov
avargov
September 1st, 2011 at 3:03:04 AM permalink
Actually, if you look at time on the board and posts, you kind of are the top poster. I guess that is something to be proud of.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 1st, 2011 at 3:21:33 AM permalink

Actually, if you look at time on the board and posts, you kind of are the top poster. I guess that is something to be proud of.

Green with jealously, huh. I understand..
avargov
avargov
September 1st, 2011 at 3:25:37 AM permalink

Green with jealously, huh. I understand..

Exactly...can I share a warm Pabst Blue Ribbon with you to celebrate?
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
September 2nd, 2011 at 9:04:46 AM permalink

Just be thankful they are wearing underwear!
Keyser
Keyser
September 2nd, 2011 at 2:06:45 PM permalink
At least we've taught the primitive apes to wear underwear.

Now, if we could just teach them to conjugate the present tense of the verb "be".

"We be, they be, he be, she be, me be, I be,..."
avargov
avargov
September 2nd, 2011 at 2:12:35 PM permalink

At least we've taught the primitive apes to where underwear.

Now, if we could just teach them to conjugate the present tense of the verb "be".

"We be, they be, he be, she be, me be, I be,..."

Can we teach the higher apes when to use 'where' and when to use 'wear' as well?
matilda
matilda
  • Threads: 3
VegasVic14
VegasVic14
  • Threads: 1
September 3rd, 2011 at 12:13:13 PM permalink

treat..

This post, following the original post which read, "There was 5 of us in line in the stations
store, and one was a black guy in his 20's."

Both could have been written, losing absolutely no meaning, without "black" or "white" being mentioned.

This tells me all I need to know about EvenBob.
Joseph Kulas
thecesspit
thecesspit
September 6th, 2011 at 12:32:59 PM permalink
Billy-Joe Armstrong, of popular beat-combo Green Day, got turfed of a Southwest plane for not pulling up his pants :

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/09/saggy-pants-take-ii/546005/1

The situation was smoothed over and he caught the next flight.

I feel his pain though. I've lost some weight recently and really need to put a new notch in my belt... at least until I hit the outlet malls in Vegas for a smaller size trouser.
  • Jump to: