thlf
thlf
Joined: Feb 24, 2010
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 267
August 10th, 2011 at 9:48:47 AM permalink
I have gambled at mostly the same casino in LV for the last 9 years. I will call it casino A. There is another casino about a mile away I will call it casino B. For about the last two years I have enjoyed starting with caveman keno for anywhere from 20 to 100 bucks. From there I will play mostly VP but a variety, with a few slots sprinkled in hear and there. Very minimal on the slots.

I recently within the last 3 months started gambling much more regular at casino B. I would like to share some of what I would consider peculiar results.
Casino A actually has better payback for caveman keno than casino B. 5/5 with 4 coins pays 920 vs 860. In the few years that I have played this in casino A I have gotten 5/5 maybe 4 or 5 times with one time being 5/5 with 2 eggs for a nice 3680 coin pay off. In just a couple months in casino B I have hit 5/5 fifteen times with 2 times being with 2 eggs for the nice pay off. Keep in mind 5/5 is over 200 bucks on quarters and 4 times that with 2 eggs.

As far as VP is concerned I have had similar results in both casino's except I will say in casino A I have gotten probably close to 50 or 60 royals in 9 years. In casino B I have only gotten 1 ever, but that is with very sporadic play over nine years and steady play in the last 3 months.

I find it strange that casino B would be paying me so much better on caveman even though it is a lower paytable. I feel that sample size is large enough to compare these last 3 months with any 3 month period at casino A to draw a conclusion. I could be wrong though.

Any ideas?
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
August 10th, 2011 at 9:53:36 AM permalink
Casino A h4xXx0rZ!

I was able to cobble together the down payment on my house 14 years ago because I hit two slot jackpots in one day. I haven't had one since.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
MrRalph
MrRalph
Joined: Jun 8, 2011
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 148
August 10th, 2011 at 10:08:20 AM permalink
Quote: thlf

I have gambled at mostly the same casino in LV for the last 9 years. I will call it casino A. There is another casino about a mile away I will call it casino B. For about the last two years I have enjoyed starting with caveman keno for anywhere from 20 to 100 bucks. From there I will play mostly VP but a variety, with a few slots sprinkled in hear and there. Very minimal on the slots.

I recently within the last 3 months started gambling much more regular at casino B. I would like to share some of what I would consider peculiar results.
Casino A actually has better payback for caveman keno than casino B. 5/5 with 4 coins pays 920 vs 860. In the few years that I have played this in casino A I have gotten 5/5 maybe 4 or 5 times with one time being 5/5 with 2 eggs for a nice 3680 coin pay off. In just a couple months in casino B I have hit 5/5 fifteen times with 2 times being with 2 eggs for the nice pay off. Keep in mind 5/5 is over 200 bucks on quarters and 4 times that with 2 eggs.

As far as VP is concerned I have had similar results in both casino's except I will say in casino A I have gotten probably close to 50 or 60 royals in 9 years. In casino B I have only gotten 1 ever, but that is with very sporadic play over nine years and steady play in the last 3 months.

I find it strange that casino B would be paying me so much better on caveman even though it is a lower paytable. I feel that sample size is large enough to compare these last 3 months with any 3 month period at casino A to draw a conclusion. I could be wrong though.

Any ideas?

Are the keno machines in both casinos the same age. The reason I ask is the newer keno machines for lack of a better way to put it have a more powerful computer which has a larger number pool or sequence of numbers to choose from. I play a lot of video keno and have noticed that the newer the machine the less the same old patterns repeat or show up or numbers clump however you want to put it. I would rather play an older machine with a slightly reduced paytable over a newer full pay. I know the mfg.'s will tell you that they play the same but they do not. The odds remain the same because the math does not change but the machines do play differently.
thlf
thlf
Joined: Feb 24, 2010
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 267
August 10th, 2011 at 10:19:39 AM permalink
I understand that concept of getting lucky, hell it's happened to my quite a few times, but this seems to go beyond luck to me.
thlf
thlf
Joined: Feb 24, 2010
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 267
August 10th, 2011 at 10:23:13 AM permalink
The machines appear to be of the same vintage. I have gone to both places all of the last 9 years, and the machines have all been at both places that same amount of time. None are newer than that. Older than that I couldn't say how much different they are from each other. Keep in mind I'm just talking about the multi play VP, Keno, slot machines at the bars. By slot I mean the typical black rhino, type.
pacomartin
pacomartin
Joined: Jan 14, 2010
  • Threads: 649
  • Posts: 7895
August 10th, 2011 at 1:15:43 PM permalink
According to one website are the 9 possible payback setting in Caveman Keno. The casino operator selects one of them
95.112 per cent.
94.008 per cent.
94.022 per cent.
92.070 per cent.
91.438 per cent
90.058 per cent.
89.885 per cent,
88.017 per cent,
88.004 per cent.

Also read the Wizard's analysis of Caveman Keno
VegasVic14
VegasVic14
Joined: May 22, 2011
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 45
August 12th, 2011 at 6:19:25 PM permalink
Quote: thlf

I have gambled at mostly the same casino in LV for the last 9 years. I will call it casino A. There is another casino about a mile away I will call it casino B. For about the last two years I have enjoyed starting with caveman keno for anywhere from 20 to 100 bucks. From there I will play mostly VP but a variety, with a few slots sprinkled in hear and there. Very minimal on the slots.

I recently within the last 3 months started gambling much more regular at casino B. I would like to share some of what I would consider peculiar results.
Casino A actually has better payback for caveman keno than casino B. 5/5 with 4 coins pays 920 vs 860. In the few years that I have played this in casino A I have gotten 5/5 maybe 4 or 5 times with one time being 5/5 with 2 eggs for a nice 3680 coin pay off. In just a couple months in casino B I have hit 5/5 fifteen times with 2 times being with 2 eggs for the nice pay off. Keep in mind 5/5 is over 200 bucks on quarters and 4 times that with 2 eggs.

As far as VP is concerned I have had similar results in both casino's except I will say in casino A I have gotten probably close to 50 or 60 royals in 9 years. In casino B I have only gotten 1 ever, but that is with very sporadic play over nine years and steady play in the last 3 months.

I find it strange that casino B would be paying me so much better on caveman even though it is a lower paytable. I feel that sample size is large enough to compare these last 3 months with any 3 month period at casino A to draw a conclusion. I could be wrong though.

Any ideas?



50 or 60 royals???? You must be playing 24/7/365 in Casino A.

I play a respectable amount of VP at a high level and have done so for 8 years with 21 royals, so Casino B with "very sporadic play" seems to be normal.
Joseph Kulas
thlf
thlf
Joined: Feb 24, 2010
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 267
August 15th, 2011 at 10:53:03 AM permalink
That is only an average of 6 per year. I have friends who average 20 per year. I actually had 20 in one year at casino A. 3 times that year I got 2 in one day, twice I got 2 in 1 day on the same machine. It was a crazy year, and it hasn't happened since.
zippyboy
zippyboy
Joined: Jan 19, 2011
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1095
August 15th, 2011 at 11:58:38 AM permalink
Quote: VegasVic14

50 or 60 royals???? You must be playing 24/7/365 in Casino A.

I play a respectable amount of VP at a high level and have done so for 8 years with 21 royals,...


50 royals is no biggie. I once got 50 royals in a single hand lol

"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
August 15th, 2011 at 2:06:21 PM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

50 royals is no biggie. I once got 50 royals in a single hand lol



Technically that's a royal.

What was the payoff? I make it out to be $30.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal

  • Jump to: