Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
April 16th, 2011 at 6:31:36 AM permalink
Well- I have finally played in my first poker tournament.

It was a $100 entry fee 6pm game and had 34 entrants.- Top three got a share of the prize pool. Nothing really spectaculer. In my first time out I finished in 6th. Had a good time, spent a long time playing and it didnt cost me much. This was a local poker hall in Jacksonville, FL- I didnt go to my usual area. I enjoyed it. :)
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
woodytyme
woodytyme
  • Threads: 3
April 16th, 2011 at 6:00:47 PM permalink
Not a bad finish at all! What did U get knocked out with? My 1st tourny was at Binions in Downtown Las Vegas. I don't rememner how I did. I do remember I was nervous as hell! And I had a lot of fun.
I am going to win the World Series of Poker!! (someday)
gambler
gambler
  • Threads: 112
April 16th, 2011 at 10:55:16 PM permalink
I am glad to hear that you had a fun time. Too bad that you didn't make it into the money, but there's always next time.

I have always found poker to be fun and relaxing. After taking a beating at the craps or blackjack tables, playing in a poker tournament is a great way to refresh the batteries and recharge.
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
April 17th, 2011 at 4:25:29 AM permalink
Event was held in Jacksonville, meaning it was more of a craps game than an actual poker tournament.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 18th, 2011 at 9:49:22 AM permalink
Quote: Malaru

Well- I have finally played in my first poker tournament.

I'm glad you had a good time Malaru.

Often these smaller tournaments have unlimited rebuys for the first hour or two. Was this the case with you? There always seem to be a few players who are willing to buy their way into the top half, no matter what the cost. They will go all in with marginal hands in an attempt to buy as many pots as possible. Unfortunately, with a small field, it is more likely that they can get away with it.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
woodytyme
woodytyme
  • Threads: 3
April 18th, 2011 at 6:48:14 PM permalink
I try to avoid rebuy tournaments for exactly that reason!
I am going to win the World Series of Poker!! (someday)
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
April 20th, 2011 at 2:20:23 PM permalink
Quote: woodytyme

I try to avoid rebuy tournaments for exactly that reason!

me 2
  • Jump to: