2 votes (6.06%)
4 votes (12.12%)
2 votes (6.06%)

33 members have voted

TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
March 27th, 2011 at 12:42:11 PM permalink
1.) Absolutely having nothing to show for the past 8 years; OTHER than a lot of pictures of big winning vP hands and a 104 roll craps hands.
2.) The fact that women absolutely HATE gambling.
3.) Like someone else said, the "reputation"; when people hear that I'm a "gambler" it gives me an instant stigma of I must be an addicted gambler who loses all of their money and have no responsibility. (Actually, quite a few people at my work "hate" on me, because they ALSO love gambling, but their older so they can't go as much as me, so if I try to leave work early when it's slow to get a jump on the drive to Reno; they'll hate on me by saying "Where's Tim?!?")
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
March 27th, 2011 at 3:25:12 PM permalink
Quote: P90

Making this post was perhaps one of the worst ways to waste my time.

Seriously speaking, I make a lot more per hour spent trading than playing poker (much less blackjack, where I'm not really ahead so far despite using a theoretically powerful count, and further much less anything else). On the other hand, the former is stressful and makes my head hurt, while the latter is like playing with a yo-yo in comparison.

Actually, the latter is playing with several yo-yos at once (at least, ideally).
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
March 27th, 2011 at 3:34:30 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

2.) The fact that women absolutely HATE gambling.

I love gambling!

But I hate gamblers.

Okay, not all, but I think it's good my husband doesn't gamble. His hobbies are more expensive, though.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 418
March 27th, 2011 at 4:59:40 PM permalink
Too much time spent driving there and back. Thats it for sure.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: